Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Main Cabin Extra to be extended to US aircraft [in long run]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Main Cabin Extra to be extended to US aircraft [in long run]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by shttrdrvr
What they do is anyone's guess and is going to require a buttload of cash to phase it in.

<snip>

No matter what they do it will be a while till they execute it all. Hell, the pmUS/HP FA just started cross fleeting about 6 months ago. But aircraft are still flying and they are making money, so here we go for the long run.
Full cabin improvement projects take a lot of time and cost a lot of money. Taking a row of seats out of an airplane actually doesn't cost much at all, and DL have shown us it can be done very quickly (and even pmAA with the 738s, 752s and Mad Dogs). So I get why the pmUS A319s will take a while, but this excuse of time and money are specious for planes that just need a row removed. It seems convenient to say that AA management think pmUS A320s and 757s need "updating", but they've announced no CIP for them, and we're more than 18 months in with no announcement about MCE on them either. We simply don't know enough about this delay to write it off to complexity and money.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
As opposed to UA being able to say E+ is fleetwide on its mainline jets.
Again, proper E+ is fitted to most of the United mainline fleet, but not all... and they've been merged much longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.