Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club "State of the Soup" & Food Issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club "State of the Soup" & Food Issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 1:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was at ORD last weekend and they had a choice of Parmesan, Kale and Sausage or Roasted Corn and Green Chile Bisque. The Sausage one was really good, so good I went back for seconds.
Old May 12, 2015, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by CMK10
I was at ORD last weekend and they had a choice of Parmesan, Kale and Sausage or Roasted Corn and Green Chile Bisque. The Sausage one was really good, so good I went back for seconds.
I love that sausage and kale soup!
Old May 12, 2015, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Comes out at 3PM. I think it should be made available during the lunch hour, however, I suspect AA would rather you pay off the menu for soup.
The problem is most clubs I cannot buy soup even at lunch now. It's like it was taken off the menu once the free offering went in place. Hopefully that's changed now as I haven't been in a club during lunch for a month or two to try and buy soup again.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
At DFW A today, there was Baja Tortilla as well as another soup on offer. It was pretty good!
Old May 13, 2015, 4:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Seems as though the soup, crackers, veggies, and crackers are now out at lunchtime in at least in some of the ACs.
Old May 15, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
At the RDU AC this week they had chicken gumbo or corn chowder. The chicken combo was fairly meh, not spicy like I wanted it to be and if there was any chicken, I never saw it. Still, an improvement over what there used to be.
Old May 15, 2015, 3:32 pm
Suspended

I was at ORD-H/K last night and saw a new soup for that club: beef chimichuri with white beans (decent but not as good as the sausage and kale)
Old May 16, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I was at ORD-H/K last night and saw a new soup for that club: beef chimichuri with white beans (decent but not as good as the sausage and kale)
Had that one on Monday in MIA D30, I liked it. I'll definitely check the sausage and Kale next time I see it.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
No soup for you, or at least less of it in the AC

Just had soup at the BOS AC and noticed the soup cups are smaller than the ones last week in the PHL club. The typical cups had some sort of light brownish design if I recall correctly, and held 2 scoops. The ones today are all white and held 1.5scoops. I'm wondering if they ran out of the other cups or if this is the new standard.
Admittedly, the soup is good so maybe we're eating too much of it and this is their way of cutting back.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Just had soup at the BOS AC and noticed the soup cups are smaller than the ones last week in the PHL club. The typical cups had some sort of light brownish design if I recall correctly, and held 2 scoops. The ones today are all white and held 1.5scoops. I'm wondering if they ran out of the other cups or if this is the new standard.
Admittedly, the soup is good so maybe we're eating too much of it and this is their way of cutting back.
I think I've seen 3 or 4 different cup types across the ACs I've been to.

You can always use coffee mugs, empty pint glasses from the bar, ziploc bags, or anything else that will hold liquid. Get creative!!!
Old May 27, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
LGA - Italian wedding soup with meatballs, and roasted corn & green chile bisque
Old May 27, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by iztok
LGA - Italian wedding soup with meatballs, and roasted corn & green chile bisque
Same in BOS today.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Anyone know what the soup hours in AC are? I was in DFW AC in Terminal D last week around 5 PM the soups were available. Chipotle Chicken soup was really good. Disappointed today ~12:30 pm that it is not available.
Apparently the previous hours were 3-7, and I'm told it's now 12-8 (or perhaps later; the AC here closes at 8:30, so they begin clearing things after 8).
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Carl
Apparently the previous hours were 3-7, and I'm told it's now 12-8 (or perhaps later; the AC here closes at 8:30, so they begin clearing things after 8).
I was at one of the MIA ACs (closes at 11:30PM) and they still had soup when I left around 8:30.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:25 pm

PHL had a chimichurri steak and white bean as well as green chili and corn yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.