Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA FAs Now Hawking AA Credit Cards Inflight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA FAs Now Hawking AA Credit Cards Inflight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
I know that if I were a typical flier (meaning clueless about realities of cards/miles on AA), I’d be fornicating urinated if I got one of these cards and found out the pitch was that far off base. Feeling deceived would be an understatement.
It's textbook false advertising. Fraud, plain and simple. Surely there are laws against this and steep penalties to boot? If pax are promised four int'l round trip flights on non-oneworld airlines like UA and EK and free upgrades to first class, then they should get them. I see no difference between an FAs announcement and a bank's card promotion webpage touting different benefits. Surely someone would have legal recourse here upon getting the Red AAdvantage MC and finding out that there are no free upgrades to first class?

I think the recording idea is a good one. I know we'll catch some interesting things. If AA isn't going to be scrupulous on their own volition, let's hold them accountable.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by brewdog11
It's textbook false advertising. Fraud, plain and simple. Surely there are laws against this and steep penalties to boot? If pax are promised four int'l round trip flights on non-oneworld airlines like UA and EK and free upgrades to first class, then they should get them. I see no difference between an FAs announcement and a bank's card promotion webpage touting different benefits. Surely someone would have legal recourse here upon getting the Red AAdvantage MC and finding out that there are no free upgrades to first class?

I think the recording idea is a good one. I know we'll catch some interesting things. If AA isn't going to be scrupulous on their own volition, let's hold them accountable.
You think AA would have learned from Well Fargo of what happens when you give your employees the wrong incentives.

Last edited by robertablake; Apr 30, 2018 at 6:31 am
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
flying 2350 mex-dfw last night with voice memo function ready but no announcement (and no new mint either lol).
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
I've heard it promoted as up to four domestic round trip tickets or two round trip international tickets which is technically true if the domestic trips are >500 miles @15k ea and you consider Mexico / Caribbean international @ 30K ea. It's totally deceptive, but enough to get them out of trouble if someone called them out.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by AAdamE
I've heard it promoted as up to four domestic round trip tickets or two round trip international tickets which is technically true if the domestic trips are >500 miles @15k ea and you consider Mexico / Caribbean international @ 30K ea. It's totally deceptive, but enough to get them out of trouble if someone called them out.
Ok. But promoting eight domestic r/t flights or four int'l r/t flights is straight-up fraudulent in any case.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Lord....this could get even worse:

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...hoo&yptr=yahoo
Old May 8, 2018, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Glad I chose Delta for all my flights this summer, similar schedule/price to AA but I don't have to hear a ridiculous CC pitch.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
DEN-PHX over the weekend: One FA hawking the credit card like a circus barker. Made the following claims:

--Card deal has been voted by a leading consumer research group as the absolute best deal you can get.

--Make only a single purchase on the card - even $1 at the convenience store for a donut - and 50,000 miles are yours.

--50,000 miles are enough for two round trips anywhere in America, Hawaii, or Europe.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The FA claimed that she collected 30 apps on the flight. If true, that's $1800 in commissions to her.

It'll only take a few more FAs getting Glengarry Glen Ross fever to make AA flights truly miserable.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
DEN-PHX over the weekend--Make only a single purchase on the card - even $1 at the convenience store for a donut - and 50,000 miles are yours.

I believe this one is true on the Aviator card
Old May 8, 2018, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by asf-07
It appears to be true, but for a limited time only.

Limited Time Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles

after making your first purchase in the first 90 days and paying the annual fee2

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html
Old May 8, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by asf-07
it is, but it is bloody annoying.

sound so weirdly pushy like an infomercial.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I’ve noticed FAs standing in the forward galley holding the applications as people deplane. SAD!
Old May 8, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
I’ve noticed FAs standing in the forward galley holding the applications as people deplane. SAD!
Really. I wonder the response if enough of us took the applications as we deplaned; used a "Sharpie" to write an endearing two-word message; and then mailed them in. That could deliver the proper message.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
Really. I wonder the response if enough of us took the applications as we deplaned; used a "Sharpie" to write an endearing two-word message; and then mailed them in. That could deliver the proper message.
Hmmmm....

Originally Posted by Bandit
Do the letters “F. O.” mean anything to you, Sheriff?
Old May 9, 2018, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jcatman
Nope, that will accomplish nothing, I predict.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.