Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Slippers now discontinued in long-haul business class? (May 2014, consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)

Slippers in J were discontinued this month (according to the FAs on AA50 when I asked -- they attribute the change to lowering AA to US Airway's level). AA apparently also discontinued the duvet and the lighter blanket/sheet. I don't remember for sure if AA typically issued a second pillow but if so thst's gone too.
Old May 18, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
We had slippers pvg to ord earlier this month and the new tablet cases for amentities. Cant remember if they were cloed or open toed, but did not have to ask for them, they were in the shoe pockets of the seats when we boarded.
Old May 18, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by armus
Slippers in J were discontinued this month (according to the FAs on AA50 when I asked -- they attribute the change to lowering AA to US Airway's level). AA apparently also discontinued the duvet and the lighter blanket/sheet. I don't remember for sure if AA typically issued a second pillow but if so thst's gone too.
Well that's depressing if it's a sign of things to come (in terms of service level parity)
Old May 20, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
anyone miss the slippers?

noticed over the last month or so, the black slippers in Business class, on
international trips have disappeared. I miss them. Liked being able to use them around the plane rather than put on my shoes.
Spoke to a FA, who told me, they disappeared with no apprent reason. I am thinking maybe a cost cutting measure?
Old May 20, 2014, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did US Airways provide slippers in its business class (called "Envoy")?

If not, then another example of change because "American went bankrupt for a reason" (it wasn't run by the financial genius of Douglas Parker and Co.) that we'll understand.
Old May 20, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I like having slippers, but the AA slippers in business class were just a tad too small for my feet (which aren't unusually large).

I would end up putting on my shoes or, if I could remember, bringing the pair from the hotel.

I had trouble slipping my foot into the slippers and then my heels would also hang out the back, longer than the slipper itself
Old May 20, 2014, 10:37 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
They were always too small.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Did US Airways provide slippers in its business class (called "Envoy")?

If not, then another example of change because "American went bankrupt for a reason" (it wasn't run by the financial genius of Douglas Parker and Co.) that we'll understand.
US provided socks in Envoy. I believe Delta and United only provide slippers on flights to Asia.

Originally Posted by Spiff
They were always too small.
Agreed. I never used them as they were always way too small.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
do agree they were very small, but I seemed to mastered a way to enlarge them, all that trail and error all for nothing now..
Old May 20, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Even in F they did not have them on LHR-LAX a couple of weeks ago. Crew seemed to think it was a one-off oversight, but maybe it wasn't.
Old May 20, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Even through they are small, I use them to got to the bathroom without putting on my shoes, especially in the NGBC seats where I have to store my shoes in the overhead because there is nowhere else to out them.
Old May 20, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Even through they are small, I use them to got to the bathroom without putting on my shoes, especially in the NGBC seats where I have to store my shoes in the overhead because there is nowhere else to out them.
Please don't place your shoes in the overhead bin. No one wants their carry-on sitting next to your smelly shoes for 6-12+ hours. It's really poor taste IMO, and inconsiderate to others. On the 772 is there is a compartment for your shoes (small) but I've always managed to keep mine under the seat. Please DON"T place them in the overhead bin.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I did DFW to GRU in F last week and slippers were available on request. I don't know if it was the same in J however.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Please don't place your shoes in the overhead bin. No one wants their carry-on sitting next to your smelly shoes for 6-12+ hours. It's really poor taste IMO, and inconsiderate to others. On the 772 is there is a compartment for your shoes (small) but I've always managed to keep mine under the seat. Please DON"T place them in the overhead bin.
I do place them in a shoe bag (actually old AA and new BA amenity bags, or AA PJ bags). My shoes do not fit in the small shoe compartment (if that's what it is) and they get crushed if they remain under the seat.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Airline slippers can be enlarged by tearing the top front portions of the slipper so as to enlarge the toe opening. A couple of inches does the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.