FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1382309-lax-los-angeles-intl-airport-t-4-t-5-admirals-clubs-master-thread.html)

Reetmafreen May 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 28363782)
Had 1.5-hour layover at LAX, about 7:30am-9:00am. Heard about the AC in T4 being crowded, so trekked over to the United Club in T7. Grazed on fresh fruit, greek yogurt, lemon poppyseed bread and granola. Accompanied by Mionetto Prosecco, which is complimentary inside United Clubs but will set you back $14 PER GLASS at the AC.

Hah! I was in the United Club about 12 hrs or so after you. Nice to see that you left some of the Prosecco ;) My wife and I availed ourselves of a complimentary glass or two whilst waiting on our redeye to IAH.

jcatman May 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen (Post 28375629)
Hah! I was in the United Club about 12 hrs or so after you. Nice to see that you left some of the Prosecco ;) My wife and I availed ourselves of a complimentary glass or two whilst waiting on our redeye to IAH.

Then you got to enjoy the better stemware used in the United Club. :p

JonNYC Jun 2, 2017 4:41 am

Update

teemuflyer Jun 2, 2017 6:15 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 28392059)

Thanks for the update JonNYC..

dw Jun 2, 2017 7:56 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 28392059)

That's great news re the T5 lounge-- thanks for the update!

JonNYC Jun 2, 2017 8:01 am

Very welcome. Also, look for the flagship lounge to occupy a surprisingly high % of the space-- like around half.

eponymous_coward Jun 2, 2017 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 28392680)
Very welcome. Also, look for the flagship lounge to occupy a surprisingly high % of the space-- like around half.

That's just the T4 space, right? 50/50 split between AC and FL? Or is there a FL in T5?

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 28281797)
I expect that there will be; however, I doubt that it will be anywhere nearly as large as the present Delta Sky Club or even what's left of the AC in T4.

Guess that (fortunately) didn't pan out and AA is going to use the entire SC space as an AC... I suspect that with a reasonably large T5 AC things will be OK even if a lot of the T4 AC is lopped off to make the new FL.

JonNYC Jun 2, 2017 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 28394448)
That's just the T4 space, right? 50/50 split between AC and FL? Or is there a FL in T5?

Guess that (fortunayely) didn't pan out and AA is going to use the entire SC space as an AC... I suspect that with a reasonably large T5 AC things will be OK even if a lot of the T4 AC is lopped off to make the new FL.

Yes, 50/50 applies to T4 complex, and as well, yes, glad that they are using the entire skyclub space-- there was a lot of negotiation and back and forth on the whole thing.

TWA884 Jun 2, 2017 4:15 pm

I was there again late Tuesday evening. Based upon my personal observations and discussions with staff members, I estimate that, when finished, the T4 split will end up being more like 2/1 FL/AC.

Guess that (fortunayely) didn't pan out and AA is going to use the entire SC space as an AC... I suspect that with a reasonably large T5 AC things will be OK even if a lot of the T4 AC is lopped off to make the new FL.

I'm glad I was wrong on that point.

As an aside, I was recently at the MEX Admirals Club. It is considerably larger than the space that's currently being used for the AC at LAX.

Teckelspass Jun 2, 2017 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 28394560)
Yes, 50/50 applies to T4 complex, and as well, yes, glad that they are using the entire skyclub space-- there was a lot of negotiation and back and forth on the whole thing.

Will there still be decent shower access for the T4 regular AC when done? That's the main thing I care about before a long transpacific.

JonNYC Jun 4, 2017 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 28394943)
I was there again late Tuesday evening. Based upon my personal observations and discussions with staff members, I estimate that, when finished, the T4 split will end up being more like 2/1 FL/AC.

I'm glad I was wrong on that point.

As an aside, I was recently at the MEX Admirals Club. It is considerably larger than the space that's currently being used for the AC at LAX.

With the VERY important caveat that you've observed it and I haven't; I don't think you are correct about it being 2:1 FL:AC ratio space-wise. Could easily be more than the 50/50 I mentioned, but I guess we'll see.

TonySCV Jun 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Any updates? Still progressing, albeit slowly? I'm scheduled to fly Int'l F this weekend - I take it I should still make the trek to the Qantas lounge?

JonNYC Jun 24, 2017 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 28482856)
Any updates? Still progressing, albeit slowly? I'm scheduled to fly Int'l F this weekend - I take it I should still make the trek to the Qantas lounge?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28392059-post108.html

SFO777 Jun 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Absolutely, head for the Qantas Lounge. I was at the FL two weeks ago and it's still a dump. October is optimistic considering the current condition. AAngel told my that she didn't expect renovations to be completed until early 2018.

brewdog11 Jun 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Undoubtedly head to the Qantas Lounge. Even if the FL were finished, the offerings would still not compare.

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 28482905)
Absolutely, head for the Qantas Lounge. I was at the FL two weeks ago and it's still a dump. October is optimistic considering the current condition. AAngel told my that she didn't expect renovations to be completed until early 2018.

Was in the FL/"IFCL" (:rolleyes:) this week, and the AAngel admonished that the deadlines are "uncertain at best." The Flagship Check-In AAgent flat-out said, "go to the Qantas Lounge in Tom Bradley, it is much better."

What a dreadful little space this place is. I guess the only benefits are that you're in a quieter space removed from the frantic Admirals Club and that you're close to competent agents if travel problems occur. I've also seen cleaner mobile toilets in New Orleans during Mardi Gras--the restrooms are not well-kept in the evening, for sure.