Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer

To be honest though, this is neither stupid nor non substantive, because it is indicative of the AA IT system’s inability to handle pushing out information in a timely manner. Laughable here, but in other contexts can have pretty significant implications.
They just need to schedule the batch jobs to run more more frequently
stheller and dciolli like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
It bothers me that I cannot ascertain what these two button snaps are for in the middle of the INTL F amenity kit.

Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by econometrics
It bothers me that I cannot ascertain what these two button snaps are for in the middle of the INTL F amenity kit.

Probably to lock in reinforcement straps between the two sides, BUT maybe just to give some googly eyes to stare back at you when you open it up..
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
It annoys me that I have to push a button for each of the options presented when there is a delay on the EXP Line. Push 3 to continue holding should be changed to continue holding.
GlobalMatt and AA100k like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:12 pm

Got an upgrade tonight and the in-flight entertainment didn't work today and steward kept on making "dez nuts" jokes (assuming it had to do the Kentucky meth squirrel story). Anyway, what's the point of the bigger screen!? And now, I have to use up my precious device's power... sigh..
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:16 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by robertablake
Oh, so close.
Short flights are killing me this year, nothing international happening until late fall, but i'm at almost 9k spend with 85 segments :/

Damn you American for relinquishing to corporate rate negotiators!!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I’m flying out of LGA and all DL planes have their tails lit with lights as if they’re proud to showcase their brand identity. Then we go by the AA gates and almost all AA planes at the gates even with passengers on them have dark tails and you can barely see what airline it is if you didn’t know the gate set up at LGA.

Even SPIRIT has their tail lit.

Come on......
AA planes are just fugly. I know that someone thought that they would be these really cool looking silver things but they just look gloomy and dreary and grey. They are the color of an overcast sky around the time that you start worrying about rain.
joeyE likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
AA planes are just fugly. I know that someone thought that they would be these really cool looking silver things but they just look gloomy and dreary and grey. They are the color of an overcast sky around the time that you start worrying about rain.
I think post merger livery looks very good. Especially compared to UA
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I’m flying out of LGA and all DL planes have their tails lit with lights as if they’re proud to showcase their brand identity. Then we go by the AA gates and almost all AA planes at the gates even with passengers on them have dark tails and you can barely see what airline it is if you didn’t know the gate set up at LGA.

Even SPIRIT has their tail lit.

Come on......
I don’t get this, either. They all have tail lights, so why aren’t they on?

All the more reason to use them when your tail is... the American flag, which is to be lit at night. 🤔🙄
SouthernCross and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Originally Posted by seigex
FA (compass regional YVR-LAX) refused to give me the full can of IPA this time. Told me if I want the rest of it, then she will refill my glass, but I can't have the can. .
I am out of superlatives to describe how insane that is.
Yes, yes, I’d like only half a beer...
_kurt likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
When I visit the AA website it doesn't read my mind, so I have to enter my login credentials. Pffff...
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPLT
Today’s credit card pitch included, “sorry about the late departure, but to make it up to you we have a SPECIAL promotion that we only run occasionally.”

I am upset that I have to be lucky enough to have a late flight, rare as that is these days, to get such a magnificent opportunity.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: CK or bust

When a ticket looks like a ball of yarn that a kitten batted around too many times and I don't get to fly some of the segments.

I was really trying to get to ATX, AWF, QCG, or QOJ but at least that's one flight with plenty of C inventory!
GlobalMatt and GrumpyYoungMan like this.

Last edited by enpremiere; Jun 28, 2019 at 1:33 pm
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Might be more appropriate for the DYKWIA thread, but oh well. Passenger (A319 1D) next to me (1C) snarkily asked the flight attendant who did announcements several times how many decibels the PA system was. When the FA said she didn't know, the passenger says that she doesn't think it's within OSHA standards and she knows because she "does volume level testing for OSHA." 🙄
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by seigex
Might be more appropriate for the DYKWIA thread, but oh well. Passenger (A319 1D) next to me (1C) snarkily asked the flight attendant who did announcements several times how many decibels the PA system was. When the FA said she didn't know, the passenger says that she doesn't think it's within OSHA standards and she knows because she "does volume level testing for OSHA." 🙄
I wish that your seat opponent could apply her skills to the Barclay PA pitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.