Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirborneLocksmith
All about the Boeing 777-323ER Business and First Class cabins and seats

Link to the Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra seating thread.
Link to the Boeing 777 Seating Guide thread for the latest seat maps

All 8 First and 52 Business seats recline to horizontally flat, have full aisle access and are isolated from other seats; they offer folding flat screen AVOD with touchscreen monitor that offers on-demand entertainment with up to 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games, 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi is offered for sale. B&O noise cancelling headphones are available for use in flight (generally picked up an hour prior to arrival), and both cabins feature a walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments.

First Class seating
Eight First Class Flagship suites by Safran (nee Zodiac Aerospace), though they are not as spacious a seat as the original 772 F suite, offer 82” / 208 cm of pitch and 36” width in a herringbone 1-2-1 configuration; they become a fully horizontal 6’ 8” bed with retractable arm rests extending the width; turndown service provides a mattress pad, pillow, duvet, amenity kit and pajamas. Seats swivel, diners in D-G First suites can dine face to face with privacy screen lowered. Each suite has two folding tables.
  • A and D, and G and J are not aligned / are slightly offset (contrary to Seatguru and other seat charts).
  • D and G pairs have a high privacy screen that can be raised / lowered.
  • Note that 1D and G have no bins, so bin contention does occur
Link to Ben Schlappig aka Lucky / The Boarding Area review of AA 77W F seat
Link to Rocky Horan's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex [Link does not work]
Link to Steve Case's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex

There are a large folding flat 17" touch screen AVOD, two 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input (red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack (see here). The seat controls are in an iPhone like touch controller.

Business class seats
All 52 business class seats offer aisle access and convert to fully horizontal flat beds and feature 75” pitch, 26” wide (at its widest point, so less in actuality) fully horizontal seats in a 1-2-1 "pod" configuration offer full AVOD through large flat folding screens and a Panasonic eX2 IFE system, retractable aisle arm rests. The seats move forward and aft to adjust distance fro service table, etc. The headset jack is behind a small stowage door at shoulder height that holds the B&O noise reducing headsets, personal light and air vent, 110 VAC and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic export jack link), touch seat controls, AVOD corded hand controller. Some storage, including shoe stowage, is available. The center seat pairs do not provide close seating for couples.

Link to JPA Design Zodiac Aerospace Cirrus Business Class seat page.
  • 3A-J people like privacy, only single window
  • 4A-4J too noisy (galley and lav close) for some
  • rows 3 and 4 have reports of being somewhat ignored by J cabin crew
  • Row 5 has only single window, close to galley and lavs / noisy
  • Row 7 one window, 7A overhead stowage taken by O2 equipment
  • Row 11 has no windows
  • Row 12 is at the wing root; 13-15 downward views impaired by the wing
  • Row 15 is positioned directly in front of the Economy lavs
Link to The Points Guy 77W J seat and services review by Sarah Silbert and photos by Zach Honig.

Center Business seat (c/o The Points Guy) link to review

Service caveats: some crew variability, and some crews excessively noisy in the galleys. Applies in F, J including J minicabin.
  • The seat selection sites (seatguru, seatexpert) are often mostly correct, and are not 100% reliable in any case (seatguru has 77W seat chart corrected errors).
  • Link to The Points Guy Business a Class and seat review with photos and video
  • Link to (amateurish) Youtube video of 77W seats in mockup
Print Wikipost

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just did JFK-EZE-JFK on the 77W in 4J and 3J respectively.....4J had a little too much noise from the galley behind but has two windows....3J is my favorite seat for overnight flights.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Just did JFK-EZE-JFK on the 77W in 4J and 3J respectively.....4J had a little too much noise from the galley behind but has two windows....3J is my favorite seat for overnight flights.
I agree that 3J is a wonderful seat and my favorite on this plane.
dciolli likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Have not two options avail label HKG-DFW: 3J or 12A. Mini cabin sounds appealing but would rather not listen to noise the entire flight. On the other hand 12A seems awfully far back. Any thoughts?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:33 am
Suspended

3J for me. # is better than 4 and with headphones on noise is no prob (unlike the crashing in galley you get in row 4. Also you can look out of the windows as you are ahead of the wing.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I would take 3J. Have now flown the 77W several times and haven’t had the noise issue, especially with my Bose.
george 3 and dciolli like this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
great seat choice. Better news that 77W is now flying this route.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
For those who love 3J in the mini-cabin, does the same apply to 3A for solo traveler? Is there any difference?

I'm flying MIA-LHR and 3J is taken so I've picked 3A...
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by geo1005
For those who love 3J in the mini-cabin, does the same apply to 3A for solo traveler? Is there any difference?

Great seat.. enjoy..
geo1005 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Qucik Q re businss class 7J or 9J; which seat would be preferrable?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Qucik Q re businss class 7J or 9J; which seat would be preferrable?
Pretty equivalent, I prefer 7J just because it's two rows up. I'm not a mini-cabin fan, I like the openness of the second section.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the quick reply, beachfan! 7J it is.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Thanks for the quick reply, beachfan! 7J it is.

Isn't there a misaligned window for that seat. Two weeks ago I was seated in 6G after moving my seat up a row from 7G. Turns out I struck up a conversation with 7J and he commented that he wishes he has changed to 7G as he basiscally had no direct view out the plane.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by geo1005

I've observed more passengers in the First-class cabin walking back to use the larger toilet at the rear of the mini-cabin......that's on the J side, not the A side.
geo1005 likes this.

Last edited by jcatman; Feb 10, 2018 at 7:21 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Isn't there a misaligned window for that seat. Two weeks ago I was seated in 6G after moving my seat up a row from 7G. Turns out I struck up a conversation with 7J and he commented that he wishes he has changed to 7G as he basiscally had no direct view out the plane.
No, the window is fine in the seats we are talking about.

There is no window for 11J.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Was the proximity to the toilet behind 4J a problem with noise and smell? Got this seat on a day flight, so galley noise for me is not a huge problem but was wondering if the toilet might be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.