Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirborneLocksmith
All about the Boeing 777-323ER Business and First Class cabins and seats

Link to the Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra seating thread.
Link to the Boeing 777 Seating Guide thread for the latest seat maps

All 8 First and 52 Business seats recline to horizontally flat, have full aisle access and are isolated from other seats; they offer folding flat screen AVOD with touchscreen monitor that offers on-demand entertainment with up to 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games, 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi is offered for sale. B&O noise cancelling headphones are available for use in flight (generally picked up an hour prior to arrival), and both cabins feature a walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments.

First Class seating
Eight First Class Flagship suites by Safran (nee Zodiac Aerospace), though they are not as spacious a seat as the original 772 F suite, offer 82” / 208 cm of pitch and 36” width in a herringbone 1-2-1 configuration; they become a fully horizontal 6’ 8” bed with retractable arm rests extending the width; turndown service provides a mattress pad, pillow, duvet, amenity kit and pajamas. Seats swivel, diners in D-G First suites can dine face to face with privacy screen lowered. Each suite has two folding tables.
  • A and D, and G and J are not aligned / are slightly offset (contrary to Seatguru and other seat charts).
  • D and G pairs have a high privacy screen that can be raised / lowered.
  • Note that 1D and G have no bins, so bin contention does occur
Link to Ben Schlappig aka Lucky / The Boarding Area review of AA 77W F seat
Link to Rocky Horan's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex [Link does not work]
Link to Steve Case's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex

There are a large folding flat 17" touch screen AVOD, two 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input (red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack (see here). The seat controls are in an iPhone like touch controller.

Business class seats
All 52 business class seats offer aisle access and convert to fully horizontal flat beds and feature 75” pitch, 26” wide (at its widest point, so less in actuality) fully horizontal seats in a 1-2-1 "pod" configuration offer full AVOD through large flat folding screens and a Panasonic eX2 IFE system, retractable aisle arm rests. The seats move forward and aft to adjust distance fro service table, etc. The headset jack is behind a small stowage door at shoulder height that holds the B&O noise reducing headsets, personal light and air vent, 110 VAC and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic export jack link), touch seat controls, AVOD corded hand controller. Some storage, including shoe stowage, is available. The center seat pairs do not provide close seating for couples.

Link to JPA Design Zodiac Aerospace Cirrus Business Class seat page.
  • 3A-J people like privacy, only single window
  • 4A-4J too noisy (galley and lav close) for some
  • rows 3 and 4 have reports of being somewhat ignored by J cabin crew
  • Row 5 has only single window, close to galley and lavs / noisy
  • Row 7 one window, 7A overhead stowage taken by O2 equipment
  • Row 11 has no windows
  • Row 12 is at the wing root; 13-15 downward views impaired by the wing
  • Row 15 is positioned directly in front of the Economy lavs
Link to The Points Guy 77W J seat and services review by Sarah Silbert and photos by Zach Honig.

Center Business seat (c/o The Points Guy) link to review

Service caveats: some crew variability, and some crews excessively noisy in the galleys. Applies in F, J including J minicabin.
  • The seat selection sites (seatguru, seatexpert) are often mostly correct, and are not 100% reliable in any case (seatguru has 77W seat chart corrected errors).
  • Link to The Points Guy Business a Class and seat review with photos and video
  • Link to (amateurish) Youtube video of 77W seats in mockup
Print Wikipost

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:06 am

Hi all,

Flying SYD-LAX in September with Mum. Currently we are sitting in 3D&G in the mini cabin as we thought this would be more enjoyable (not having people walking past constantly ect) Can anyone share some info on these seats, its Mums first time flying business and i don't want her to have horrible experience not being able to sleep etc.

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:19 am

Had those on the same route, pretty good, would recommend.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:18 am

777 - Row 3 DG , will we feel claustrophobic?

I've read the pros and cons to AA 777 J class mini-suite (rows 3 and 4) . We will be flying on day time flight from LAX to MIA. Both row 3 and 4 middle seats are available. Before I chose row 3 D & G, I'm curious about the type of divider between First and Biz ? I normally don't like the bulk head seat but I've never flown on 777. Is it going to be claustrophobic if I choose row 3 ? Thank you.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Whether you're going to find business class seats in a 19 food-wide cabin to be "claustrophobic" is really something that none of us here is fit to answer.

If there is a risk that you'll find them claustrophobic, then select other seats.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plt, Hyatt Plt
Welcome to FT.

I prefer the mini-cabin and when traveling solo try to get 3J or 3A. It's very private and very little aisle traffic. There is a solid divider between FC and row 3 so if you prefer an open space then pick in the main J cabin.

There is a specific thread on Best "77W" / Boeing 777-323ER Business and First Class / F & J seats (consolidated) here
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Welcome from me too! You will not be feeling claustrophobic, but very cozy indeed. And your flight will be at worst more peaceful than in the large cabin, and at best, with a good crew, your service will be more personal. And because of the design of the seats, they are essentially all bulkhead anyway.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by jack94
Hi all,

Flying SYD-LAX in September with Mum. Currently we are sitting in 3D&G in the mini cabin as we thought this would be more enjoyable (not having people walking past constantly ect) Can anyone share some info on these seats, its Mums first time flying business and i don't want her to have horrible experience not being able to sleep etc.

Thanks
None of the seats in biz on this plane would create a 'horrible experience'.

Some people like row 3 but some feel they do not get good service. Others like mid main cabin for a mix of good service, low traffic.

All seats are good. You are only deciding optimum for you.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by Marcie Mills Matassa
I've read the pros and cons to AA 777 J class mini-suite (rows 3 and 4) . We will be flying on day time flight from LAX to MIA. Both row 3 and 4 middle seats are available. Before I chose row 3 D & G, I'm curious about the type of divider between First and Biz ? I normally don't like the bulk head seat but I've never flown on 777. Is it going to be claustrophobic if I choose row 3 ? Thank you.
There is no 'bulkhead' per se at row 3. The J seats of row 3 tuck right behind the last row of first (row 2) in the same herringbone pattern. There is a thin curtain between 2 and 3.

I prefer 3A or B when alone..or 3DG with SO. But only when I am not already in F. (Where it is 'anything in row 2')
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, EXP, Hilton Diamond
Row 3 all the way..

The husband and I always travel in Row 3 when we can and find it perfect. The comments about service are spot on: The chances are evenly split on whether you'll get excellent, personalized service or spotty "not there when you need them / there too soon" service. In terms of claustrophobic: I would say no - you feel more private and removed from both F and the second cabin of J. The galley will only be noticeable if you have FA's that fit the "spotty service", from my experience. When flying solo...I still always aim for 3A first.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plt, Hyatt Plt
Originally Posted by jack94
Hi all,

Thanks
Welcome to Ft!

I would recommend the mini-cabin and it's my first choice for seat selection. You will have no problem sleeping in row 3. Others have reported that they do not receive the same level of service with the main J cabin but I haven't noticed a difference. Besides, you can just ring the call button if you need anything.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
3J is my favorite, I'm 6'3" and the larger ottoman is the difference between needing to bend my legs slightly and being able to lay totally flat, plus it gives me a place to put my shoes. That more than makes up for row 3 only having one window on each side instead of 2. On my last flight they ran out of Woodford by row 4... I was part of the problem.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:10 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
3J is my favorite
Agree - amazing seat. Flew JFK-LHR yesterday and 3J made the experience amazing. Plus great F/A's.

But... the area next to the window was really dirty - full of stains.

And... the F/A's announced they are EWR-based. Is it correct? Why EWR F/A's (I was not even aware there is a F/A base there) operate a JFK flight? No complains here, just curious...
Old May 20, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by POAflyer
Yea, I know what you're talking about. I found that in rows 8 thru 10 it's definitely quieter, but I personally would still go for the mini-cabin, especially if you're traveling alone and don't plan on having conversations. I also always take my own earplugs, so the noise only really bothered me when boarding was going on, since after that I normally have headphones or earplugs on.
Flying AA 100 to LHR and mini cabin is full. Middle seats on rows 8-13 are all open and window seats 11-13 on both sides.

Thoughts on which is best for solo traveler?
Old May 20, 2016, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by anandrag
Flying AA 100 to LHR and mini cabin is full. Middle seats on rows 8-13 are all open and window seats 11-13 on both sides.

Thoughts on which is best for solo traveler?
I Would go 12 window. Window seats are slightly longer, 11 only has one window and 13 is over wing.

I would keep checking the seatmap twice a day from 30 days out. Many Concierge, Exec Plat and VIP's like the mini cabin and as upgrades to First are processed seats normally pop up in mini cabin. The more you like it the more frequently I would check, you can do it really fast on web and make your own seat change. It is even worth registering at gate as it is often the case that non status pax or OPUP's can be done after boarding. If you explain you really have a preference and any reason, if one comes up they will move you. Otherwise it will go to coach upgrade on wait list or standby pax.
Old May 22, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
flying with kids in J on 777-300ER

Hi FT peeps!

we're going biz on the 777W flight la to mia. right now we have 6g 6j and 7g, 7j. figure the two middles puts the kid so far away so we were gonna have adult in 6g and kid in window 6j and same with row 7. does that make sense or should i switch to four middles. i just figure i was closer just across the isle.

in advance... THANKS!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.