Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: "Round of Applause" Employee Recognition Program and Certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

This is the closed, archival thread containing prior posts about them"Round of Applause" Employee Recognition Program and Certificates.

For the current thread please see: "Round of Applause" Employee Recognition Program and Certificates master thread.

American Airlines fora Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 3:25 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Original Post: I picked this up from another website and thought the people here would be interested.

AA will soon rollout a revised employee recoginition program at the end of October. Elites will receive packets in the mail with forms to complete if you feel you received good customer service from an AA employee. The program is being rebranded, but essentially works the same as before.

Watch you mail box.

Added in post #34

The new name of the Program is AA "Rounds of Applause".

Certificates will hit the mail the week of October 27.

_+_+_+_+_+_

American will mail Employee Recognition Certificates to Executive Platinum, Platinum and Gold AAdvantage members the week of Oct. 27, giving American and American Eagle's top customers a way to say thanks to an employee or a group of employees for a job well done.

Customers experience outstanding examples of quality service day-in and day-out. American Airlines and American Eagle reservations representatives, airport agents, flight attendant and many other employees in the air and on the ground go beyond the call of duty to truly make a difference when customers fly.

One-hundred winners will be chosen monthly and announced on Jetnet on the 15th of each month following the drawing. The first drawing will be on December 1st and on the first of each month thereafter with the final drawing on May 1, 2007. All active American and American Eagle employees worldwide up to and including Management Level 4 are eligible to participate in the employee recognition program.

_+_+_+_+_+_

for further summary information, see

Post 1 by HNL (this post; includes post 34 now)

Post 34 by HNL explaining program

Certificates go into personnel files (HNL)

When certificates are sent, and to whom (HNL)

How employees are affected (JonNYC)

Address to mail Applause to (Indo-flyer)

Employee reactions

skylady

sluggoaafa
and here too.

jrhone

=============================MODERATOR NOTE==========================

As some people have requested informational about the program "Applause" replaced, the SOS / You're SomeOne Special program for employee recognition:

You're Someone Special - SOS program employee recognition [merged]

You're SomeOne Special Program (SOS) - Discontinued [merged]

and Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]

These are merged, archival threads with information about the SOS program, its benefits, discontinuation and how some attempted to appeal to AA or create their own responses.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 1, 2012 at 9:34 pm Reason: add mod note
Old Oct 20, 2006, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
I picked this up from another website and thought the people here would be interested.

AA will soon rollout a revised employee recoginition program at the end of October. Elites will receive packets in the mail with forms to complete if you feel you received good customer service from an AA employee. The program is being rebranded, but essentially works the same as before.

Watch you mail box.
Thats good news ... Thanks! I didnt realize there was a program ...guess I need to watch my AA mail more closely.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by HNL
I picked this up from another website and thought the people here would be interested.

Watch you mail box.
^ ^ ^
Old Oct 20, 2006, 3:48 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
ANd, presumably, this is not the CharlesMD version, but a real one?

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Angry leaks!

I'll make you *******s sign a NDA if need be.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Good call, AA ^
It will be great to be able to do that!!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 4:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Some leaks are good ones!

I am glad for anything that will bring about a better service incentive and make it easier for the passenger to give spontaneous, easy positive feedback. Kind of like the SOS program allowed...
Old Oct 20, 2006, 4:12 pm

I certainly miss the SOS program - There are some gems out there in the system and they certainly deserve to recognized!

Peace!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 9:25 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by HNL
.... The program is being rebranded, but essentially works the same as before..
I assume the 'works the same as before' implies that is works the same to us the Pax.

I kinda doubt AA will make it as nice as it used to be for the employee. The 'perks' of the SOS program in the past were very unknown to we pax.

We thought that every time we gave an SOS to an employee .. it was a 'good deed' that went into their Personnel file. Right? And someone who got a lot of SOSs would get a commendation (or raise or other minor item) from their manager. That was my assumption.

Well .. I do not know the exact 'reward schedule' of the former SOS program but there WAS a financial incentive to the employees who got an SOS.

They were able to 'collect' them (probably sometime they eventually hit the Personnel file) for PRODUCTS and SERVICES.

xx number SOS = free confirmed seat (not space available) domestic .. more for international .. and more for premium cabin space
xxx number SOS could get things like a fur coat (yea this was a while back) or even a car as I recall (assume it was a tie-in with Hertz for a free year rental or something)

The reason I recall that there were GOOD perks with the old program is I overheard some FAs talking about someone who was 'saving her SOSs for the car' .. while the other FA was taking the whole family confirmed space to Australia (or someplace).

I HOPE there is a good reward for the employee who get the New SOS ... hey it might even improve their service?!?!?!?!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
^ ^

Fantastic, AA! Keep up the fabulous work!

I really have missed passing out an SOS once in a while to AA employees who truly deserve them. I especially liked the portability of the program--the fact that I could pass them out "in the moment" before I walked off the plane and know that they would have significant value to the employees, in the form of free travel and/or gifts. To be honest, since the program's termination, it has been a bit more of a pain to remember later to go to AA.com and email Cstmr. Relations.

------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing I did not like about the old program was that a couple of employees (especially TAs) asked me, and not very discreetly, if I had any SOSs to give them. (I was horrified and of course said that I did not have any.) (I even heard of some other FFers being told that the TA would clear their upgrade to a sold-out cabin if they got SOSs!)

Thus, extortion is a potential risk of the SOS program. And I don't really see a way around it. Perhaps the new SOS program will have some mechanisms in place to make sure that employees cannot defraud the system.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:13 pm
Suspended

^ ^ ^
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
This is great news. As the benefits of being an "Elite" dwindle, those little extras by AA stars become more and more important. I'll look forward to being able to reward them all over again.

Who knows, pillows may be next........
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:25 pm

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
It used to be great.... we had our own SOS accounts and we could deposit the coupons for X number of AAchievers' points..... turn them into gift certificates at retailers. I got a Front Loading washing machine with mine. Took 8 years to save up though.

The new program is a nice step but will obviously not be as lucrative. Basically, you are entered into a drawing for 25K miles that will be held every month.

Do I need to post my schedule so all you FT'ers can book on my flights and shower me with these new coupons ?

Originally Posted by JGR01
I assume the 'works the same as before' implies that is works the same to us the Pax.

I kinda doubt AA will make it as nice as it used to be for the employee. The 'perks' of the SOS program in the past were very unknown to we pax.

We thought that every time we gave an SOS to an employee .. it was a 'good deed' that went into their Personnel file. Right? And someone who got a lot of SOSs would get a commendation (or raise or other minor item) from their manager. That was my assumption.

Well .. I do not know the exact 'reward schedule' of the former SOS program but there WAS a financial incentive to the employees who got an SOS.

They were able to 'collect' them (probably sometime they eventually hit the Personnel file) for PRODUCTS and SERVICES.

xx number SOS = free confirmed seat (not space available) domestic .. more for international .. and more for premium cabin space
xxx number SOS could get things like a fur coat (yea this was a while back) or even a car as I recall (assume it was a tie-in with Hertz for a free year rental or something)

The reason I recall that there were GOOD perks with the old program is I overheard some FAs talking about someone who was 'saving her SOSs for the car' .. while the other FA was taking the whole family confirmed space to Australia (or someplace).

I HOPE there is a good reward for the employee who get the New SOS ... hey it might even improve their service?!?!?!?!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by s80dude
......for X number of AAchievers' points..... turn them into gift certificates at retailers. I got a Front Loading washing machine with mine. Took 8 years to save up though.

..?
Maybe you should be nicer ???
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:48 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by s80dude
Do I need to post my schedule so all you FT'ers can book on my flights and shower me with these new coupons ?
At least you're honest. An "edge" you MAY have is that you have (or have been able to) read thru this forum and see what really means a lot to AA flyers in terms of service, what most define as really "go the extra mile", "over the top" efforts by AA FA's. And, you've seen how many FTers would gladly reward the FA's that do so. So, I'd say, give the effort that got you that washing machine and you'll likely soon have the dryer to go with it and can throw away that clothes line . I think if you added "Vote for s80dude" in your signature, that's probably pushing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.