Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Int'l. Airport Gates D15 and D30 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
D15 Admirals Club
Hours: daily 05:30am to 10:30pm

Facilities:
  • Complimentary food and drinks
  • Full service bar
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Showers

D15 Admirals Club
Hours: daily 05:30am to 11:00pm

Facilities:
  • Complimentary food and drinks
  • Full service bar
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Showers
  • Eight person conference room

Access requirements
Refer to the Admirals Club Access page on AA.com

Flagship Lounge
Please refer to the sister thread for information and discussion

Resources:
Link to the Lounge information page on AA.com

Link to the Miami airport information page on AA.com

Link to the AA forum MIA Airport Guide thread

Link to the official Miami Airport home page

Wiki update log
7 Jan 2023 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
yes!

i am so excited for other AMEX lounges coming online soon and i hope it really shows AA what they can do with the clubs at hubs at least!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The choice was either send an AMEX Centurion lounge thread to the Florida Forum or modify this thread to relate directly to AA flyers. Title modified, wiki created. Sorry for any inconvenience; thanks for the updates.

/Moderator

Old May 6, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Lounge announced, opening "late 2014."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americ...172400907.html
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: American Airlines - EXP (5 mm), Hyatt Diamond, MLife Noir, SPG Plat, Hertz President Circle
I was in the Centurion Club in LAS they told me the one in Miami was going to be in "E" the inter-america club that BA and IB were using. D12, that will be nice the D17 AA club is a joke.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone have an update on completion of the MIA Centurion Club? Obviously 2014 is long over but still no club.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:39 pm

according to thecenturionlounge.com, it is to open early 2015. but we're entering 2Q2015. i hope it will be open when i travel through MIA in mid june 2015.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:30 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
In mid March the Miami Herald reported early summer.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Has anyone noticed the differences in AA.com on class of service lounge access?

In their FAQ it says:

Q:I am traveling in the First Class cabin. Do I get complimentary access to the Admirals Club lounge?
A: Yes and no. Customers in First# or Business Class traveling to or from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America and Mexico City only, have lounge access. All other international* destinations are excluded from the benefit of lounge access. Passengers eligible for access must provide their government-issued ID and a First or Business Class ticket or boarding pass valid for departure on the same-day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day. Stopovers are not permitted.

OK, same old rules.

On the lounge access page http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...jsp#exceptions

They have a 5 hour rule I haven't seen before:

First and Business Class customers
If you’re departing on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld carrier that is five hours or longer, or connecting to one on the same day or before 6 a.m. the following day, you may enjoy access to: (etc.... with the usual Caribbean, Mexico etc.)

I used the D lounge a few days ago YYZ MGA via MIA and I always use the E lounge on the way back since it has food and I am in Business class.

Nobody at D said anything and I used to access E using either PLT on international or Business international and easy admit, but this 5 hour thing sure won't work for Central America and parts of South America.

Which rules are the rules?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
MIA AC Staff-We are losing members

Coming into the D15 AC today overheard an AC staff member responding to a customer complaint about something. AC staff member said that management was aware the two lounges needed to be upgraded and expanded because AA has been losing AC members to the new Centurion Lounge that just opened at D12. I did notice that the complimentary food offerings are a bit expanded-cut fruit for breakfast and humus for lunch.

Might we finally see a 3rd AC or a reopening of the FL lounge?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Not shocking.....those MIA clubs are my least favorite. If it weren't for the flight assistance and AAngels I would not bother renewing my membership next month.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This morning early, I went directly from immigration and customs (and security) to the Centurion Lounge near D-12, as opposed to the Club by D-15 (our ongoing departure gate was D-10). Juice, fruits, breads and pastries, quiche, eggs, and so much more. Either Club at MIA, not so appealing - Club at D-15, ! No surprise they're losing some members; Parker needs to step up the game here.

The people mover belts in the gates to USCBP processing were inoperative, we were detained in a long queue prior to baggage re-check and TSA screening, pre-check was closed, the SkyTrain was inoperative; I'd have chosen other than Miami if I'd not saved a bunch of money by routing through there back from LIM, but the Centurion Club at least offered a nice respite.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 21, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Current status of D15 club?

Website says The MIA D15 club is being renovated. Amenities and seating are limited. For full amenities, visit our other club located near D30." How bad is it. We are out of D3 tomorrow early morning.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by remedy
Website says The MIA D15 club is being renovated. Amenities and seating are limited. For full amenities, visit our other club located near D30." How bad is it. We are out of D3 tomorrow early morning.
The seating area inside the club that was near the windows is all walled off. Also the business area has been closed down. They have opened the outside part now all hours but the only outlets are still near the wall. I was there last Saturday AM and not crowded by can't speak to other times, I have been going to D30.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
I think the outside part is going to be fully merged into the lounge.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver

Changed our gate to D26, so we are in the D30 lounge. Nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.