Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Where is my elite status card? Card delays - 2014 version (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

2014 Status Year (1 Mar 2014 - 28 Feb 2015) cards earned in 2013 have not shown up in many (all?) members' mail as of 28 Feb 2014. The lack of a current card may create an impediment to receiving oneworld status benefits and prerequisites such as lounge access, priority check-in etc. Some will not acknowledge the photo of one's card, which is undated, in the AA mobile app, and some have previously reported lounge access denied even when a boarding pass reflects one's status and frequent flyer number.

If this has happened to you, unfortunately this is not uncommon this year.

Please go directly to the end of this thread to verify if anyone is reporting they have received theirs.)

The 2015 status year cards (for status 1 Mar 2015 through 29 Feb 2016) may be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/1631904-where-my-elite-status-card-2015-status-year-version-consolidated.html

Print Wikipost

Where is my elite status card? Card delays - 2014 version (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:55 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
haven't received new exp card

On 12/2/13 I crossed 100K. I've not received my credentials. It took a few weeks to get my 8 evips; in the past the new card would arrive about a week later. Have others (also) experienced a delay?

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 21, 2014 at 2:57 pm Reason: restore original post title
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Having requalified on 12/5 I haven't received mine either.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Still waiting for mine from requalifying November 15 on the way home from Dublin. Not worried yet as my existing card is good through the end of February.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I qualified for the first time on Nov. 25 and haven't received my card. I called AA CS and they said they aren't printing any more cards until the beginning of next year and that nothing can be done. Thanks AA...
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I completed my challenge at the end of November and haven't received a new EXP card either (still have the challenge one they gave me with the 11/13 expiration date). I did get the 8 eVIPS and the EXP has been maintained on my account so I know they acknowledged my completion of it somewhere.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by callmedtop
I qualified for the first time on Nov. 25 and haven't received my card. I called AA CS and they said they aren't printing any more cards until the beginning of next year and that nothing can be done. Thanks AA...
Thats what I heard as well.

Hope they send them soon, as the last couple times I had to get the cards resent as they never showed up
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:46 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Follow-up: I spoke with AA CS a few hours ago, they said to allow 5 to 8 weeks (from past years I recollect it was usually a week after 100K, and evips posted in a timely fashion then also). Even though the flight that pushed me over was on 12/2 (posted on 12/3 as "pending verification", on 12/4 it was "verified") the agent said my "date" was 12/13.
With all of the SNAFUS noted in other threads, if I get my card next December, I would not be too surprised.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by nrr
Follow-up: I spoke with AA CS a few hours ago, they said to allow 5 to 8 weeks (from past years I recollect it was usually a week after 100K, and evips posted in a timely fashion then also). Even though the flight that pushed me over was on 12/2 (posted on 12/3 as "pending verification", on 12/4 it was "verified") the agent said my "date" was 12/13.
With all of the SNAFUS noted in other threads, if I get my card next December, I would not be too surprised.
Wow, so you requalified on December 2nd and it's now the 27th, with time out for the busiest holidays of the year. Three weeks isn't really all that long to be waiting. As noted, your current card's good until the end of February so I wouldn't consider there've been "SNAFUS" (which huge number have constituted threads?) delaying it.

I requalified in mid-October and had my new card and luggage tags in early November. Considering the volume to be processed from all three elite tiers increases exponentially towards the end of November and through December, I'd expect the fulfilment company takes somewhat longer to process things at year end than earlier when volumes are significantly lower.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:04 pm

haven't received new exp card

When I called the EXP line after I qualified (12/6) they said it would be 3-6 weeks as they print them in batches. Not sure if that's accurate but that's what I was told.

Still haven't received anything yet, however on 12/7 my status was updated online and in the app, which was great as I was able to use the FL at JFK that morning.

I haven't actually received any sort of "congrats" or "welcome" email either, although I'm not sure if AA does that.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I requalified in early November and took about three weeks+ for new EXP cards. Never got a requalification email at all.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP
Happy to say I am a first time EXP qualifier as of 10 days ago (thanks to the helpful folks and forums at Flyertalk). My SWU's are already there

I didn't receive an email ... I hope to receive the kit soon... but seeing this thread I don't think I should get my hopes up to get it by end of January.

OTOH, the Plat kit I received earlier this year took at least 4 weeks to arrive (was out of country when it got to the mailbox, so can't be more accurate than that).
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Agent told me today that the delay was related to "some changes coming related to the merger" and not to expect anything until Jan.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by hbtr
Agent told me today that the delay was related to "some changes coming related to the merger" and not to expect anything until Jan.
Hopefully it's just media/printing changes and not program changes
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:59 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Maybe the paper documents which come with the new card, will now reflect the merger in their "legalistics".
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
I requalified in August. Email received in 5 days, New card and tags in over a week. My wife requalified Nov 25. It took a phone call to get her EVIP's and still no email or card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.