Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by robertablake
Oh, so close.
Yeah, and it’s all my fault. Picked AA codes on CX metal during a RTW ticket and they credited as fare based. I got like $400 EQD for JFK-HKG-CGK in J.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skunker
Yeah, and it’s all my fault. Picked AA codes on CX metal during a RTW ticket and they credited as fare based. I got like $400 EQD for JFK-HKG-CGK in J.
How ? That seems off
JDiver likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
How ? That seems off
$400 was a slight exaggeration. Numbers from AA after I inquired the same question.

> AA 8927 / JFK-HKG / $425.15 / $157.58
> AA 8913 / HKG-CGK / $105.58
So, total was $688 EQD.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist

$400 was a slight exaggeration. Numbers from AA after I inquired the same question.

So, total was $688 EQD.
Method of distance helps when you get a crazy fare deal for a long distance. Fare is the actual dollar spend. So you paid 688 for J class to CGK?
Old May 26, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Method of distance helps when you get a crazy fare deal for a long distance. Fare is the actual dollar spend. So you paid 688 for J class to CGK?
Oh, I know. This was part of a DONE5 and according to AA that was the fare they received for those legs. I rolled the dice based on past experience and got burned.

We are now approaching substantive complaints.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
I don't like it when my PNR turns out to be all consonants, like FGDTRB

I like it when there are multiple vowels so its easier to remember.

I do recall cancelling an AA fare on hold and rebooking to see if I got a PNR easier to memorize : )
Old May 27, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Should I consider it a good omen when my PNR starts with PDB?
Old May 27, 2019, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Should I consider it a good omen when my PNR starts with PDB?
Please report back.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by zpaul
I was seated and they then gave a pax behind me an upgrade on my last domestic flight - I had been at the top of the list but they took someone else instead, but it was a short flight (DFW-DEN) so I wasn't going to make a fuss. Then the GA came to me with a paper BP and asked me to verify my name, had a lengthy discussion in the galley, and returned the previously-upgraded pax to his seat and moved me up. There do seem to be some issues with them being able to read manifests.
I would say AA not properly applying upgrade priority is substantive
Old May 27, 2019, 11:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by robertablake
Oh, so close.
? EXP/OW Emerald still can't use Flagship First check-in/lounge unless it's a JFK-LAX/SFO or international flight (not all int'l flights). Which is a legit complaint.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:43 am
Suspended

AA collects the bose (or whatever they are) headsets in J on int'l flights 30 minutes before landing and gives you those worthless free Avis ones (that don't ever work) if you want to finish your movie. Is there a reason they can't collect the headsets from the seat after landing? In the alternative, is there a reason that no pair of those free headsets ever manufactured actually has two working ears that put sound out at an audible volume?
Old May 27, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
? EXP/OW Emerald still can't use Flagship First check-in/lounge unless it's a JFK-LAX/SFO or international flight (not all int'l flights). Which is a legit complaint.
Actually, though EXP cannot use Flagship First, OWE can.

oneworld® Emerald
You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).*

*American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship® First Check-In access. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except MEX), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: CK or bust
The soft-open overhead bins on the 787 birds take so long to open relative to the classic models that I have to optimize my open/close sessions instead of getting up twenty times before the door closes.
econometrics and Antarius like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Actually, though EXP cannot use Flagship First, OWE can.
Yes, I know OTHER OWE can, but since the guy was replying to someone who posted their AA stats for this year, showing they were just shy of EXP, I meant AA OWE AKA EXP cannot.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Yes, I know OTHER OWE can, but since the guy was replying to someone who posted their AA stats for this year, showing they were just shy of EXP, I meant AA OWE AKA EXP cannot.
1) I was the guy that was just shy of EXP.
2) You said "EXP/OW Emerald" cannot use Flagship first. OWE can. There aren't a lot of JFK-LAX/SFO flights out of ORD anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.