Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Drinks /Spirits Offerings & Policies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The current thread for the Admirals Club Food and Beverage discussion is

Admirals Club Food & Beverage master thread - 2016
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Drinks /Spirits Offerings & Policies

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Yes, you're also entitled to drink chits although you might need to ask. I'm not sure what time your connection departs, but the BA lounge in PHL opens at 3pm and is much nicer than any of the AC offerings.

-FlyerBeek
Thanks, flight departs at 3.45pm so not really time to use the ba lounge.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Amazing to me how variable the drink coupon policies are.

A few weeks ago on an international itinerary, I was told by one AC agent at the outbound airport that "there's no limit to the coupons you can get," handed four coupons, and told to come back if I needed more.

Fast forward to the return airport, where I was given one additional coupon with an attitude that made me feel like I was stealing a free drink. I guess the number of drink chits you get is always YMMV.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
MIA Jan 28

Mushroom and Brie. Seriously excellent and quite popular.

EDIT: serving dishes were empty when I went back to take a photo. Other soup was Asian Chicken Noodle.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 24left; Feb 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:58 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I do like that Mushroom Brie, though it's quite rich.

I had the seafood bisque recently. Good seafood flavor, but definitely tasted like it was 60-70% cream.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I've had 3 different Chicken Noodle soups over the past month (listed in my order of preference):
1. The Asian Chicken Noodle soup (DFW D and A)
2. A 'homemade' type with thick noodles (DFW C)
3. A more generic type with squiggly noodles and carrots (DCA - both clubs)
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:37 pm

Is it the old USAirway style?

Originally Posted by JY1024
I do like that Mushroom Brie, though it's quite rich.

I had the seafood bisque recently. Good seafood flavor, but definitely tasted like it was 60-70% cream.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Back to the pumpkin soup and roasted red pepper bisque at LGA right now, boo Also, anyone noticed at least at LGA they are using new wine glasses? They're stemless and resemble the ones on-board.....don't think I see the flight symbol etched logo on them though.

Edited to add that the wine glasses do have the etched logo like on-board.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Feb 8, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Back to the pumpkin soup and roasted red pepper bisque at LGA right now, boo Also, anyone noticed at least at LGA they are using new wine glasses? They're stemless and resemble the ones on-board.....don't think I see the flight symbol etched logo on them though.
I saw those at EWR recently - but with the etched logo. I actually quite like them. And in all events, a huge improvement over the super small glasses I've seen at DCA and CLT.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by JY1024
I do like that Mushroom Brie, though it's quite rich.....
The Mushroom Brie at AC LAX was great (imho). It had excellent taste, and was not overpowered by cream.

If you found it rich, I wonder if it is made from a standard mix to which some cream-type liquid is added, which turns it into more of a Cream of Mushroom etc.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 24left
The Mushroom Brie at AC LAX was great (imho). It had excellent taste, and was not overpowered by cream.

If you found it rich, I wonder if it is made from a standard mix to which some cream-type liquid is added, which turns it into more of a Cream of Mushroom etc.
I, too, enjoyed it, but only noticed it at the Eagle AC. No soup found in the main terminal AC.

In other news the Alaska Board Room at LAX has AMAZING clam chowder!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I, too, enjoyed it, but only noticed it at the Eagle AC. No soup found in the main terminal AC.

In other news the Alaska Board Room at LAX has AMAZING clam chowder!
Food offerings at the LAX AC are kind of spread out - the soup is sometimes in one of the back rooms at the south end of the club.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I can't figure out what is the most disgusting at the MIA ACs. Either the bagels that look like Lisa Douglas from Green Acres baked or the oatmeal that looks and taste like the gruel from an Oliver Twist story.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I can't figure out what is the most disgusting at the MIA ACs. Either the bagels that look like Lisa Douglas from Green Acres baked or the oatmeal that looks and taste like the gruel from an Oliver Twist story.
Huh? I think the oatmeal tastes like oatmeal. I additionally think that it's pretty awesome that they have self-scoop chopped pecans (probably the highest-value item in the AC at about $10/lb), brown sugar, and craisins to mix in. Top with milk, butter, and/or cream and it's darn good.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Mushroom Brie and Seafood Bisque at RDU yesterday.

On another note, I tried the citrus fruit salad at ORD this morning and found it to be absolutely vile.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by CMK10
Mushroom Brie and Seafood Bisque at RDU yesterday.

On another note, I tried the citrus fruit salad at ORD this morning and found it to be absolutely vile.
At least there are grapes in it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.