Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Viability of Purchasing TATL Premium Economy Codeshare on AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador

Hello friends of the AA board. I usually hang out at the Air Canada and United boards. But to save a buck, well, allegiance has a price and can always be bought.

I found a Premium Economy fare on aa.com YOW-PHL-LHR-AGP and then AGP-MAD-PHL-YOW. It's a good fare. Any other day other than the one we want to fly, the outbound TATL segment is on an AA330 through MAD like the inbound. This particular day, however, it's on a British Airways 747 through LHR. It's apparently P class according to aa.com (not sure if that's the BA fare class though).

Anyways my spidey sense is telling me that the AA TATL segments will of course be in Premium Economy as advertised but somehow I am concerned that won't be the case about the BA TATL segment despite what AA.com says.

Do do I ignore my spidey sense? Thanks from your Air Canada friend.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:49 am

BA also has premium economy. They call it WT+.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Salisbury5
Hello friends of the AA board. I usually hang out at the Air Canada and United boards. But to save a buck, well, allegiance has a price and can always be bought.

I found a Premium Economy fare on aa.com YOW-PHL-LHR-AGP and then AGP-MAD-PHL-YOW. It's a good fare. Any other day other than the one we want to fly, the outbound TATL segment is on an AA330 through MAD like the inbound. This particular day, however, it's on a British Airways 747 through LHR. It's apparently P class according to aa.com (not sure if that's the BA fare class though).

Anyways my spidey sense is telling me that the AA TATL segments will of course be in Premium Economy as advertised but somehow I am concerned that won't be the case about the BA TATL segment despite what AA.com says.

Do do I ignore my spidey sense? Thanks from your Air Canada friend.
While you’re looking at the fares, click / press to see the detailed fare rules for each segment. Most likely, but please verify, you’ll be in World Traveller Plus, BA Premium Economy.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Let’s bootstrap this thread to make it a bit more welcoming and friendly. Helpful feedback is always good; unfriendly or implications never.

Thank you,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.