Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I just hit ExP, but it won't kick in yet...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

I just hit ExP, but it won't kick in yet...

I looked for this and couldn't find it, although I am quite sure someone will point out that it is easily found and I am just being redundant, as always.
I became obsessed with going from 0-100,000 EQM's on May 14th and hit the mark last week. The problem is that I had 90,500 miles before the trip and only hit ExP because of the DEQM promotion on a LAX-JFK flight.
Now, I get it, it takes 6 weeks to post, but there has to be a way to speed up this process? I am going from LAX-OGG in a few weeks and want that ExP spot in the upgrade line and don't feel like spending the 300 bucks on the upgrades, as in my opinion, I'm ExP. I get that they don't see it that way, but seeing as how i clocked 100k in four months, one would think SOMEONE at AA could expedite this quicker. It is not even that the supervisor said NO, that I could deal with, it is that she said NO ONE in the company has the power to speed up the system and this process. This can't be true, right? When I fly to OGG, I may not get the upgrade, will unnecessarily spend to try and get it, and will earn it the old fashioned way, making the current DEQM promotion pointless, as I will hit 125k for the next bonus with or without it. I just want what's mine and am convinced there is a way, thoughts?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:17 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 100000milesandrunning
. . . as in my opinion, I'm ExP.
AA see's differently, their opinion is the only one that matters.

I get that they don't see it that way, but seeing as how i clocked 100k in four months, one would think SOMEONE at AA could expedite this quicker. It is not even that the supervisor said NO, that I could deal with, it is that she said NO ONE in the company has the power to speed up the system and this process. This can't be true, right? When I fly to OGG, I may not get the upgrade, will unnecessarily spend to try and get it, and will earn it the old fashioned way, making the current DEQM promotion pointless, as I will hit 125k for the next bonus with or without it.
You're getting top tier status by flying significantly fewer miles than is usually required. The cost to you - is it will take 6 to 8 weeks for that status to be applied.

I just want what's mine and am convinced there is a way, thoughts?
Suck it up and wait.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I just want what's mine and am convinced there is a way, thoughts?
The only reason it's YOURS is because AA offered you a special deal. Part of the deal is you wait for them to GIVE it to you as promised when you accepted their generous offer.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
but seeing as how i clocked 100k in four months
You actually didn't, otherwise you would be EXP. A promotion is what WILL give you 100K once those double miles post per the promotion's T&C.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:34 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
...as in my opinion, I'm ExP. I get that they don't see it that way, but seeing as how i clocked 100k in four months, one would think SOMEONE at AA could expedite this quicker.
But that's the problem - you DIDN'T clock 100K EQM in four months. You clocked 50K. You'll receive your bonus EQMs as stated within the terms and conditions of the promotion. Simple as that. The terms and conditions were stated clearly and nowhere does it say that exemptions would be granted. So why on earth would you expect them???

When I fly to OGG, I may not get the upgrade, will unnecessarily spend to try and get it, and will earn it the old fashioned way, making the current DEQM promotion pointless, as I will hit 125k for the next bonus with or without it. I just want what's mine and am convinced there is a way, thoughts?
If the current DEQM promotion is pointless based booked flights, why did you do it? You knew of the T&C of the promo in advance before you registered for it.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
+1 to everyone's comments so far.

If I was waiting for a rebate for purchasing something, would I expect Bank of America to put $50 in my account because as far as I was concerned I had EARNED that $50 that was still 6-8 weeks away?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I think that pretty much sums it up, IMO.

Originally Posted by HNL
<snip> You're getting top tier status by flying significantly fewer miles than is usually required. The cost to you - is it will take 6 to 8 weeks for that status to be applied. <snip>
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:13 pm

Programs: None since COVID - yet!
Originally Posted by JDiver
I think that pretty much sums it up, IMO.
While I agree with what everyone here says, I do have a related question for those (which likely will include me) who hit EXP due to double miles near the end of the promo. I expect flights in early December to take me over the required EQM but only thanks to the double (if I stick on schedule I'll be on something like 97k without them!). Now, if those take 6-8 weeks to post that could take until end Jan/early Feb, which is too late because the cut off date is something like Jan 9th for miles to post. Anyone any idea how that will work - surely they can't offer to give DEQM up to mid-December when anything past mid-November may post too late to count? Will those later flights actually see the DEQM post much faster, or will people's status suddenly get upgraded later in Jan and possibly into Feb on the basis of the EQMs posting late? Same obviously applies to people who would hit 125EQM for the extra bonus.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Gamecock
The only reason it's YOURS is because AA offered you a special deal. Part of the deal is you wait for them to GIVE it to you as promised when you accepted their generous offer.
I agree. You don't get the benefits of the bonus until the time of the posting.
This is different than if you were waiting for non-bonus miles to post.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by androobe
While I agree with what everyone here says, I do have a related question for those (which likely will include me) who hit EXP due to double miles near the end of the promo. I expect flights in early December to take me over the required EQM but only thanks to the double (if I stick on schedule I'll be on something like 97k without them!). Now, if those take 6-8 weeks to post that could take until end Jan/early Feb, which is too late because the cut off date is something like Jan 9th for miles to post. Anyone any idea how that will work - surely they can't offer to give DEQM up to mid-December when anything past mid-November may post too late to count? Will those later flights actually see the DEQM post much faster, or will people's status suddenly get upgraded later in Jan and possibly into Feb on the basis of the EQMs posting late? Same obviously applies to people who would hit 125EQM for the extra bonus.
The bonus will be counted for 2009, even if it posts in 2010, otherwise it would be pointless. I didn't fly in 2009 to get a headstart on my 2010 earning year.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:32 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
As you might imagine this has been discussed ad nauseam in the thread on the double miles promotion. The miles flown during the specified period will count for status, as indicated in the promotion. Since they have set the timelines, and will want to avoid dealing with a lot of problems, they will, undoubtedly, time things to make it work. Pretty simple.

Cheers.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Now, I get it, it takes 6 weeks to post, but there has to be a way to speed up this process?
It makes no difference whether or not there is a way to "speed up the process" When you registered for the current DBEQM, you agreed to certain terms and conditions, including a posting period of 6 to 8 weeks after the flights were taken.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
which is too late because the cut off date is something like Jan 9th for miles to post.
Huh? What on earth are you talking about?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: None since COVID - yet!
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Huh? What on earth are you talking about?
Direct from the T&Cs for the elite rewards at
http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...e=eliterewards

"Qualifying miles/points must be posted to the AAdvantage member's account by January 9, 2010 to qualify for this offer."
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
Direct from the T&Cs for the elite rewards at
http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...e=eliterewards

"Qualifying miles/points must be posted to the AAdvantage member's account by January 9, 2010 to qualify for this offer."
That is for the REWARDS offer which is separate from the DBLEQ promotion. As someone else stated, this has been discussed over and over here specifically look at post #354. Elite status is from March thru Feb of the following year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.