Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA award travel can't see CX availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Hi Guys, I'm trying to using my AA miles to make a reservation of a one-way ex-AUS ticket. I've checked BA and CX website, both shows the seat is available, but when I give the AA agent a call (AU & US call center), they all can't see the availability. Is this a temporary problem or there is any other reason? Any other experience the same situation?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:46 pm

Are you feeding the AAgent specific legs and flight #s or just giving them origin (AUS) and destination? You definitely want to be doing the former.

That said, it happened to me in mid-late December that a CX F award opened up on BA.com that AAgents could not see until about 24 agonizing hours later. So these things happen. There was discussion about it over on the CX award thread, with which I suspect this thread will be merged.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by arlflyer
There was discussion about it over on the CX award thread, with which I suspect this thread will be merged.
OP posted the same questions in that thread already, verbatim.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
OP posted the same questions in that thread already, verbatim.
Since we don't allow cross posting and that one's in the proper thread, we'll close this.

JDiver
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.