Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Account Number - AAdvantage Format

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

New Account Number - AAdvantage Format

I got two new accounts today for my wife and son. My wife got a standard account number, 11 numbers starting with 401. My son on the other hand got what appears to be a AAdvantage formatted account number, 7 characters a mixture of numbers and letters.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
The account number that I have, which I have had since 1990 and got from the previous "US Air", is 7 digits, a combination of numbers and letters. My husband, who got his just a few years ago, also has the same format. So, this is nothing new, nor related to AA I don't think.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Pretty sure it's a Sabre reservations system number. I'm surprised to see them issuing new ones, unless perhaps they're reusing old, deactivated ones. Interesting.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat
When I started flying America West, I had a long numeric number. After the merger with US Airways, my FF number changed to a combination on numbers and letters. However, my US Airways mastercard still shows my old HP number.....still...after all these years.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...n-letters.html
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Mine is all numbers. My wife's is numbers and letters. Both 4+ years old.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I have 7-numeric, 7-mixed, and 11-numeric in the family. All work perfectly well.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Standard form for AAdvantage Account #?

I recently joined AAdvantage and received a number which appears ambiguous. The last two characters are either OO or 00---it looks lone way on the confirmation I received on the webpage, and the other on my confirmation email. Is there a standard form for the account numbers? That is, are the last two characters numbers or digits? Or does it vary?

I cannot call them and ask as the call center is closed.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:51 pm

Don't have a final answer, but as a data point, my AA# is two numbers, three chars, and two numbers (e.g. 00AAA00). So if I took mine as a "reference" yours would be 00.

You can easily copy whatever is in your email and type an "o" and a "0" next to it. That should tell you exactly what the digits are supposed to be without having to call AA.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Carlos Lopes
Don't have a final answer, but as a data point, my AA# is two numbers, three chars, and two numbers (e.g. 00AAA00). So if I took mine as a "reference" yours would be 00.

You can easily copy whatever is in your email and type an "o" and a "0" next to it. That should tell you exactly what the digits are supposed to be without having to call AA.
I know that AA uses the numeral "0" in AAdvantage numbers; does it also use the letter "O"? I would hope not, because of the possibility of confusion.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Way more detail on this than you could possibly care about in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
My format is two numbers one letter two numbers one letter one number (e.g., 00A00A0) so o0 cannot certainly be excluded.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
It is 7 characters. The first 5 are a mix of letters and numbers. The last two are the problem. In the webpage confirmation they look much rounder, like OO, and the email confirmation looks more like zeros(00). Whatever they are,mthey are the same.

But it sounds like there is no standard format, so I will have to wait until tomorrow and call. I want to transfer in some Starwood points and need to get it right.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enzian
It is 7 characters. The first 5 are a mix of letters and numbers. The last two are the problem. In the webpage confirmation they look much rounder, like OO, and the email confirmation looks more like zeros(00). Whatever they are,mthey are the same.

But it sounds like there is no standard format, so I will have to wait until tomorrow and call. I want to transfer in some Starwood points and need to get it right.
Copy and paste?

Also, the last character is always a number (an even number at that), so the last digit is zero. If the last two digits are identical, they are both zeroes. But if you want to be absolutely certain, just copy and paste it into the Starwood form.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I don't believe AAdvantage numbers contain the letter I or O, but I have seen the numbers 1 and 0.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.