Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

TPA / Tampa - St. Petersburg Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Link to TPA AA airport information.
Link to TPA airport web site.

LOCATION: Beyond security, Concourse Airside F, (directly adjacent to) Gate F-85.

HOURS: Current hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs connected to Internet and printer
  • Meals area, bar, etc.
  • Tarmac views

Print Wikipost

TPA / Tampa - St. Petersburg Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Hertz PC , Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by otj287
Wondering if there were any new data points regarding this.. Will be flying into TPA via Southwest and have a full AC membership (not through a credit card). Since I'll be in a Southwest terminal, and see two posts (1 saying get a "pass" from a gate agent to get through TSA, and another saying don't do it at all), just wondering if there were any recent updates to what works/doesn't?

I don't see why I'd need a "business reason" to use the lounge and to give advance notice but if it's in their TOS, I guess that's what is required. Just don't see how they'd classify a true business reason.. Regardless, just curious to see what others have experienced recently as I know the thread is aged.

Thx!!
I fly AA so much, that the few times I fly WN out of TPA, I've been known to get on the train to airside F (AA territory). Even when I should've been stopped, I wasn't. I believe they just scan you to make sure you have a valid boarding pass for that day. I have never ever had an issue with going into a AC when I didn't have a flight with them that day. I've even spent some time in the TPA AC when my WN flight was delayed by 3 hours.

Pro Tip: If you're lucky enough to get a late flight out of TPA, the AC does offer some spectacular sunset views.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by tampatravel
I fly AA so much, that the few times I fly WN out of TPA, I've been known to get on the train to airside F (AA territory). Even when I should've been stopped, I wasn't. I believe they just scan you to make sure you have a valid boarding pass for that day. I have never ever had an issue with going into a AC when I didn't have a flight with them that day. I've even spent some time in the TPA AC when my WN flight was delayed by 3 hours.

Pro Tip: If you're lucky enough to get a late flight out of TPA, the AC does offer some spectacular sunset views.
Thanks! I had read some older posts about people not being able to make it over (these were dated messages) but didn't know what to expect recently. As I hadn't had to change terminals for a lounge before, I figured I'd ask.

I fly mostly AA but thanks to the companion pass on WN, I try to bring my girlfriend wherever I can. But having just recently received the AC membership, I didn't know what was accepted.

I'll be down there next week, so I'll give it a shot.. worst thing that can happen is they say no and I don't get the cubed cheese blocks. We are leaving after the sunset, so I'll definitely check it out if I can get over to that terminal. Thanks for the tips!
tampatravel likes this.

Last edited by otj287; Mar 2, 2018 at 10:27 am Reason: ADDING CONTENT
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
Originally Posted by otj287
Thanks! I had read some older posts about people not being able to make it over (these were dated messages) but didn't know what to expect recently. As I hadn't had to change terminals for a lounge before, I figured I'd ask.

I fly mostly AA but thanks to the companion pass on WN, I try to bring my girlfriend wherever I can. But having just recently received the AC membership, I didn't know what was accepted.

I'll be down there next week, so I'll give it a shot.. worst thing that can happen is they say no and I don't get the cubed cheese blocks. We are leaving after the sunset, so I'll definitely check it out if I can get over to that terminal. Thanks for the tips!
We fly frequently between SEA and TPA. Most flights are on AA, but in the past we have flown once or twice per year on the AS nonstop. AS is in Terminal A and AA is in Terminal F. We have been able to access the Admirals Club in F by showing our AS boarding passes. The first time I tried I went to the AA counter to see if I needed a pass to Terminal F but was advised that this was not necessary.

We expect to fly AS less often now that we receive no AAdvantage benefits on AS.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by rvolkcpa
We fly frequently between SEA and TPA. Most flights are on AA, but in the past we have flown once or twice per year on the AS nonstop. AS is in Terminal A and AA is in Terminal F. We have been able to access the Admirals Club in F by showing our AS boarding passes. The first time I tried I went to the AA counter to see if I needed a pass to Terminal F but was advised that this was not necessary.

We expect to fly AS less often now that we receive no AAdvantage benefits on AS.
Awesome .. thanks for the info! Hoping it'll go well!
Old May 19, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone know if Ginger switched over to HMS? I'll be able to confirm on Wednesday.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by grapkoski
Anyone know if Ginger switched over to HMS? I'll be able to confirm on Wednesday.
I'm afraid I don't know -- haven't been in since Feb. As it happens, I'll be there next Wed (29).
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Digging this thread back up—has anyone recently been here in the morning? What are the breakfast offerings like? Debating if it’s worth stopping at Starbucks before, I know at outstations the offerings aren’t always as extensive
opus2002 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by andy_dangg
Digging this thread back up—has anyone recently been here in the morning? What are the breakfast offerings like? Debating if it’s worth stopping at Starbucks before, I know at outstations the offerings aren’t always as extensive
+1 I am interested in the late afternoon offerings.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:21 am

Espresso machine has been down for 2 weeks+. Was down this weekend still.

I love this airport and this lounge is ALWAYS quiet but I have never seen any food offerings beyond the lunch soup and small salad area. I haven't done breakfast here in 6 months, either.
opus2002 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.