Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Controlling costs or drunks? [short pours in F]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager

I sat in 1C on a 320 yesterday and noticed the FA only poured half of the small bottle of booze when mixing cocktails. I wonder if this is a new practice or if it's the way it has always been. Is it a way to control overhead or intoxicated pax?
Old May 13, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Wow ... haven't heard of this before. First class ain't what it used to be!
Old May 13, 2015, 10:07 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
They have always given me the "full" mini bottle. Sometimes 2.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I noticed this Monday on a flight, although my originating flight seemed to have normal pours.
Old May 13, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; (HP-FF>US DM - RIP);Marriott Lifetime Plat and a bunch of others
Was not an issue for me on Sunday May 10 SFO to PHX but your mention of Monday makes me wonder if this is a "change".....
Old May 13, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
On the shuttle flights from BOS, including as late as last Monday the 11th, the FAs usually give me and anyone else who ordered a liquor drink two mini bottles. And with wine, the pour is always very very generous.
Old May 13, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps the FA noticed that the caterers didn't deliver the typical quantity of minis? Would hope that it's not an official change.
Old May 13, 2015, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Simplest thing would have been to ask the FA.

Most likely answer is that the bar was short-catered and it's a way of spreading a limit supply to more pax.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: united, delta, british
Originally Posted by Often1

Most likely answer is that the bar was short-catered and it's a way of spreading a limit supply to more pax.
Nahhhhh...it's a conspiracy, more likely.
Old May 13, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
Originally Posted by bkcarolina
Probably. And probably more of a consolidated airline issue: I was on an Envoy flight in F last week and noticed the FA using only half the mini to make a bloody for the guy sitting behind me. I assumed it was because he was being loud and she was worried he was already plastered on an 11am flight on a Wednesday. But I'm perfectly happy to see a conspiracy at work.
Old May 13, 2015, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Since I had to drive when I got to my final destination I was okay only having three half vodka and crans.

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Perhaps the FA noticed that the caterers didn't deliver the typical quantity of minis? Would hope that it's not an official change.
The cart of full of bottles and even the Baileys and coffee was poured short.

With diversions just for asking for hot food?

It was full and there were two kids in F so she only had 10 of us to serve.

Originally Posted by bkcarolina
Well there wasn't a PDB on my connecting Mesa operated flight.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Michael El
I sat in 1C on a 320 yesterday and noticed the FA only poured half of the small bottle of booze when mixing cocktails. I wonder if this is a new practice or if it's the way it has always been. Is it a way to control overhead or intoxicated pax?
Sitting in F CLT to PHX while boarding I couldn't believe my eyes as the FA is only pouring half of the mini bottles. She even made a snide comment to one of the crew about "I've already served a bunch of mixed drinks" when asked about it. I'm looking at the bin of bottles and it is completely full. Wow.

Last edited by Screamin03; Jul 24, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Screamin03
Sitting in F CLT to PHX while boarding I couldn't believe my eyes as the FA is only pouring half of the mini bottles. She even made a snide comment to one of the crew about "I've already served a bunch of mixed drinks" when asked about it. I'm looking at the bin of bottles and it is completely full. Wow.
I would send a complaint to AA... this is a ridiculous practice. Those bottles are the size they are for a reason. #pathetic
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Isn't there some health regulation that violates? Yes, I know, it's alcohol, so the likelihood of infection is low, but in theory, isn't she supposed to throw out any unused portion of the bottle?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by iplaybass
Isn't there some health regulation that violates? Yes, I know, it's alcohol, so the likelihood of infection is low, but in theory, isn't she supposed to throw out any unused portion of the bottle?
Pretty sure no. They don't dedicate a bottle of wine per wine drinker on board either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.