Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Airlines: Arrivals lounge in FRA / Frankfurt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA or oneworld Arrivals Lounge at FRA / Frankfurt am Main Airport

Japan Airlines First Class and Sakura Lounges

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club membership
No use is permitted if you are not departing as stated on the same day - no arrival lounge use is otherwise permitted.

*Flight sold with AA flight number and operated by AA.
Link to FRA JL Sakura Lounge hours, amenities, etc.

Link to FRA Terminal 2 including JL Sakura Lounge location.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

American Airlines: Arrivals lounge in FRA / Frankfurt?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by tt120
Looks like no JAL lounge, as that is only for DEPARTING AA flights, so I guess that will be the one I use on the return.

Seems like Qatar's business class passengers use the air canada lounge - but since I am flying economy with them do I have access as OW Emerald?
The JAL lounge also serves as AA's arrival lounge (for J/C pax). If you short-check your bags to FRA only, make sure you inform the lounge agent that you are in the lounge and ask them to hold the bag for you (for whatever reason you need your bags in FRA). I went straight to the CX lounge after arrival and the AA bag agent retag my bag to my final destination (I needed my bag in FRA since I have a long layover) and my bags were lost for 2 days.

Qatar and LATAM departs from T1 at FRA (used mostly by *A carriers) and hence QR/LA uses the AC lounge. OWE traveling on QR Y should have access to this lounge as well. IB lounge is in the Schengen area and it's not worth spending time there (no bathrooms/showers). CX has showers and it's a decent lounge but I still think AC is the best of amongst the 3.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Looking for a little guidance on an upcoming trip where I'll transit FRA. This will be my first visit to FRA.

Flying paid J and am also OWE. AA750 PHL-FRA with an 8 hour transit at FRA, then onward QR68 FRA-DOH later that same day.

Ideally, I'd like to land, grab a shower at JAL or CX lounge, then enter Germany and do some sightseeing before coming back to FRA for my onward flight on QR. AA750 lands at T2, whereas QR68 departs T1. I know there are paid showers elsewhere, but I'd prefer to get a free shower in the lounge.

I understand that this should be possible, but the layout at FRA and the multiple layers of security is a bit confusing to me. Can someone provide instructions on how to do what I'm proposing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.