Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is the best Admirals Club lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
^ While I am still relatively new to AA and haven't really been to many ACs yet, LGA and BOS are on top of my list so far. Both have solid shower rooms and the decor is very nice with great views of the airport grounds to boot.

DFW D AC is nice - I really liked the shower in the A lounge though - however it can get crowded there.

The MIA ones have to be one of the worst in the system. It is always a mess there.

I will be checking out the SNA AC next week.
LAX also has a nice AC, and so does JFK. I do like the NRT and DFW D ones, though, as others have mentioned.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
I've spent the most amount of time in DFW C lounge, LGA and JFK. JFK lounge closest to the gates is nice with its large window and view of the tarmac/gates. LAX was very pleasant on my last trip thanks to a great children's play room with lots of toys for my 2 year old.

That said, as an LGA/DFW flyer, the Centurion Lounges blow everything out of the water and provide exactly what AC's are missing...the real food options and complimentary top-shelf beverages. I've basically stopped visiting AC's in these two airports unless I'm so crunched for time that I need to be right by the gate. Fingers crossed AC's will be forced to step up their games! Only reason I'm keeping the Citi Executive card now on top of the Amex Plat is for the EQM's.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LAX has too many seats with no access to power outlets.....that's my biggest gripe and the fruit flies.

LGA is a great lounge with great views.

My new favorite is actually ORD-G for the updated design, awesome bartenders, plenty of charging areas and compact size.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:12 pm
In memoriam

Here's s a shout-out for the AC at the LAX satellite terminal. Passed through on the 2nd, and after a very warm greeting got to enjoy a spacious environment, essentially brand new. Cappuccino machine, soft drink dispenser, soup, fresh tray of veges/dip and cheese, lots of pretzels, cookies, etc. Nice little bar area. Don't have to look at my watch anymore (to leave "regular" LAX AC).
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
^ While I am still relatively new to AA and haven't really been to many ACs yet, LGA and BOS are on top of my list so far. Both have solid shower rooms and the decor is very nice with great views of the airport grounds to boot.

DFW D AC is nice - I really liked the shower in the A lounge though - however it can get crowded there.

The MIA ones have to be one of the worst in the system. It is always a mess there.

I will be checking out the SNA AC next week.
I've been to the CLT, ATL, TPA, and MIA lounges. Out of all of those, MIA has the biggest and most interesting lounge. Sadly, it feels dark and the layout is a mess.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I recently visited DFW A & D lounges. D has spectacular views, but I loved atmosphere in A.

PHL terminal A had a great lounge too!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by trapped
I recently visited DFW A & D lounges. D has spectacular views, but I loved atmosphere in A.

PHL terminal A had a great lounge too!
The DFW A lounge is very quiet usually, but a bit dark... D is usually very crowded.

My faves are SFO T2 and FL @LAX.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bbmatt
AA at least lets you ORDER food so you dont have to sneak it in like united club.
You also have the option just to carry in your own food in plain sight, no need to "sneak" it in..
Old May 12, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Anyone else here think that the AA ORD H/K AC (besides being a stellar club) has some of the best Bloody Marys ever?
Old May 12, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I'm glad people appreciate the LGA lounge's views. The window seats there are my favorite.

The ORD H/K Angels have helped me with irregular operations many times.

The DFW D lounge does get crowded in the late afternoons, but I like it anyway; if you actually need to get work done, A and C are both better.

The Centurion Lounge cult is, in my view, absurd -- but that's another topic. The Centurion DFW's food is ok, though, and the Chianti is actually pretty good. LGA? Not so much.
Old May 12, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
I'm glad people appreciate the LGA lounge's views. The window seats there are my favorite.

The ORD H/K Angels have helped me with irregular operations many times.

The DFW D lounge does get crowded in the late afternoons, but I like it anyway; if you actually need to get work done, A and C are both better.

The Centurion Lounge cult is, in my view, absurd -- but that's another topic. The Centurion DFW's food is ok, though, and the Chianti is actually pretty good. LGA? Not so much.
With all the IRROPs I've (and many other travellers have) fallen victim to, the AAngels are seasoned professionals.

I love the "going to Europe" mood of the D AC in the late afternoons/evenings. One of my favorite things to do is sit and watch the aircraft movement while enjoying a drink waiting and waiting for my TATL flight.
MIAFlyer likes this.
Old May 12, 2015, 11:30 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by italdesign
Now that I've visited a few ACs, I'll throw in my 2c. ORD (H/K), DFW (the one with awesome shower), and LAX would be on par with international business class lounges had they more food. (I don't drink so can't comment on alcohol). The LAX AC is the best lounge there outside TBIT (better than DL and UA for sure). SFO has the most friendly staff but is small and no shower. Overall I'm impressed by the quality of ACs at USA hubs (compared to domestic competition), and my only complaint is the lack of food.
Uh, SFO in Terminal 2 is significantly larger than the old SFO Club, certainly does have showers, as listed here and observed by me. I suspect you're recalling the old split Club with Business Center across the corridor in Terminal 3E (60 gates); I have to question whether your knowledge about SFO Admirals Club is current.

I'd put the SFO Club (new interim Club in Terminal 2 since 2011) toward the top of the list. Spacious, airy, workspaces, more than nut mix and pretzel sticks, coffees machine, showers, knowledgeable and friendly staff (longtime folks here, with one or two from the closed SJC Club too, iirc.)
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
#1:LAX T4. Jimmy and Freddie are my favorite bartenders by far. I am glad I have taken the time to get to know them over the years.
#2 ORD H/K 5. I am not on a first name basis with the bartenders, but they are fast and courteous.
#3 PHL east. Spacious and I can find a quiet spot usually.
INT:
#1 LHR T3 and arrivals. I once tipped the shower attendant US$20 just because I was happy and refreshed. And she was standing right outside when I exited.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by madmanshoney
#1:LAX T4. Jimmy and Freddie are my favorite bartenders by far. I am glad I have taken the time to get to know them over the years.
#2 ORD H/K 5. I am not on a first name basis with the bartenders, but they are fast and courteous.
#3 PHL east. Spacious and I can find a quiet spot usually.
INT:
#1 LHR T3 and arrivals. I once tipped the shower attendant US$20 just because I was happy and refreshed. And she was standing right outside when I exited.
A little bit of a nitpick, but the Arrivals Lounge at LHR is definitely not an AC .
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Whichever one has the shortest walk to the nearest Centurion Lounge.

My favorite used to be DFW A. That one was sadly ruined when it was renovated.
jhalapin and MIAFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.