Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Help with finding MileSAAver seats from ORD to GIG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

I am not sure when AA updates their inventory on MileSAAver seats. I am looking into a multi-city trip in March 2015.

ORD --> GIG Anytime in early march (should be 20k with MileSAAver)

EZE --> ORD Anytime mid-march (easy to find these for the 20k miles)

I have been reading that I can try other oneworld search engines? How can I search US airways or Qantas if I do not have a log in? It won't let me search award seats. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I find it hard to believe that all seats in March/April are sold out on the MileSAAver from ORD to GIG. Nothing is showing up except 50k OW.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by iliketurtles
I am not sure when AA updates their inventory on MileSAAver seats. I am looking into a multi-city trip in March 2015.

ORD --> GIG Anytime in early march (should be 20k with MileSAAver)

EZE --> ORD Anytime mid-march (easy to find these for the 20k miles)

I have been reading that I can try other oneworld search engines? How can I search US airways or Qantas if I do not have a log in? It won't let me search award seats. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I find it hard to believe that all seats in March/April are sold out on the MileSAAver from ORD to GIG. Nothing is showing up except 50k OW.
You can search using Qantas or BA search engines (you have to have an account for both, just open one as they are free). I prefer Qantas. However, I took a peek and I don't see any economy availability out of ORD, JFK, MIA, DFW to GIG in March. There are several days where ORD-JFK-GIG is available in J for 50K. Not a bad option if you have the miles. That's viewable on aa.com.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dukerau
You can search using Qantas or BA search engines (you have to have an account for both, just open one as they are free). I prefer Qantas. However, I took a peek and I don't see any economy availability out of ORD, JFK, MIA, DFW to GIG in March. There are several days where ORD-JFK-GIG is available in J for 50K. Not a bad option if you have the miles. That's viewable on aa.com.
In your experience do you think they will add seats? It is a little odd that 5 months out not 1 seat is available for the whole month correct?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"It is a little odd that 5 months out not 1 seat is available for the whole month correct?"

No, it's not odd at all, if AA expects to be able to sell those seats for cash.

AA partner TAM flies to GIG from JFK, MCO, and MIA, but aa.com cannot display TAM award-seat availability. Call AA and ask.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Since this query is specifically about AA, the post has been moved to the dedicated American Airlines forum for further feedback and discussion.

~Moderator, Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.