Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

S7 / SIBIR / SIBERIAN joins oneworld - awards (exclude Siberia / E Russia routes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

S7 / SIBIR / SIBERIAN joins oneworld - awards (exclude Siberia / E Russia routes)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by profan
i'm with those who was unsuccessful in finding any availability on S7. I called AA multiple times to find anything from the US to TJM (geographically it is east of the Ural Mountains but not listed among the S7 cities 'unavailable' for aa redemptions) or to SVX (which is in Europe) -- the agents cannot see anything at all on S7. (i know that AY flies into SVX from HEL, but it's not the point)
Try at different times of the day, like when it's the middle of the work day in Moscow. Once when I was trying, an AA agent thought there were connectivity issues between S7 and AA computer systems possibly because of S7 computer maintenance.

Jon
Old May 21, 2012, 12:04 pm

Getting to Siberia

Trying to get to Krasnoyarsk (KJA) using AA miles but it doesn't look like S7 is available online. Is this available by calling in? I assume this is a oneworld award and not a partner award.

Also, it looks like flights from U.S. all route to DME via BA. Any tips on avoiding BA taxes/fees for this segment? Is there a chart or something for this?

Thanks for your help. //cfo
Old May 21, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Calling AA will get you better options and lower fees. IIRC there has been some issues with redeeming S7 to Siberia on an all partner award. You can do so only on oneworld awards.
Old May 21, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It would need to be a oneworld explorer award costing a minimum of 100k for coach, 130k for business or 180k for first. If you don't feel like going through DME, there are a couple flights a week between KJA and PEK.

One advantage to the explorer award is that you can stop and visit any city you pass through at no additional cost. You could stop over in DUS, HEL, LHR, MAD or BER/TXL in one direction and PEK in the other. You could also add HKG or NRT if you prefer CX or JL premium cabins to AA's.
Old May 21, 2012, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Calling AA will get you better options and lower fees. IIRC there has been some issues with redeeming S7 to Siberia on an all partner award. You can do so only on oneworld awards.
Thanks.
Old May 21, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
It would need to be a oneworld explorer award costing a minimum of 100k for coach, 130k for business or 180k for first. If you don't feel like going through DME, there are a couple flights a week between KJA and PEK.

One advantage to the explorer award is that you can stop and visit any city you pass through at no additional cost. You could stop over in DUS, HEL, LHR, MAD or BER/TXL in one direction and PEK in the other. You could also add HKG or NRT if you prefer CX or JL premium cabins to AA's.
I hope it's not an explorer award, as I was hoping not to burn that many miles. Thanks for the tip on PEK, I may try that if I don't need to go through Moscow.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cfo314
Trying to get to Krasnoyarsk (KJA) using AA miles but it doesn't look like S7 is available online. Is this available by calling in? I assume this is a oneworld award and not a partner award.
Correct. You cannot use a "oneworld and other airline" award (formerly known as an all-partner award) to get to KJA. But you can use an Explorer award. http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...irlines/s7.jsp
Old May 21, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I would at least call AA and ask whether award travel on S7 to KJA can be done on a Partner award. Despite the restriction that appears on the website, I recall seeing at least one post here on FT indicating that a Partner award was offered for travel to Eastern Russia on S7.

Would not be the first time that incorrect or outdated information appeared on aa.com.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I would at least call AA and ask whether award travel on S7 to KJA can be done on a Partner award. Despite the restriction that appears on the website, I recall seeing at least one post here on FT indicating that a Partner award was offered for travel to Eastern Russia on S7.

Would not be the first time that incorrect or outdated information appeared on aa.com.
Just off the phone with AA. Here are some details in case this is helpful for anyone else.

No award travel available from U.S. to KJA.

All economy: High season to DME is 60K miles RT (5/15-10/15). Low season is 40K to DME. RT to PEK is 70K.

RT DME-KJA Deep discount economy runs about USD530. RT PEK-KJA economy USD675.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's also flights from Niigata to Vladivostok (not on awards of any kind, though), so it is theoretically possible to go via NRT. Still a long way to travel once you get to NRT, so probably not a viable option -- just throwing it in to include all the possibilities
Old May 21, 2012, 5:35 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
There's also flights from Niigata to Vladivostok (not on awards of any kind, though), so it is theoretically possible to go via NRT. Still a long way to travel once you get to NRT, so probably not a viable option -- just throwing it in to include all the possibilities
Yeah. Flights from NRT to Vladivostock are not cheap at all. I would fly from Moscow, or take the Trans-Siberian Railroad if you have time and want to go across an entire continent by train.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As you are looking to use S7, the post sequence has been appended to the current S7 thread including award information.

To search for character groups of three or fewer, enclose them in a quotation mark - e/g/ "S7" to search for S7 using Advanced Search (search titles only, return by thread titles).

JDiver, Moderator

Originally Posted by cfo314

Also, it looks like flights from U.S. all route to DME via BA. Any tips on avoiding BA taxes/fees for this segment? Is there a chart or something for this?

Thanks for your help. //cfo
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Quick question...

So if I can see availability on BA website, then an AA agent should be able to see the same?

I'm looking at DME-GYD-FRU.

Would this be a partner award?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lakers6902
I'm looking at DME-GYD-FRU.
When did S7 start flying GYD -> FRU nonstop?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
When did S7 start flying GYD -> FRU nonstop?
hmm, maybe it was a code share. Looking up the flight again on ba.com I no longer see that option, but do see a o/w on BMI (BD0927).

All the S7 flights now are being routed through OVB, lots of options though compared to yesterday :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.