Wiki Posts
Search

Both AA and USAirways sites offline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
Both AA and USAirways sites offline

Well that's interesting. 10:30PM MST - both sites are offline.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
+1 Just repeatedly tried AA site and am getting unavailable message.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Wow, sounds like the merger is well under way!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

USAirways site is back on line, American is still offline.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
To improve your experience, aa.com is performing system maintenance until 5:00 a.m. CST Saturday January 25th which will impact your ability to log in, access AAdvantage account information, book AAdvantage award travel and Admirals Club enrollment. If you need assistance, you may Contact American. We appreciate your patience.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by BarryAZ
USAirways site is back on line, American is still offline.
To improve your experience, aa.com is performing system maintenance until 5:00 a.m. CST Saturday January 25th which will impact your ability to log in, access AAdvantage account information, book AAdvantage award travel and Admirals Club enrollment. If you need assistance, you may Contact American. We appreciate your patience.
Hmm. Short outage on the US side, and a long one on the AA side, affecting only AAdvantage and related items. I would speculate that it's some sort of a one-way migration of data from US to AA -- it's just enough time to take a snapshot or checkpoint at the source, but a longer time to import records at the destination.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
What happened? Did they mistakenly make a couple of business class seats to europe available at the milesaver level and then have to shut down the whole system to prevent anyone from actually being able to book them?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
There was a failed integration event on the US side tonight a few hours before the sites went offline.

A lot of US preferred members received an e-mail message from US about our upgrades for future flights not being "offered" (different from "not available") and our US Express/Republic flights were mistakenly branded as "American Airlines Express" in the e-mail notification.

I called into the Preferred Desk and the rep said that IT was trying to integrate a feature that would allow automatic upgrades between frequent flier programs. She said the effort failed and incorrect upgrade notices went out. She said there were lots of calls and knew what I was talking about before I even finished my first sentence. (Check the US Automatic Upgrade Thread in the US sub-forum)

Edit - Here is a URL to show what the incorrect messages looked like:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3666/1...e9bebc96_z.jpg

Last edited by jaxbill; Jan 25, 2014 at 12:37 am
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
What happened? Did they mistakenly make a couple of business class seats to europe available at the milesaver level and then have to shut down the whole system to prevent anyone from actually being able to book them?
They must also be aware of their wide open DFW-HKG award space...
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:11 am

AA.com still down for me. Anyone else?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Looks like that 5AM back on line promise was 'airport time' -- it is now noon CST -- no access to the American Airlines site. Pretty big failure here.

I'd note the USAirways site still does not include AA flights.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:14 am

More importantly, I didn't get my upgrades at T-100! I knew Parker had it in for me. He's doing this on purpose.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:25 am

While trying to call the AA Plat line, I now get stuck at the sounds of the computer clicking to process something. Can't get past that. So it seems their IT dept really botched it.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by jaxbill
There was a failed integration event on the US side tonight a few hours before the sites went offline.

A lot of US preferred members received an e-mail message from US about our upgrades for future flights not being "offered" (different from "not available") and our US Express/Republic flights were mistakenly branded as "American Airlines Express" in the e-mail notification.

I called into the Preferred Desk and the rep said that IT was trying to integrate a feature that would allow automatic upgrades between frequent flier programs. She said the effort failed and incorrect upgrade notices went out. She said there were lots of calls and knew what I was talking about before I even finished my first sentence. (Check the US Automatic Upgrade Thread in the US sub-forum)

Edit - Here is a URL to show what the incorrect messages looked like:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3666/1...e9bebc96_z.jpg
Man, it's a long way from here to Phoenix - that's a short trip! We usually do the BOS-PHX direct instead of originating in PWM and connecting.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:31 pm

AA.com is back up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.