Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Award / awards and MCT / minimum connection time issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award / awards and MCT / minimum connection time issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:44 pm

^
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Well first off, you're getting from the US to NZ to Fiji and most of the way back on AA miles, so that's a feat in itself! Give yourself a pat on the back.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, and Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Schedule changes happen. This time around, it just bit you where it really hurt... but AA wasn't out to personally get you. They don't/won't/IMO shouldn't have to cover those additional expenses.

There are two red-eyes in the 10pm hour, to IAD on AA and to BWI on AS. You could also hop on one of the JFK red-eyes and take the shuttle to DCA. Lots of options, just probably none that you want to think about right now.
Yeah I understand that they don't owe me anything. I just wanted to reach out to the community here as you guys know best.

It's unfortunate as there is only 1 flight/day back to mainland US from from Fiji and I was originally golden on the layover back home prior to missing the MCT by 5min! I really didn't want to do back to back red eyes as well as stay another night in a hotel.

Is there anyway to force the airline to book my ticket regardless of being 5mins short of the 2hr MCT window? With a note that I take on the consequences if we miss the flight basically stating that my ticket is void altogether.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Fully2k
Is there anyway to force the airline to book my ticket regardless of being 5mins short of the 2hr MCT window?
I believe multiple posters have already said, in essence, "no." Are you hoping for a different answer this time around?

Two hour minimum means anything less than 2 hours is not allowed. It's as black-and-white as you can get.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yeah I understand that they don't owe me anything. I just wanted to reach out to the community here as you guys know best.

It's unfortunate as there is only 1 flight/day back to mainland US from from Fiji and I was originally golden on the layover back home prior to missing the MCT by 5min! I really didn't want to do back to back red eyes as well as stay another night in a hotel.

Is there anyway to force the airline to book my ticket regardless of being 5mins short of the 2hr MCT window? With a note that I take on the consequences if we miss the flight basically stating that my ticket is void altogether.
If it's short of MCT, there's no way to "force" the booking.

There are plenty of reasonably priced hotels with shuttles at LAX; book one after you get AA to rebook you the next day.

We will retitle according to the rules as well as merge into the existing thread.

You may wish to read http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ssues-etc.html

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 15, 2015 at 6:25 pm
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too

1. A travel agent can ignore the MCT warning and force a ticket. BUT AA WILL NOT- AA is acting as the 'travel agent' and they simply will not do this. Period. Since a travel agent cannot book award travel (they can only ticket paid flights) this is no help for this situation. But just to set the record straight.

2. You need to research any other flights that get you home and meet MCT. AA has the power to force award inventory ON THEIR AIRCRAFT. if it is a partner, they can ASK but this is dicey, and often declined.

You have AA1927 a readeye DCA-IAD, leaves at 10:40PM gets in at 6:32AM
PITA to taxi/shuttle/etc from IAD, but its close to what you had I think

Nothing else IAD, DCA or even BWI. Evcn connections in DFW. There is a transcon three class, AA180, from LAX-JFK leaving at 4PM and getting in 1AM but then overnight @jfk and the morning shuttle JFK-DCA arriving 9:37AM (AA4247)

IMO since AA changed the flight they CAN accommodate you on any of those

3. If you are overnighting at LAX, the Westin is my go to.

4. If you book one of the above, have no bags, and show up at the gate and they have space, you can prolly get on the earlier one.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
MCT @ CDG

I booked a business class award NOU - SYD - MEL - DOH - CDG - LHR a couple of weeks ago, piecing the flights together myself using the BA site. At CDG, BA were offering connections between QR and themselves from 2 hours, but I decided to play it safe and booked a 3.5 hour connection. A day or two later, I called AA at their request, and after scratching their heads for a while, they said the MCT at CDG for QR to BA was 4 hours! Now I know it's a different terminal at CDG but 4 hours seems excessive. I sucked it up though and thus now get to enjoy the dubious pleasure of CDG airport for 4.5 hours, unless any award space opens up on the direct DOH - LHR...
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looking on EF, the MCT at CDG for connections to BA seems to be 3 hours , so seems odd that a 3.5 hour connection is being flagged as invalid.. ( connections BA to QR seem to have minimum of 2 hours )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.