Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The A321T three class transcontinental version of the “32B” (Airbus A321-200 with Sharklets wingtip devices) offers ten Flagship individual solo suites with fully flat beds, all with windows and aisle access. The suites are based on the Sicma Skylounge platform, similar to the Sicma Cirrus Business seats used in the 77W (777-300ER) having received shell treatments to make them instantly recognisable to international American flyers. The seat offers 75” pitch, 25” width, not measured for verification.

The front two seats are said to have roomier foot boxes, and are close to the “Cuddle Cabin” ventilated pet closets, and though they seem close to lav and galley, many do not note excessive noise due to the intervening space for exit doors. There are no “best seats” for couples; these are all solo suites separated by an aisle width at least.

Business Class offers ten pairs of B/E Aerospace Diamond Parallel seats, fully flat beds. The window seat passenger may be obstructed by the aisle passenger. Row 6 is close to lav and galley. Row 8 A and F have only one window. Row 10 is separated from Economy by the exit access ways.
Print Wikipost

Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:54 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by B747forever
Which J seat is considered the best on the A321T? Is the bulkhead row (6) good, or is it too close to the galley?
As we already have a thread discussing this topic, I'll merge yours in. I was able to find it by doing an advanced search, in thread titles only, for the term "business {a321t}" without quotes.

~Moderator
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: QF SG
Any other feedback on the 'best' F seat?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SJC AA
6 is nice because it has a shelf on top of the PTVs where you can put stuff (including trays if you need to get up during meal service). 6 also has a foot well that seems to be wider but shorter than the other rows (could be good or bad depending on the passenger). But yes, it's near the lav and possibly chatty FAs. 6C is also sort of in the aisle (which is off-center in the galley/lav area) and is likely to get bumped at various times.

If you want a window view unobstructed by wing, choose row 6 or 7.
That "shelf" is exactly where the crews put the snack baskets during the day flights, and where passengers were reaching over the aisle pax to get their snacks. In fact, on my eastbound flight, I was surprised how many chanchos got up immediately to hoard the bounty.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Perhaps UA ps flyers can help. My preferred seat on ps is 1F. I'm tucked away from the galley but still upfront. On the old ps configuration 6D was my jam.

On the A321T I've flown in 5 (or 4)A and 10F. Next week I would like to try 6F as it may be similar to 1F on ps. I wonder though if the lav door is right across from 6D/F similar to row 7 on the UA 739. According to seatguru it looks like the AA seats are set further back, but I'm not sure how close they are.

I don't mind floor vibration or galley noise. I do mind odors from the lav. Any insight appreciated.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
On the A321T I've flown in 5 (or 4)A and 10F. Next week I would like to try 6F as it may be similar to 1F on ps. I wonder though if the lav door is right across from 6D/F similar to row 7 on the UA 739. According to seatguru it looks like the AA seats are set further back, but I'm not sure how close they are.

I don't mind floor vibration or galley noise. I do mind odors from the lav. Any insight appreciated.
The lav is fairly close (in front of all the row 6 seats), but I've flown row 6 on most of my A321T flights and never noticed any odors. Of the seats in row 6, 6F is farthest from the lav.

I found this photo online showing the setup:
http://1v7mh43xejam2hi9m11cptux.wpen...2/IMG_0403.jpg
valerioa likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by SJC AA
The lav is fairly close (in front of all the row 6 seats), but I've flown row 6 on most of my A321T flights and never noticed any odors. Of the seats in row 6, 6F is farthest from the lav.

I found this photo online showing the setup:
http://1v7mh43xejam2hi9m11cptux.wpen...2/IMG_0403.jpg
Excellent, thank you.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I flew in seat 4A on this route last week and slept like a baby. I think I will always try to sit in either 3A or 4A going forward.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
AA A321T J best seats?

Hello

Apologies if there is an existing thread for this, but I have done a quick search and cannot find it, or what I am looking for.

I am flying JFK/LAX on the 5.30pm flight and need to book seats in business. Currently assigned 10a on both legs. Will be flying in from LHR so would like something quieter and would prefer a window seat, although travelling solo. Given the time differences, will be landing in LAX about 4am UK time so would be great if I could catch some sleep. Returning on the redeye.

What would be your seat recommendations?

Also, flying on to LAS straight after. Again in business. What would be your recommendations for this? I believe it is a 738.

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by madfish
Apologies if there is an existing thread for this, but I have done a quick search and cannot find it, or what I am looking for.

I am flying JFK/LAX on the 5.30pm flight and need to book seats in business. Currently assigned 10a on both legs. Will be flying in from LHR so would like something quieter and would prefer a window seat, although travelling solo. Given the time differences, will be landing in LAX about 4am UK time so would be great if I could catch some sleep. Returning on the redeye.

Indeed there is a thread on this topic. It can be found by doing an advanced search, in thread titles only, for "A321T" without the quotes. This is part of the thread title you chose, so I'm not sure how it didn't come up, but I'll merge this in.

~Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 31, 2016 at 6:17 pm Reason: Adjust
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold

Also, flying on to LAS straight after. Again in business. What would be your recommendations for this? I believe it is a 738.

Thanks
On the A321T, 10A and 10F will probably be the quietest: farthest from the lav and the galley (and associated commotion).

On the 738, as the British would say, the seats are "much of a muchness".
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I recently sat in 9F which was perfectly fine minus the wing blocking my view of the ground. Row 10 would be a little close to Y for me.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I have a distinct seat preference for daytime and overnight flights on this bird.

Daytime - You'll definitely find me in row 6 (A or F) for a number of reasons
1) Unobstructed views out of the window (no wing, minimal engine)
2) Easy access to the lav (I feel like it's less gymnastics to navigate past the aisle seat in this row for some reason)
3) larger footrest
4) Easy access to the snack basket

Red eye - I prefer row 10 (again A or F)
1) I'm sensitive to traffic in the aisles when trying to sleep, and this row sees very little traffic
2) Far from the galley and lav, but also contrary to opinion stated in this thread, not that close to economy. Keep in mind there is a closet and an exit row between the back bulkhead of biz and the first row of econ. It's about 7 feet of space that provides enough distance.
3) It's dark out so there's really nothing to see out the windows that would be obstructed by the wing
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Perhaps UA ps flyers can help. My preferred seat on ps is 1F. I'm tucked away from the galley but still upfront. On the old ps configuration 6D was my jam.

Flew in 6F. It was fine although the FAs were a little chatty. I didn't think about the light from the lav door, and of course the foot traffic was heavy. Once I put on the eyemask and Bose it wasn't a problem. I'm on the fence about selecting this seat again.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thank you. Have opted for 6a on JFK-LAS followed by 10a on the return.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Thank you. Have opted for 6a on JFK-LAS followed by 10a on the return.
the 321T doesn't fly to Las Vegas. Assume you meant LAX ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.