Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2013-15 77W / 777-300ER First award seat disruptions and downgrades (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013-15 77W / 777-300ER First award seat disruptions and downgrades (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Herb687
I don't get why you feel somewhat better NOW. We've all been trying to tell you for HOURS exactly how this will play out: they'll solicit volunteers and do absolutely everything possible to get you in F on the flight you originally booked.

Point of reference for those interested: my voucher offer was $1000 when I VDB'ed off of DFW-LHR in paid C.

the call from AA was the first time I heard any attempt from anyone to say they were doing anything, every single person passed the buck, so at least to have someone aware of it was nice.

and if your voucher was 1000 in C, then F should be higher I expect.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Maybe $500 and your miles reinstated? (but I'd probably cave and be happy with the $500). Especially since I would not want to miss the Milan connection and cancel my whole vacation
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
$500 total for the BOTH of you? As in $250 each? And they won't give you the difference between an F award and a J reward as a refund or bonus?

Efff That.

I've seen AA offer up $400 for taking a later flight from DFW to CVG.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA
Overbooking is a convenient excuse. They cannot oversell 25% F-seats over capacity for this route, this aircraft.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris_2003sf
Overbooking is a convenient excuse. They cannot oversell 25% F-seats over capacity for this route, this aircraft.
but it appears they did

Are FAMs considered to be booked passengers on the flight?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Are FAMs considered to be booked passengers on the flight?
AA didn't overbook F. Looks like a FAM or FAMs dropped in.

FAMs are must-ride, and airlines have no power to do anything about it. Their reservation reps call the airline and they're magically confirmed passengers in whatever class of service they request.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FWAAA
AA didn't overbook F. Looks like a FAM or FAMs dropped in.

FAMs are must-ride, and airlines have no power to do anything about it. Their reservation reps call the airline and they're magically confirmed passengers in whatever class of service they request.
the agent at the airport told me they overbooked by 2, I asked specifically did you sell 10 seats? the answer was yes
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:53 pm

But if they truly oversold then why not bump Last In - First Out!

If it's truly a FAM situation you are sol, but again, was it $500 pp or $250 each they were offering?

And what would have been the cost differential if you paid F over J? I'm thinking WAY more than even $500 pp!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
But if they truly oversold then why not bump Last In - First Out!

If it's truly a FAM situation you are sol, but again, was it $500 pp or $250 each they were offering?

And what would have been the cost differential if you paid F over J? I'm thinking WAY more than even $500 pp!
paid F was 12k, paid j was 6-7k when I was looking.

I believe it was 500 total.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:58 pm

I'm sorry, but that deal sucks.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm sorry, but that deal sucks.
Agreed. I would expect the $ comp should be higher and DO NOT FORGET, if you take a J seat instead, not only should they comp $ but you should get back the mileage difference between F & J (and if you're lucky, they'll give you difference between AAnytime F & SAAver J)
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by inlanikai
Speculation: ..... They'll probably offer you some seats in J and a couple of vouchers, maybe $500 a piece.

Good luck!
Originally Posted by guy999
so AA called me right now and told me that they were overbooked on tomorrow's flight and asked if I would take a voucher to downgrade. I wonder if they saw this on flyertalk or from twitter.
Originally Posted by guy999
The voucher was 500 dollars, i think that was for the both of us, and I assumed we were getting business.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Sorry I was right. Good luck.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Hyperbole helps no one in this situation.
Apparently you are flying a different UA than I.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

DFW-LHR available in F with connection in either MIA or ORD on 6/25.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
It could be.

It's interesting that AA's web site doesn't say what happens if SFPD info is not entered 72 hours prior to scheduled departure.

When I originally read the OP, I wondered if there was a deadline when passport info needed to entered. Kudos to you for finding and posting this info. Also nice first post and welcome to FT!

Were you actually successful in entering your passport info?
I'm not sure this is it. Although the flight was far short of being oversold, I entered my son's passport info 48 hours before his GRU-JFK flight this past weekend. He had no issue checking in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.