FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1623794-barclaycard-aadvantage-aviator-silver-red-cards-master-thread.html)

apeortdz Feb 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 29450559)
Barclay doesn't do auto CLI, I've had mine for over 7 yrs (US Card) and all of my CLI I've had to ask for it, and yes, it is a hard pull.

My recent statement shows an unrequested CLI.

akarneboge Feb 23, 2018 7:44 pm

I've had two unrequested CLI's since I received my card about a year ago. Neither were hard pulls on my credit.

getmethere Feb 24, 2018 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 29451689)
You neither need a "code" nor the dates of your travel. That is just flight attendants trying to convince you that you are getting a special offer.

The terms you reference are the standard offer that anyone and everyone can receive. Found here:
https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards...astercard.html

Regards

Thanks. The applications handed out by the attendants directed me to myaviatorcard.com. That site asked for a promote code and the date of travel. Hence my questions.

scubadu Feb 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by getmethere (Post 29454004)
Thanks. The applications handed out by the attendants directed me to myaviatorcard.com. That site asked for a promote code and the date of travel. Hence my questions.

Yep, that information is required for the flight attendant to get their commission :) And certainly no harm in doing that if they are the one that "sold" you on the card, but also not required.

Regards

getmethere Feb 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 29454563)
Yep, that information is required for the flight attendant to get their commission :) And certainly no harm in doing that if they are the one that "sold" you on the card, but also not required.

Regards

I see. Didn't know the attendants would get commission. No wonder they offered pens to complete the applications on the flights!

bbbb Feb 26, 2018 7:49 am

Originally Posted by getmethere (Post 29451441)
How long will it take to get the miles after paying for the annual fee and making a purchase?

Should credit on the second statement if you pay the AF on the first statement and made a purchase.

SJCFlyerLG Mar 9, 2018 10:07 am

Originally Posted by bbbb (Post 29460190)
Should credit on the second statement if you pay the AF on the first statement and made a purchase.

I am on my second statement already with no credit yet - I sent a message to Barclay this morning. Hmmm....

CALlegacy Mar 9, 2018 11:19 am

Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG (Post 29504752)
I am on my second statement already with no credit yet - I sent a message to Barclay this morning. Hmmm....

When the second statement closes. You would then be on your third statement having paid the fee after your first statement closes and then waiting for the second statement to close.

Tintin May 9, 2018 5:16 pm

EQM from Barclay Aviator Silver Card - Time to Post?

How long does it take for Barclay to post EQM and EQD for Aviator Silver card in AA?

I qualified for 5000 EQM on April 20 (verified in Barclay's counter inside account site). My April billing statement closed on May 3, and all purchase based miles were posted in AA on May 4. But my 5000 EQM is still missing. According to the following blog from One Mile at a Time, his/her EQM and EQD from Aviator Card posted immediately after meeting the spending requirement.

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....dit-card-post/

What is your experience? According to online account site, it takes 6-8 weeks for Barclay to post EQM and EQD in AA. So will it be productive to call Barclay's customer service now?

Thanks,
Tintin

jcatman May 9, 2018 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tintin (Post 29736166)
How long does it take for Barclay to post EQM and EQD for Aviator Silver card in AA?

I qualified for 5000 EQM on April 20 (verified in Barclay's counter inside account site). My April billing statement closed on May 3, and all purchase based miles were posted in AA on May 4. But my 5000 EQM is still missing. According to the following blog from One Mile at a Time, his/her EQM and EQD from Aviator Card posted immediately after meeting the spending requirement.

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....dit-card-post/

What is your experience? According to online account site, it takes 6-8 weeks for Barclay to post EQM and EQD in AA. So will it be productive to call Barclay's customer service now?

Thanks,
Tintin

Don't you earn 10,000 EQM's after spending $40,000 on the Citi Aadvantage Executive World Elite card, and $3,000 EQD's after spending $25,000 on the Aviator Red or Silver World Elite cards, and another $3,000 after spending another $25,000 on the Aviator Silver?

For the Aviator Silver, I'd be surprised if the EQD's took longer than 30 days after your statement closing date.

Tintin May 10, 2018 2:44 am

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 29736927)
Don't you earn 10,000 EQM's after spending $40,000 on the Citi Aadvantage Executive World Elite card, and $3,000 EQD's after spending $25,000 on the Aviator Red or Silver World Elite cards, and another $3,000 after spending another $25,000 on the Aviator Silver?

For the Aviator Silver, I'd be surprised if the EQD's took longer than 30 days after your statement closing date.

You can earn a total of 10,000 EQM per year from credit cards. But you can earn EQM from both cards Citi Executive and Barclay Aviator Silver. For example, you can earn 6,000 EQM from Citi Executive and then a maximum of 4,000 EQM in that year from Barclay Aviator Silver. You cannot earn EQD from the Citi cards. EQD is exclusive to Barclay's (like Admirals Club membership is exclusive to Citi). That is why, it is advantageous to spend money in the Aviator Silver card. You can simultaneously earn credit towards both EQD and EQM. You can find more details in AA's Aviator Silver site below:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...mastercard.jsp

So, the question is, how long does it take for Barclay to post EQM and EQD in AA's site? Silver card holders: can you comment on this, please?

Thanks.

UPDATE: I was wrong. As many pointed out below, you can earn $10,000 EQM from each card (Citi Executive and Barclay Aviator), that is, a total of 20,000 EQM per year.

jcatman May 10, 2018 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Tintin (Post 29737339)
You can earn a total of 10,000 EQM per year from credit cards. But you can earn EQM from both cards Citi Executive and Barclay Aviator Silver. For example, you can earn 6,000 EQM from Citi Executive and then a maximum of 4,000 EQM in that year from Barclay Aviator Silver. You cannot earn EQD from the Citi cards. EQD is exclusive to Barclay's (like Admirals Club membership is exclusive to Citi). That is why, it is advantageous to spend money in the Aviator Silver card. You can simultaneously earn credit towards both EQD and EQM. You can find more details in AA's Aviator Silver site below:

So, the question is, how long does it take for Barclay to post EQM and EQD in AA's site? Silver card holders: can you comment on this, please?

Thanks.

Just reviewed my account for 2017:

The 5,000 EQM's and the 3,000 EQD's from the Barclay Silver Aviator Card posted approximately three weeks after the statement closed with dollar spend that surpassed the qualifying threshold.

By the way, you can earn 10,000 EQM's from EACH of the cards (the Silver Aviator and the Citi Executive World Elite).

fridge5 May 10, 2018 5:19 am

I qualified for $3K EQD on 4/20/18 according to my Aviator online statement. The EQD posted this morning on AA.com.

nall May 10, 2018 9:04 am

I qualified for 5k EQM two weeks ago, just posted within the last couple of hours.

FlightNurse May 10, 2018 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Tintin (Post 29737339)

Thanks.

This is not correct, you can earn 10K EQM from EACH CC for a total of 20K EOM without stepping onto a plane. I've been doing this for a few years. It's an easy way (if you have the spend) to make elite with AA.