Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Question from a newbie - "On Request" status

Call AA.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
contact AA reservations
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you actually "PURCHASED" the ticket or just put it on hold?

If you have purchased the ticket and it is still not ticketed, you should contact AA ASAP to find out if the ticketing process is actually started.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by worldtraveler19
within 24-48 hrs it should be fine---- this is common when segments are operated by other partners---nothing to worry about...
then it will say ticketed
well, he did say he booked 3 days ago, so > 48 hours
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldtraveler19
within 24-48 hrs it should be fine---- this is common when segments are operated by other partners---nothing to worry about...
then it will say ticketed
OP said it has been THREE days.

He should contact AA ASAP in case something falls into crack because the reservation does not even show up unless he puts in the PNR. It shouldn't be the case. The reservation should still be listed.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:57 pm

Thanks for the responses. I called AA as soon as I noticed the reservation disappearing and they said they'd "put it through" but nothing has changed since then, hence the concern over it. I didn't hold the reservation, I booked it and my airmiles have been deducted etc. Maybe I need to give them another call?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by darrellba
Thanks for the responses. I called AA as soon as I noticed the reservation disappearing and they said they'd "put it through" but nothing has changed since then, hence the concern over it. I didn't hold the reservation, I booked it and my airmiles have been deducted etc. Maybe I need to give them another call?
I wouldn't worry just yet - AA's ticketing can often be a sloooow process when compared to the almost instant ticketing on BA for example.

I booked an AAdvantage award last Friday for travel on BA in November and it was also showing "on request" until it ticketed just this afternoon (I can see that on the itinerary on aa.com - still no confirmation email though). As long as you've purchased it you're not going to lose the reservation but it obviously needs to be ticketed before you can fly.

I'd give it another couple of days and call if it still hasn't ticketed towards the end of the week.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:15 pm

I don't mean to freak you out, but this just happened to me and there was DEFINITELY a problem. I bought my tickets on AA.com for a Cathy Pacific flight, but apparently Cathay decided that it didn't want to sell any seat on my return flight for the price AA had charged -- so they simply didn't book my return. Most annoyingly, they never called me to tell me about this, so I didn't find out until I called four days later. The AA customer service people were absolutely no help unless I was willing to pay more (I wasn't), so I canceled and booked with another airline.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:24 pm

Angry Furious at AA - "on request" flight was never booked with Cathay

I bought two tickets on AA.com for a Cathy Pacific flight JFK-BKK, but apparently Cathay decided that it didn't want to sell any seat on my return flight for the price AA had charged -- so they simply didn't book my return. They never called me to tell me about this, so I didn't find out until I called THEM four days later. Most annoyingly, I had called 24 hours after booking the ticket and they told me everything was fine, despite the fact that the my reservation still said "on request." Obviously, everything was not fine.

The AA customer service people were absolutely no help unless I was willing to pay more (I wasn't), so I canceled and booked with another airline (Korean). Most of the flights I wanted had gotten significantly more expensive during the four-day period after my AA purchase, but luckily the Korean flights had not. So I'm not out any money (I actually SAVED $300 for the pair of tickets), but I'm incredibly annoyed at the hours spent on the phone with AA, and the fact that we can't fly Cathay like I wanted to. I was pretty excited to see the Hong Kong airport, too, where we had a long layover.

Does anyone think an angry letter to AA would get us anywhere? I know our story is less sympathetic because we luckily did not have to pay more for a replacement ticket, but I would still like to express my frustration with their lack of communication, and it was really terrifying today to think that our whole trip might have to be canceled when we planned on leaving in less than two weeks!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
What did your confirmation show from aa.com?

You should easily be able to see if it was originally purchased.
If you write to AA, keep it short and factual.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:37 pm
Suspended

No one should relax until they've actually received a ticket number. "On request" means less than nothing.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Be afraid. Stay on top of this until you receive a ticket number. This process occasionally screws up, to the passenger's detriment.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by bhakti
Most annoyingly, I had called 24 hours after booking the ticket and they told me everything was fine, despite the fact that the my reservation still said "on request." Obviously, everything was not fine.
I'd certainly e-mail AA about that. If they misled you that no further action was required, such as receiving a new itinerary with a ticket number, they should take the blame.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
You should easily be able to see if it was originally purchased.
Keep in mind, though, that "purchased" is very different than "ticketed".
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bhakti
so I canceled and booked with another airline (Korean). Most of the flights I wanted had gotten significantly more expensive during the four-day period after my AA purchase, but luckily the Korean flights had not.
Sounds like you are flying coach - consider yourself upgraded - KE has 33-34 inch pitch vs. 32 inch on CX. Also KE has 34 inches on its A380 plus some nice walk around space in the duty free shop at the back of the plane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.