FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1047553-questions-bankdirect-now-bask-bank-consolidated.html)

ps9a Aug 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader (Post 16949530)
Leaving for a lower interest rate is to be expected. I'm waiting for one of the folks who find BD so despicable, so unethical, so deserving of regulatory supervision and derision that they just close their accounts, leave the bank on principle and walk away from those 20,000 AA miles per month.

I think you'll be waiting a while... I have a high tolerance for bad treatment from them in a low interest rate environment.

Bad treatment + miles > good treatment, negligible interest, and no miles :)

Happy Aug 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Any more people have experienced on the $ threshold spending of the 12 debit transactions ?

DrSifu Aug 23, 2011 9:48 am

Got the miles in "Review Miles Earned" today, one week after sending them my request.

"Dear Mr. Awesome,

Thank you for your email. We are reviewing your mileage request for Visa Checkcard bonus miles. Please allow us 5-7 days to complete the review process. You will receive a response, via e-mail, with details if we cannot complete your request, within 14 days. If your request is approved you will see miles posted to your AA account within 4-6 weeks.

Thank you for your business,

Client Support Team"

"From: Customer
Sent: Aug 17 2011 12:30PM
Subject: 5,000 AA mileage credit for Visa CheckCard

Hi, I am writing to notify you that I have met the Visa CheckCard requirement of 12 transactions per statement cycle for 3 consecutive months from a BankDirect Mileage Checking Account. Please credit/deposit 5,000 AA miles into my AAdvantageŽ account.

June = 13 transactions
July= 13 transactions
August = 13 transactions and counting

Please reply confirming receipt of this message and confirmation of miles to be posted. Thank you"

Of the 39 transactions, I had some as low as $2.00 and as high as $18.00 with normal transactions in between. If you don't try to game the system with lowball transactions, you should not have a problem getting the miles. Your third statement does not have to close before you submit a request for the miles. Once I completed the last month of transactions, I sent in the request.

In a few weeks, I will be requesting mileage for direct deposit.

So far, I would say their treatment of me has been fair and the mileage posting has been quick and correct.

untamed Aug 24, 2011 6:15 am

Why not charge 1.00 each time? All those 0.01 transactions seem insulting.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 16916830)
I am about to hit the 3rd month of running 12 times 0.01 transactions to pay my water bill. I have not liked the new BD attitude, and there is nothing in the T&Cs that says the transactions have to be a certain amount, so I am doing the absolute least. A total of 36 cents worth of transactions should shortly net the 5k bonus

ma91pmh Aug 24, 2011 7:30 am

Originally Posted by untamed (Post 16983770)
Why not charge 1.00 each time? All those 0.01 transactions seem insulting.

I doubt they would be ok with 1.00 each as opposed to 0.01.

Either way it's academic given the new language. The 5k is worth giving up the miles I'd earn away during 12 x 3 x say $20 average pricing. So I will just go ahead and use it "for real" to get the miles

seawolf Aug 24, 2011 2:44 pm

With the announcement of the changes to the Million Miler program, how will this affect your BD balances? Would you open a new CD to cash in the miles?

I'll probably take most of the money out of BD.

SteveinA2 Aug 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Checking to CD for miles

Based on the new AA MM program I need to maximize miles before Dec 1st

Does anyone know when miles for CD's post?

My checking account posts on 4th to 6th so the last date of value for checking is October's money posting Nov 4-6th.

If I then buy a CD on Nov 4th will the miles post immediately or on Dec 5th?

If I buy a CD Oct 30th will the Miles post Nov 4th - 6th?

hobo13 Aug 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by SteveinA2 (Post 16987585)
Based on the new AA MM program I need to maximize miles before Dec 1st

Does anyone know when miles for CD's post?

My checking account posts on 4th to 6th so the last date of value for checking is October's money posting Nov 4-6th.

If I then buy a CD on Nov 4th will the miles post immediately or on Dec 5th?

If I buy a CD Oct 30th will the Miles post Nov 4th - 6th?

I came looking for an answer to this as well.

ScroogeMcFlyer Aug 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Is there some sort of bonus to be referred to BD? I'm considering opening an account (regardless of the MM program change).

hobo13 Aug 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller (Post 16608739)
Recently called BD about when the miles for CD post. The phone rep said she would need to ask the supervisor and get back to me. The reply I got is that the miles will be applied at the end of the month that the CD was opened, so it seems like it is being done as a batch on a monthly basis.

Can anybody confirm that this is indeed how the CD miles post?

barelyelite Aug 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 16987807)
Can anybody confirm that this is indeed how the CD miles post?

In my dad's case, the CD miles posted in the first week of the month after the CD was opened, along with the regularly scheduled checking account miles.

swag Aug 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by ScroogeMcFlyer (Post 16987788)
Is there some sort of bonus to be referred to BD? I'm considering opening an account (regardless of the MM program change).

Yes, if you get referred, you get an extra 1000 miles for opening the account (referrer gets 1000 too). If you want a referral, check your private messages.

Montacute Aug 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Bill Pay takes a long time!

I went to schedule my first bill pay today and was really surprised to see how long it would take them to deliver my payment. 5 days??!! Are their estimated delivery dates accurate? I am thinking I will only schedule the required billpays to get my bonus and then just used my credit card site to pay the rest.

y2chen Aug 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Generally speaking, yes they are accurate. They exclude weekends and holidays and such, so it sounds like you were looking perhaps around Labor Day weekend. Otherwise, from what I've seen, its the same as what most other bank bill pays recommend (2 business day lead time), and that's what it typically has been for me as well.

drdomore Aug 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Finally my new BD account opened today, and I got the online access etc up and running. Used a referral from a fellow FT member so he should be getting 1000 AA miles for the same.

I opened account with initial deposit of 3000$. What is the best way to move in funds from another account and ingdirect to bank direct? If I do a domestic wire transfer, looks like inbound is free but they charge $22.50 for outbound wire transfers. How do the forum members normally move money out of the account - is there a better way without paying $22.50?