Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

77W, 772 & CIP 763 to NGBC changes, no F / no flat bed J - what to do? (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

77W, 772 & CIP 763 to NGBC changes, no F / no flat bed J - what to do? (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:30 am

Change flight if can

Hi
I haven't posted before but noticed our booking to Orlando in April (via Miami) on AA57 had moved from the 77W to the 777-200. As we have 7 seats in Business and I only chose the American flight to try the new business class (trip booked through BA Hols).
We seem to have had the Miami-Orlando flights be changed or cancelled a number of times already. However I just called BA and they have let me change to the BA 747 flight. I think this was only because of this internal flight changes I would imagine I would have got a no if had just booked a Miami return. So if you have any changes give it a go.
I don't think the old 777-200 American flight is worth the risk of it not changing back to the 77W - the reviews online are horrific and I guess the seats are probably 20+ years old.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:07 am

I had tried to change mine but its not possible.

It seems odd other than if it operational reasons why they would open Aa56/7 as a 77W then decide to remove the 77W and later re-instate it on the AA38/9 service.

If I had known the 77W would be on AA38/9 I would of booked that flight, I'm sure there's many other people who are annoyed with the change outside of this forum too.

There has however been a number of occasions where its been mentioned that it may be that MIA/LHR is going double daily on the 77W however at present only AA38/9 is a 77W and only until mid April when at present it changes back to 777 but this could be due to the way they load their schedules.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AA 3MM
I'm a regular on the MIA-LHR route on AA, even though I have options in getting to LHR. The reason is simple. The 77W. Whether (typically) in J, or (sometimes) in Y (MCE), the 77W is by far the best option across the pond at this stage.

Have numerous trips planned Q1, Q2 and now wondering what to do as it seems very unclear whether 56/57 or 38/39 (either/or/both?) will have the 77W ? If it means the 772, I'll be moving routes / carriers.

Any ideas how to get current information ?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by TomCayman
I'm a regular on the MIA-LHR route on AA, even though I have options in getting to LHR. The reason is simple. The 77W. Whether (typically) in J, or (sometimes) in Y (MCE), the 77W is by far the best option across the pond at this stage.

Have numerous trips planned Q1, Q2 and now wondering what to do as it seems very unclear whether 56/57 or 38/39 (either/or/both?) will have the 77W ? If it means the 772, I'll be moving routes / carriers.

Any ideas how to get current information ?
From what I can gather it looks like AA56/7 will stay on the 777-200. There just doesn't look to be the availability aircraft wise to sustain AA56/7 in my view however someone with a more in-depth knowledge of the schedule maybe able to advise otherwise.

At present AA38/9 only appears on the 77W until 15th April but this could be to do with how far out the schedule is loaded.

Either way it does seem strange that they would remove it from AA56 and reinstate it on the later AA38/9 after annoying all the people booked on AA56/7

Like I said someone with more knowledge of the 77W schedule may be able to say if they feel their is the aircraft capacity to run a double daily MIA-LHR.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:34 pm

Thanks. I'm not that familiar with where AA flies the 77W. If I am going to bypass MIA-LHR after they switch to 772, am I accurate in thinking that 77W is pretty much guaranteed on JFK-LHR ? Any other East coast destinations to LHR have the same ? (or at least similar J seats... such as CLT-LHR on US, I've heard).
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:36 pm

Looks like AA38/9 is now scheduled on the 77W past April and further into the schedule.

Always wonder why they sold AA56 as the 77W then decided to change it to AA38/9 annoying for people like me who booked 56/7 for the 77W but would of been happier flying on AA38/9 for timings.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by z.j.c
Looks like AA38/9 is now scheduled on the 77W past April and further into the schedule.

Always wonder why they sold AA56 as the 77W then decided to change it to AA38/9 annoying for people like me who booked 56/7 for the 77W but would of been happier flying on AA38/9 for timings.
Thank you. Phew. I too prefer AA38/39, far better for connections when flying LHR-MIA and also gives a longer working day (and more conducive time for sleep) when flying the other way.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by TomCayman
Thank you. Phew. I too prefer AA38/39, far better for connections when flying LHR-MIA and also gives a longer working day (and more conducive time for sleep) when flying the other way.
Sadly they won't let me change flights so means being stuck on the older 777!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by z.j.c
Sadly they won't let me change flights so means being stuck on the older 777!
Bit of an update on this.

I waited a bit to see if they changed it back, of course they didn't. I followed the advice up thread and called AA directly (I am on a BA ticket) to ask them to authorise a change onto AA38 as that has got the 77W now instead. It took a bit of back and forth (and calls to BA in the meantime) and being exceedingly nice/polite/apologetic but eventually AA put the note on and BA changed me onto the 38...woohoo, great success ^
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by Armodeen
Bit of an update on this.

I waited a bit to see if they changed it back, of course they didn't. I followed the advice up thread and called AA directly (I am on a BA ticket) to ask them to authorise a change onto AA38 as that has got the 77W now instead. It took a bit of back and forth (and calls to BA in the meantime) and being exceedingly nice/polite/apologetic but eventually AA put the note on and BA changed me onto the 38...woohoo, great success ^
Congratulations! out of curiosity, what level of elite status do you have on BA and/or AA?
Old May 8, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat
AA50 DFW-LHR missing seat map

I booked a trip in J for my wife and I DFW-LHR on 5/23. We were very excited about taking the 77W. I got burned last December when they switched me to the 772. I was hoping to avoid a repeat...

However, for the past week, I haven't been able to pull the seat map for that flight on AA.com or ExpertFlyer. ExpertFlyer shows the following message:

There was an error message from the airline when trying to retrieve this seat map: EQUIPMENT CHANGE IN PROGRESS

At first I thought that they were changing to the 772 like back in December. However, at this point it has been a week, so I don't know what to think. I spoke to an agent at the admirals club today and they said the equipment change doesn't make sense since J was nearly full.

A couple of questions:

Should I just change to the BA flight? Never flown their J cabin before.

If we are in 3 D/G and J is almost full and they downgrade to the 772, what are the chances they would put us in the 3 D/G in F? I'm platinum and my wife is gold, although I don't know if this makes any difference in this situation.

If lightning strikes twice and I'm stuck in the old business class, is there anything I can do to ensure we are seated together in the A/B or H/J pair? That would at least be tolerable. Getting stuck 3 across in the middle might be a nightmare.
Old May 8, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
I had the same thing happen to me for this weekends Aa50/51 pair. In fact the next several weekends are messed up.

This weekend pair seat map opened back up on Wednesday - 2 days ago. It now displays a 77w as originally scheduled. I am a happy camper that they didn't actually swap equipment...

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Old May 8, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
AA.com shows AA50 as 77W, but having no F cabin for sale - also won't load a seat map. Possibly could go to 77D?

EDIT: Although 5/24 AA51 which should be the return is still a 77W loading properly.
Old May 8, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by reeg2
AA.com shows AA50 as 77W, but having no F cabin for sale - also won't load a seat map. Possibly could go to 77D?

EDIT: Although 5/24 AA51 which should be the return is still a 77W loading properly.
It is strange...

Btw, Aa51 is not always the return bird for aa50. Sometimes aa51 is one of the early jfk flights - 100 or 106.

Cheers.
Old May 9, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I'm wondering how Dallas was once premium enough to have all the 77Ws but then suddenly wasn't. Did the clientele change? Last month we had an old 763!

Travelling as a couple on BA means you can sit genuinely together and still have lie-flats, if that helps. Feet aren't trapped in a cubby while in bed mode, either. Last year there were still a few 747s flying this route, if I remember correctly, and that would offer upper deck. But I just looked it up and it says 777 now.

Having said all that, I don't actually have a clear preference between the two carriers. Food is much of a muchness, wine is better on BA, service in AA J (IME only) far exceeds service in BA J. What's it worth to you for a shot at the 77W?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.