Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GSO / Greensboro Piedmont Admirals Club (closing 15 Oct 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

GSO / Greensboro Piedmont Triad International Airport Gate 45 Admirals Club
Greensboro / High Point / Winston-Salem, NC

Link to GSO information on aa.com.

Link to GSO web site

Location: The Greensboro Piedmont Triad International Airport Admirals Club is in "US Airways Concourse across from gate 45.." (aa.com) Recently renamed from US Airways Club to Admirals Club.

Hours: Please see here aa.com for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

GSO / Greensboro Piedmont Triad International Airport Gate 45 Admirals Club
Greensboro / High Point / Winston-Salem, NC

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 30, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
US Air Club at GSO

I have meetings next week that will likely end early, so I may have time to kill before my flight from GSO. Although I am flying Delta, I plan to use the USAir club in GSO. I'm happy that Amex platinums can use USAir clubs even when flying other airlines. Can anyone provide an update regarding services offered at this location? It has been awhile since I last visited a USAir lounge. Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
I would start on the US Air website, not the membership rewards forum
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Or post in the US Airways forum.@:-)
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Moving to Dividend Miles section where there is a greater concentration of US flyers who have visited this lounge:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...tions.html#Gre
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:04 am

Unfortunately, since Delta moved its gates at GSO several years ago, DL and US are on different sides of the airport, with Delta in the North Concourse and US Airways (and the Club) in the South Concourse. There is no airside connection between the two concourses, so I'm not sure you would be able to get to the Club with a Delta boarding pass.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by Armani
I have meetings next week that will likely end early, so I may have time to kill before my flight from GSO. Although I am flying Delta, I plan to use the USAir club in GSO. I'm happy that Amex platinums can use USAir clubs even when flying other airlines. Can anyone provide an update regarding services offered at this location? It has been awhile since I last visited a USAir lounge. Thanks.
If this is accurate, seems pretty basic....

http://loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Greens...S_Airways_Club
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
I'd certainly try my hand at going through the South security checkpoint (with my DL BP) and tell them politely, "I have some time to spare, I'm trying to go to the USAir lounge". Or, try to get a gate pass from the US counter.

HTSC
Originally Posted by Jones3
Unfortunately, since Delta moved its gates at GSO several years ago, DL and US are on different sides of the airport, with Delta in the North Concourse and US Airways (and the Club) in the South Concourse. There is no airside connection between the two concourses, so I'm not sure you would be able to get to the Club with a Delta boarding pass.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by HereAndThereSC
I'd certainly try my hand at going through the South security checkpoint (with my DL BP) and tell them politely, "I have some time to spare, I'm trying to go to the USAir lounge". Or, try to get a gate pass from the US counter.

HTSC
Indeed. And as quiet as GSO is these days (sadly), it's not as if getting through either security checkpoint should take much time ...
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: US Chairman, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5S, Starwood Gold
I fly out of Greensboro on US frequently, so should you make it through the challenges to actually gain access to the club. I can tell you a bit about it:

1. Small club, but not usually over crowded.
2. There is the normal bar area with a couple of small tables along with the bar itself.
3. Their are two separate club areas, both with comfortable chairs and flat panel TVs
4. There is an area along a hallway that has 4-5 work areas with office chairs and desk space to do laptop work, etc.
5. There is a conference room, if needed.
6. The staff there is WONDERFUL in my experience. Barbara and Debbie, in particular seem like family to me after all these years.

Hope that helps. If you have other specific questions. post away.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by HereAndThereSC

HTSC
I agree it is worth a try if I have the extra time as expected. I will report on my experience after my trip next Tuesday. Thanks.

I thought there would be more Amex platinum card members who have tried this already, since USAir is the only airline with a lounge at GSO, and allows use even when flying another airline.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Here's a picture I took when I was there last September:

http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery...cs/GSO_US_Club

It's a nice little club as others have said and LoLJammer's description is spot on.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Different terminals

USAirways and Delta are in two different terminals at GSO. So you may not be able to use the USAirways club.

Better option may be the Marriott across the parking lot and you can be seated there. There are not long lines, like other airports in GSO, I have arrived 20 minutes before the flight (with boarding pass in hand and no bags to check) and have made it on the flight fine.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: None
The Marriott is a pretty long walk, especially if you have carry-on bags - think end of B to end of F at PHL or end of B to end of E at CLT. They have a shuttle bus to/from the terminal but I don't know their schedule. If you have transportation I'd recommend stopping there rather than going to the terminal first.

Jim
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by ACC2008
USAirways and Delta are in two different terminals at GSO. So you may not be able to use the USAirways club.

Better option may be the Marriott across the parking lot and you can be seated there. There are not long lines, like other airports in GSO, I have arrived 20 minutes before the flight (with boarding pass in hand and no bags to check) and have made it on the flight fine.

Hope this is of some help to you.
I think I will check with security when I fly into GSO to see if I will be able to clear security in that terminal with my DL boarding pass on my return. IF there will be a problem, I can stop at the Marriott on my way to the airport, since they should have wifi in the lobby or lounge.

Does GSO have free wifi access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.