Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking Award Website Shows J Available Until Final Screen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to book an AAdvantage Award ticket from MCI to MUC on 9/19 on US metal. The AA website shows saver availability on J when I try to book it confirms that there is business availability until the last screen where it changes the long haul segment to Y but still charges the rate for J on the entire ticket. I checked on the US website and availability in J is showing there as well. I put the ticket on an AA hold and when I called reservations I was told they had no idea what was going on because the booking code U for the ticket was billed at 50k but that their computer said it was a Y ticket. Has anyone experienced this before?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:44 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by monkeywrencher
I'm trying to book an AAdvantage Award ticket from MCI to MUC on 9/19 on US metal. The AA website shows saver availability on J when I try to book it confirms that there is business availability until the last screen where it changes the long haul segment to Y but still charges the rate for J on the entire ticket. I checked on the US website and availability in J is showing there as well. I put the ticket on an AA hold and when I called reservations I was told they had no idea what was going on because the booking code U for the ticket was billed at 50k but that their computer said it was a Y ticket. Has anyone experienced this before?
I have tried to book three different tickets on the website today and nothing worked right or made any sense. Had to call each time to have them hold the reservations. Hopefully these issues are short term. As for booking US on AA.com--good luck. Talked to web services today and they can't always do it either.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
US Airways business awards changed from "I" to "U" this weekend to align with AA. I suspect the issue you are encountering is related to that.

Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sensei
US Airways business awards changed from "I" to "U" this weekend to align with AA. I suspect the issue you are encountering is related to that.
Definitely.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:28 am

I have two tickets on hold with this problem.

Has anyone called AA yet and got them to change the Y segment into Business Class ?

Was it easy ?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
Booked business class as well, AA.com shows transatlantic at econcomy and USairways.com correctly shows as business class. I'm assuming since flights are on US metal and their system shows the correct class, it's just a system feed bug between US and AA?? Both show correctly booked in "U" class.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

I have not been able to fix this yet. 747 were you able to get a resolution?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:25 pm

I have not been able to fix this yet. 747 were you able to get a resolution?
Look on US Air. It will show J class and assign seats in J class. Its a short term issue with AA with the change over as other have written.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Millionmiler, I just purchased them and they are already ticketed. Just confirmed seats in row 1 with US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.