FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Long call wait / delay / hold times for AA phone lines (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1541619-long-call-wait-delay-hold-times-aa-phone-lines-master-thread.html)

donotblink Jun 5, 2021 6:22 pm

Current wait for the exp desk is between one hour and one hour fifteen minutes.

Pearly44 Jun 8, 2021 4:46 pm

Currently on hold for 4:43 and counting

nachosdelux Jun 9, 2021 4:05 pm

called yesterday (june 8) at 4:30 pm EST to apply a credit to a held reservation (got an error message online). Was told callback in 4+ hours. turned my phone off at 9:30pm. voicemail said they called back at 10:30pm.

called today (june 9) at 3:00pm and wait time was 7 minutes. big improvement!

physicsdude Jun 9, 2021 6:47 pm

I thought I would start flying again this summer and called to do a status challenge. Called at 9 am EST and was left on hold until 2:12 pm EST when I got hung up on about a month ago.

meechyathere Jun 10, 2021 10:15 am

Called EXP line 1.5 hours into an mx delay Saturday. Was quoted the 4 hour wait. Got a call 1.5 hours later. Has happened numerous other times when trying to change tickets/apply credits etc. Also happened when waiting for my Hawaii flight where the GA upgraded me to PE and not F. Callbacks on average have come in between one and three hours later.

Have had good luck reaching them directly late at night.

jmsnyc Jun 11, 2021 9:19 pm

Called , selected call back in 7 to 10 minutes, called back while I was still on the line but had me wait. What is the point of callback if they are going to call you back and put you in queue again, smh

Fortunately I got someone before my hold expired and was able to book my ticket - for some reason, since my canceled flight was part of a round trip I wasnt able to do it online

simonsuo Jun 12, 2021 11:44 am

called last Thursday mid day, no status with AA, 4+ hour wait, got called back around 6 hours later. Their recent Tweet feed is full of angry passengers because of this. I thought DL is the worst, until I call AA.

jmsnyc Jun 12, 2021 11:49 am

Originally Posted by simonsuo (Post 33323398)
called last Thursday mid day, no status with AA, 4+ hour wait, got called back around 6 hours later. Their recent Tweet feed is full of angry passengers because of this. I thought DL is the worst, until I call AA.

DL is frustrating the hell out of me. I bought a GC and learned that I can't use it for 72 hours , and I am guessing my flight goes up in that time to offset the entire value of the giftcard - there First Class was crap. AA on the short route I am flying is better if you get the right aircraft but I need to fly Delta one way for some other credit reasons

Kacee Jun 12, 2021 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by simonsuo (Post 33323398)
I thought DL is the worst

DL is the worst.

bakster21 Jun 12, 2021 7:36 pm

8 hour wait, call back at 2:30am - outrageous

TEDisgone Jun 14, 2021 7:14 pm

I asked for a callback yesterday at 4pm Pacific but did not get a call at all. I called again this morning at 10:00 and it is now just after 6pm and no call. This weekend's schedule changes really must have broken the system. I might try an international number because I see my alternatives evaporating.

Kacee Jun 14, 2021 7:21 pm

I received a call back in the promised window of 15-18 minutes today.

A far cry from my weekend experience with DL this weekend, where I waited over 9 hours for a chat agent with no success.

DutchRyan Jun 14, 2021 9:24 pm

AA cancels flight for my family vacation. Sends email asking me to call in to rebook. I do. Placed in cue for 8.5 hours waiting for call back. Call comes at 10:45pm, waking us from sleep. I pick up and am placed back into a hold pattern for 39 minutes and counting...

Amil Jun 14, 2021 10:03 pm

2 hour waitt time for PP but somehow I got the same person 3 times in a row after a call back on different days. how is that possible? even she was confused.

jmsnyc Jun 14, 2021 11:02 pm

DL is worse. 5 hour wait time estimated without the call back option