FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1382309-lax-los-angeles-intl-airport-t-4-t-5-admirals-clubs-master-thread.html)

brodielayne Sep 9, 2016 12:42 am

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 27186533)
It is still the same physical building; the gates have just been renumbered to be "T6 gates" rather than "T4 gates". The point was to encourage LAX-originating passengers to check in and clear security in T6 rather than T4, thus relieving some congestion at check in and security in the latter.

That was what I recalled. Thank you for the confirmation.

FFMilesJunkie Sep 9, 2016 4:29 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg (Post 27186411)
Your friend wouldn't qualify based on class of service for the regular AC, anyway.

Unless they have a membership.

He has an AC membership. Also has priority pass so he may try the KAL lounge in TBIT.

frudd38 Oct 31, 2016 2:56 pm

How angelic are the agents at this club with irrops or sdfc?

Teckelspass Dec 7, 2016 6:52 pm

Showers at Admirals Club LAX T4 operational?

In light of the renovations going on, are the showers still operational? Thanks for any DPs.

DaveInSFV Dec 7, 2016 10:07 pm

Showers are in operation in regular lounge so yes, you are OK. Flagship is set up as a small part of the regular lounge.

squall1 Dec 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Flying through here later today from NRT. Really hope the showers are still operational. I see that they were on the 7th.

golfingboy Dec 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by squall1 (Post 27631582)
Flying through here later today from NRT. Really hope the showers are still operational. I see that they were on the 7th.

They are - one tip if you have Flagship lounge access, they hold back a few stalls (2 or 3) for Flagship lounge customers and the agents at the Flagship entrance has the keys. No need to request from the AC desk, can just go straight to the Flagship lounge right next to the showers and pick up a key.

CMK10 Feb 1, 2017 7:54 pm

I'm sure I'll be glad for the renovations but for now, what a mess. I flew through LAX twice in the last week and I was at the club once from 9-10 PM and once from 7 to 8:30 AM and both times it was nearly impossible to find a seat. Also, trying to find a seat with a working outlet was even worse. The club also looks really messy and the food is all spread out and not replaced quickly. Getting to the bar takes some serious maneuvering around people too.

On the plus side, I was able to get a shower within 5 minutes of asking for one at 7 AM on Monday so there was that. And the shower rooms are still pretty decent.

matrixwalker2012 Apr 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Ok, so I went to the AC and saw the newly renovated section (where the old FL was) and I've got to ask, what is taking so long with the renovation? What are they actually doing? It really just looked like the old FL space with new furniture. Why couldn't they have just swapped out some furniture and been done with it? The old AC/FL looked just fine to me, it was the furniture that looked like it was from 20 years ago. Couldn't AA have just swapped out some furniture?

teemuflyer Apr 11, 2017 8:07 am

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012 (Post 28159036)
Ok, so I went to the AC and saw the newly renovated section (where the old FL was) and I've got to ask, what is taking so long with the renovation? What are they actually doing? It really just looked like the old FL space with new furniture. Why couldn't they have just swapped out some furniture and been done with it? The old AC/FL looked just fine to me, it was the furniture that looked like it was from 20 years ago. Couldn't AA have just swapped out some furniture?

I suspect they added a bunch of new power outlets and this required all new wiring which comes with permits, inspections and the like which = time..

TWA884 May 5, 2017 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012 (Post 28159036)

I was there earlier this week at around 8:00 - 9:00 AM.

The entry door is now behind a construction wall and the old exit doors are being used to access (and exit) the club. The check in counters are (temporarily?) upstairs. There was only one working elevator and the stairs were walled off.

Upstairs, the entire area that faces TBIT/west was closed for renovations. I was told that when it reopens, it will be part of the Flagship Lounge, not the AC. The only area that currently can be used by AC members is the T5/east facing former FL area. It is small and was extremely crowded while I was there.

When I asked one of the angels, I was told that the former TV room, at the very south end of the club - past where the bar was located - will have additional AC seating when the renovations are completed. The rest of the second floor, including where the business center was located and the the east facing room on the north side of the club - past where the AC showers were located - will be used for the Flagship Lounge.

:td:

rasheed May 7, 2017 5:22 pm

I think it may have been posted in another thread, but a CC freestyle machine has been added next to the new bar. I think it is funny how many variations of the freestyle machine are out there. This one has the ice on the left separately and does log shaped ice cubes. This one also doesn't have the sparkling flavored drinks option and didn't accept my bar code scan to have the mix show up on the screen, so you have to do it manually. I think they programmed it to be a disabled circle although all of the normal doses are loaded.

The guacamole in this current construction phase is now at the end of the bar.

Very small space as others have said. It appears to be worse than what I saw in March.

Rasheed

dkc192 May 7, 2017 5:43 pm

I was in the new AC/old FL space this morning and agree that the space looks small. That said, when it's all said and done, that space will be for AC members and Citi Executive cardholders only--all class of service- and status-based pax will be eligible for the new FL--so I think the space/crowding issues will be resolved once all renovations are complete and new lounge policies are in place.

More concerning, however, was the shower I "took" this morning. I was the first shower user and got *no* hot water whatsoever, even after letting the water run for 10-15 mins. When I brought it up at the front desk, the AAngels mentioned that it was a somewhat frequently recurring problem and encouraged me to write to/tweet at AA. I will do that, but it is frustrating and disappointing that we're seeing these major hardware issues with such a new lounge/space.

TWA884 May 7, 2017 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 28281177)
That said, when it's all said and done, that space will be for AC members and Citi Executive cardholders only--all class of service- and status-based pax will be eligible for the new FL--so I think the space/crowding issues will be resolved once all renovations are complete and new lounge policies are in place.

The area that is currently used for the FL is already larger than what's currently available for AC members. I doubt that the overcrowding situation will be ameliorated when the renovations are over.

eponymous_coward May 7, 2017 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 28281235)
The area that is currently used for the FL is already larger than what's currently available for AC members. I doubt that the overcrowding situation will be ameliorated when the renovations are over.

There's going to be an AC in T5 as well though, right?