Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club Drink Chit / Chits / Coupons 2014-2019, Drink Chit Nostalgia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Admirals Clubs offer free soft and "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages to all present.

NOTE: It appears Admirals Clubs will scan boarding passes upon.Club entry and electronic “drink coupons” will be attached to the boarding pass, requiring scanning by the bartender. This appears to be rolling out at Clubs as of August 2019. See Admirals Club Drink Coupons / Chits moving to Boarding Pass scans 2019
Drinks chits / coupons (date-stamped) for premium level drinks or bottles of water have been given to AAdvantage Platinum and Executive Platinum members departing on international flights. These guests might be given one or two, and more may be forthcoming if requested later. Some drinks might require two chits.

As well, non-AA oneworld Sapphire and Emerald flyers with Club access are also eligible for premium drinks coupons. In response to a communication from a oneworld member denied a drinks coupon (see atramos below):

- International First class passengers are allowed 2 drink chits (AA International itineraries include travel to/from Asia, Europe, Mexico city, Central & South America)
  • oneworld customers receive one drink chit plus one for a guest
  • Transcontinental passengers do not receive drink chits, nor do those on wholly domestic itineraries
  • Admirals Club members, US Airways Club members and Citi Executive Admirals Club members do not receive drink chits unless they qualify for club access based on their itinerary or oneworld status.
  • Guests may exchange a premium drink chit for any drink – this includes a Naked Juice Smoothie or bottled water.
Admirals Club members, and AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum on purely domestic itineraries (even 321T three class transcont) are ineligible for premium drinks coupons (but those in domestic three class F transcons are Flagship Lounge eligible at LAX and JFK, where premium drinks are included).
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club Drink Chit / Chits / Coupons 2014-2019, Drink Chit Nostalgia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Yes it is....there are signs when you enter but I never saw actual remodeling....so that makes sense. Had a nice top shelf margarita on AA
Your experience in the MIA AC + your experience on the LGA-MIA flight. That's why we fly.......
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jcatman
your experience in the mia ac + your experience on the lga-mia flight. That's why we fly.......
yup! 😎
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
SFO lounge agent just said that only F and not J gets drink chits SFO-JFK. Was she right? I got chits at DCA on the way out (flying DCA-JFK-SFO, Flagship J)... was I just lucky? (Haven't had the issue come up before I guess... have definitely gotten them here when in F, and FL makes chits unnecessary at LAX/JFK.)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
SFO lounge agent just said that only F and not J gets drink chits SFO-JFK. Was she right? I got chits at DCA on the way out (flying DCA-JFK-SFO, Flagship J)... was I just lucky? (Haven't had the issue come up before I guess... have definitely gotten them here when in F, and FL makes chits unnecessary at LAX/JFK.)
i believe official policy is no chits for transcons at all (regardless of class). As a CK I had to beg for them at DCA (en route to JFK-LAX) last week. But Patron plus guacamole is yummy

Last edited by ikwia; Mar 3, 2019 at 8:45 am
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I don't drink alcohol so never use my drink chits unless I get a bottled water which seems such a waste. I often wonder what to do with them so I usually find someone that is obviously drinking and give them away. It feels a little awkward though and wonder is it better to just leave them on a table? I don't want the cleaning staff to nab them. Too many posts here to read all of them to see if this has been asked before.. thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by DallasTX_Traveller
I don't drink alcohol so never use my drink chits unless I get a bottled water which seems such a waste. I often wonder what to do with them so I usually find someone that is obviously drinking and give them away. It feels a little awkward though and wonder is it better to just leave them on a table? I don't want the cleaning staff to nab them. Too many posts here to read all of them to see if this has been asked before.. thanks!

In some lounges, there are bottles of juice or Pellegrino as options.
Giving them away will probably alway make people happy!
You can also hide them and post in this Treasure Hunt thread: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2017+
DallasTX_Traveller likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by DallasTX_Traveller
Give them out!

Recently I was at an AC and watched about 20 pax (probably all on the same flight, they all came in around the same time and all had a Brazilian Portuguese accent) each turn in their chits for a bottle of water. As I sat there drinking house swill. I wanted to say "hey let me buy you that water and I'll take that coupon off your hands and here's a couple bucks for your trouble" -- but social norms and all that. Classic market inefficiency working as an obstacle to Coasian bargaining.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by chrisny2
In some lounges, there are bottles of juice or Pellegrino as options.
Giving them away will probably alway make people happy!
You can also hide them and post in this Treasure Hunt thread: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2017+
I have a flight on 3/22 out of DFW term D. Will definitely be hiding them!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
I flew internationally out of Charlotte last week. They have introduced a new airport-wide Chit system (Bananas!)

Drink vouchers for elites/biz class, etc are tracked by your boarding pass and limited to "Two per airport". I arrived in B and headed in there quickly to check out the renovations, but the voucher system "works" across the two clubs at Charlotte. The rationale (explained to me) was based on greedy guests trying to get more free drinks or to prevent transferability. So they now have a new software system that tracks you.

On the practical end of it, it's a bit of a mess. You walk up to the bar, place and order, then they ask for your boarding pass to see if you have enough credits on your ticket.
Then they walk back, hand you your boarding pass and then begin to make the drink. Ok, so it adds about 15 -30 seconds to each order, but it does slow down the order even when working well.

Two hooks: The system is already buggy. At the larger club, the system didn't read my pass so the bartender had to type in my full name to pull up my credits. The system had also crashed a few times.

For mobile boarding passes, you have to hand over your phone for the bartender to walk over to the scanner behind the bar. I can imagine some people not wanting to do that, but I can also imagine phones being dropped.

I can understand why AA wants to track the comped drinks, but the system doesn't seem to be well implemented. How many other clubs have this system?
V
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
DCA B club two weeks ago still had the chits.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by voweffekt
I flew internationally out of Charlotte last week. They have introduced a new airport-wide Chit system (Bananas!)

Drink vouchers for elites/biz class, etc are tracked by your boarding pass and limited to "Two per airport". I arrived in B and headed in there quickly to check out the renovations, but the voucher system "works" across the two clubs at Charlotte. The rationale (explained to me) was based on greedy guests trying to get more free drinks or to prevent transferability. So they now have a new software system that tracks you.

On the practical end of it, it's a bit of a mess. You walk up to the bar, place and order, then they ask for your boarding pass to see if you have enough credits on your ticket.
Then they walk back, hand you your boarding pass and then begin to make the drink. Ok, so it adds about 15 -30 seconds to each order, but it does slow down the order even when working well.

Two hooks: The system is already buggy. At the larger club, the system didn't read my pass so the bartender had to type in my full name to pull up my credits. The system had also crashed a few times.

For mobile boarding passes, you have to hand over your phone for the bartender to walk over to the scanner behind the bar. I can imagine some people not wanting to do that, but I can also imagine phones being dropped.

I can understand why AA wants to track the comped drinks, but the system doesn't seem to be well implemented. How many other clubs have this system?
V
​​​​​​You're saying international premium class pax and OW elites are limited to two premium drink chits, no more? No ability to go back to the front desk and ask for additional vouchers added to your boarding pass after you have redeemed your two chits?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by nologic
​​​​​​You're saying international premium class pax and OW elites are limited to two premium drink chits, no more? No ability to go back to the front desk and ask for additional vouchers added to your boarding pass after you have redeemed your two chits?
Sure sounds that way. That’s a poor policy given the length of many international connections. It seems that someone is very concerned about premium drink costs. First they eliminated them for CK, now this. IMHO, locations (especially hubs) without FLs should be trying to make up for that as best they can, with free premium drinks being one reasonable way.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
Yep. Two premium drinks per airport. I'm not sure but I think it's also limited to the premium passenger alone. When I had my spouse traveling with me previously we were each handed paper chits. Now it seems to be connected solely to the passenger boarding pass.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:59 pm

PHL has the system too. Not to be outdone, they staple a paper receipt to your boarding pass. Hmmm
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by voweffekt
PHL has the system too. Not to be outdone, they staple a paper receipt to your boarding pass. Hmmm
I’d like to see them try to staple that to my phone...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.