Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA and ExpertFlyer Issues, Questions
Please keep this thread strictly related to AA and ExpertFlyer

For general questions about ExpertFlyer, please use ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread

If you are an ExpertFlyer customer or have questions about the product, you may email customercare <at> expertflyer.com, or you can mention <at>ExpertFlyer Voice, the EF representative on FT.

NOTE: This wikipost is locked
Print Wikipost

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by shd9

This is a married segment issue. There is a separate threat about this if you search. Seats are available from FCO through to MSP but not PHL to MSP. So to book a U+T combination, I recommend you to hold trip in Coach sAAver and give AA a call, they should be able to upgrade the first segment to U (you may need to try more agent here). And after the agent put together your trip you can pay online to avoid the telephone fee.

i don’t think this is a EF issue.
Ok, thanks. I’ll give your suggestion a try.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Does anyone know of a way to run an EF query for a flight that is past originally scheduled time but is delayed? Every time I am IRROP and want to check availability, seat maps etc EF doesn’t seem to be able to pull up stuff. Can only seem to check flight status.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, OneWorld - Emerald, HH - Diamond
Expertflyer showed "C" Inventory but AA said Not Available

I was checking our systemwide upgrade request for our flights from LAX-JFK-LHR (AA 4 - AA 104) tomorrow 9/21. Expertflyer showed there are 4 "C" inventory available on AA104. I called Exp desk and asked them to see if they can process our upgrade but I was told that there is no "C" inventory available on AA104. I rechecked the Expertflyer website and it still showed 4 "C" available. I called back to EXP desk but the agent still told me that there is no "C" inventory available on AA 104. The agent said, there are "C" inventory available for AA142 that departs on Saturday 9/22 but expertflyer showed 0 availability. Is Expertflyer's information correct? Do any of you have similar experience?

Last edited by Kuana168; Sep 20, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
EF can show false availability sometimes when your search results show connections. Best idea is to search segments individually / 1 at a time.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Looking at EF for 9/21, just at JFK-LHR, I see C5 for AA142 but C0 for AA104. Maybe the connection is confusing EF.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, OneWorld - Emerald, HH - Diamond
Originally Posted by asf-07
EF can show false availability sometimes when your search results show connections. Best idea is to search segments individually / 1 at a time.
Originally Posted by Catbert10
Looking at EF for 9/21, just at JFK-LHR, I see C5 for AA142 but C0 for AA104. Maybe the connection is confusing EF.
Thank you for the advise! This is a bug that Expertflyer need to fix.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yep, when looking for C space on AA you always need to search segment by segment. AA104 on 9/21 shows J6C0, as mentioned above.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Kuana168
Thank you for the advise! This is a bug that Expertflyer need to fix.
Maybe not a 'bug'.

AA104 available in C for LAX-LHR journies but not for JFK-LHR.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by serfty
Maybe not a 'bug'.

OP is flying LAX-JFK-LHR though, so if that were the case then the agent should should have been able to confirm the upgrade. There's no married segment C availability that I'm aware of, it's just a longstanding EF "quirk".
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
OP is flying LAX-JFK-LHR though, so if that were the case then the agent should should have been able to confirm the upgrade. There's no married segment C availability that I'm aware of, it's just a longstanding EF "quirk".
I was indeed referring to possible married segment logic (hence the use of LAX-LHR).

If there's been none such for C then, married segments being the problem is unlikely.

Last edited by serfty; Sep 21, 2018 at 12:22 am
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:55 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by serfty
Maybe not a 'bug'.

Not a bug at all, this is the results that AA responds with for the city pair provided. It's best to avoid married segment searching on upgrades, as we clearly state on our Help page for the Award & Upgrade search for AA (https://www.expertflyer.com/popup/he...l#airlineNotes)
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:07 am

Does anyone know why a 77W LHR - LAX would show F0 A1? I thought there is always a full fare F available for each cheaper A class.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Is it possible that AA could "upgrade Y->J using SWU without going through the motions of releasing C? I just randomly check on my reservation that's 8 days away and I was upgraded but never received a message from EF as I have an alert set for C space notification.

Also, I noticed that the SWU has not be deducted from my account as well. I'm suspecting it's just a matter of time before it will be though. I seriously doubt I was op-up this far in advance.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Not getting alerts when seats became available

Previous experiences show that alerts get generated within minutes of seats becoming available. Today I checked in the morning on PHL LHR alert for C and it was zero, then checked an hour later manually and it was C7 yet no alert. Now it’s evening and still no alert for this. Already called and got upgrade processed. Checked junk email and it’s just not there. Something is going on with alerts so do manual checks for flights. C bucket is still available.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:11 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by asnovici
Previous experiences show that alerts get generated within minutes of seats becoming available. Today I checked in the morning on PHL LHR alert for C and it was zero, then checked an hour later manually and it was C7 yet no alert. Now it’s evening and still no alert for this. Already called and got upgrade processed. Checked junk email and it’s just not there. Something is going on with alerts so do manual checks for flights. C bucket is still available.
The alerts are checked several times a day, not every minute. You should go to the View Saved Alert page and do a Quick Check of the alert which will tell you if the alert would notify you if it were run right then and/or do the Award & Upgrade search to verify what it is you think is available. Keep in mind married segment logic, only search for the same city pair that the alert is for. If you need further help please email us so we can look up your alert, we can't help you here without knowing the flight specifics and knowing who you are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.