Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:Change to through-checking Oct 2014 (interlining) baggage on separate tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:Change to through-checking Oct 2014 (interlining) baggage on separate tickets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by scubamom
Well, I'm still confused. We have a trip to the BVI in January. I used miles for two tickets Corpus Christi to San Juan. Had to buy the segment/jump on Seabourne (flying for AA) SJU to EIS (BVI). All the flights have the same Record Locator, but different ticket numbers (SJU-EIS) has a different one.

So, will Seabourn check luggage all the way back through since it is on the same Record Locator and has an AA flight number?
I don't know about what Seaborne's policy is, but I'm also unsure about whether AA will thru-check the bag for the SJU-EIS segment since Seaborne is not a oneworld member.

Originally Posted by swm61230
Well then that has to be a new policy since mid December.
The agent at GRU was incorrect. Fortunately the policy has not changed.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:57 am

Seaborne did check our bags all the way through from EIS-SJU-DFW-CRP, but the boarding passes were on Seaborne stock. We were flying First Class on AA, but when we reached TSA lines in SJU, they wouldn't let us in the "fast line" since they said it was not on AA Boarding passes and did not indicate we were in first class seats. So we stood in long lines.

Once we arrived at the AA gate, I had the tickets rerun on AA stock for the rest of the trip. But the luggage made it home fine.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:02 pm

Through checking bags from Alaska to American?

Is it possible for me to check in for my Alaska flight and then through check my bags to my American flight connection (booked separately)?

Basically, there are 2 travelers. 1st I was able to book completely with miles, 2nd I had to pay for the first leg in cash and remainder in miles.

For the 2nd travel, the first leg (paid with cash) is Alaska Airlines and then my connection flight booked separately (paid with miles) with on American.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by wesbob
Is it possible for me to check in for my Alaska flight and then through check my bags to my American flight connection (booked separately)?

Basically, there are 2 travelers. 1st I was able to book completely with miles, 2nd I had to pay for the first leg in cash and remainder in miles.

For the 2nd travel, the first leg (paid with cash) is Alaska Airlines and then my connection flight booked separately (paid with miles) with on American.
As indicated in the first post in the existing thread (where we have merged your post):

Effective October 1, 2014, AA will no longer through check bags when the passenger presents separate tickets at the ticket counter except as noted below.

...Customers traveling on separate tickets will only be able to through check bags when the ticket is for travel on:

American Airlines and American Eagle
US Airways and US Express
oneworld partner airline

For all other carriers ticketed separately, bag will only be checked for the AA, US or oneworld partner flight. The customer will need to recheck their bags with the other carrier for the continuing travel.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by wesbob

I don't see how this is relevant to AA. AS is going to be the one deciding what you can do, since they are the first flight.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...cked-bags.aspx

Looks like "call AS and see"?
Old May 19, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
I have a single ticketed AA flight from PHX > PHL, connecting onto a seperate ticket with BA from PHL > LHR > NCL. From reading the policies, i shouldn't have any issue requested the AA folks in PHX to check my bags all the way through to NCL - correct?
Old May 20, 2016, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by chris1210
I have a single ticketed AA flight from PHX > PHL, connecting onto a seperate ticket with BA from PHL > LHR > NCL. From reading the policies, i shouldn't have any issue requested the AA folks in PHX to check my bags all the way through to NCL - correct?
No problem at all!
Old May 20, 2016, 7:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by chris1210
Originally Posted by ShortDog
No problem at all!
Just as long as your connection in PHL isn't overnight or something silly.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Perfect, thanks both

Moderator note: Due to 16 June 2016 and ensuing AA and one world changes to interline protection and baggage checking on separate PNRs, we have a new and current thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...un-2016-a.html

This thread is now archived.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 18, 2016 at 10:08 pm Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.