Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Will fares to/from Hawaii in Christmas Period be lower in the future

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will fares to/from Hawaii in Christmas Period be lower in the future

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
I , CEO Of Gordon Gekko Industries, whose business is losing gobs of money except for the occasional rare desirable products, have 120 widgets for sale in February, for December delivery. The last several years, I have been able to get $1,800 each for them. By September, I have sold 100 widgets, and though I offered discounted prices for early purchasers, those prices are gone now, and I expect to easily sell out and to leave a number of would-be purchasers who delayed sad and dejected, widgetless - I don't care about them, as I am heartless.

A potential customer would like me to sell him two of my widgets at a highly discounted price. He asks others if it it likely my prices will fall.

Uh, what was the question?

Try some of the options suggested by our creative members, or change destinations. The most successful FlyerTalkers are opportunistic predators.
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Thanks for the compliment. People laugh when I wait and book my tickets last minute... 320 days out.

The irony is that the OP is wanting to upgrade on top of it. Not a chance IMO. The EXPs that booked their tickets 329 days out might, just might, get e-sticker upgrades if F is not sold out. Then of course there are the EXPs that booked between 120-329 who will also be in front of the OP for upgrades. There are no SWU or mileage upgrades available for those dates right now.

I fully realize the difficulty in my predicament. Perhaps everyone here can explain it to my wife, however? I was hopeful of prices being different but I see that isnt possible.

Can someone please tell me about this Alaska Airlines companion certificate?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
To the OP: Your profile states EXP: do you have a lot of miles? Have you looked into award tickets? Have you called the EXP desk to see if they can open up one Milesaaver ticket, then you'd only be looking at one paid ticket.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by family friend
Probably a ? best posted in the Alaska Airlines forum . . .
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:56 am

Know the price of these tickets were worth "around" $1800 apiece ai about 320 from departure. Reason why I know is 'cause I got 4 plan ahead awards 12/19 returning 12/31 this year. We'll have to leave JFK on 12/18 evening and overnight in LAX area. Would have liked to travel a day later on return but didn't want to miss out on seats. As it is the return flight was changed from 8:30PM to 10:30PM to give us a bit on NYE in LIH (not much of anything except fireworks at Poipu Beach at around 10PM (was there again this past Xmas/NYE) You have to plan ahead to score these tickets both on $ or miles.
Good luck in your quest.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria
To the OP: Your profile states EXP: do you have a lot of miles? Have you looked into award tickets? Have you called the EXP desk to see if they can open up one Milesaaver ticket, then you'd only be looking at one paid ticket.

I am considering award tickets to get to LIH and purchasing a ticket for the return. I did not think of calling for expanded inventory as the First/Business for 37.5k was unavailable. Perhaps I will call and ask. Thank you again.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:07 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Hawaii at Christmas/New Years really is one of those places where a phone call at exactly 330 days out to the number on the back of your (hopefully elite) AAdvantage card really makes a huge difference as to whether or not you can obtain a milesAAver award.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I empathize. Ask your wife if she will read this thread, with comments from some elite and very frequent flyers. (As to "isn't possible," anything is possible just that the probability is somewhere in the depths of the Marianas Trench. (But DO check the AS deal - and see if there are embargoes or other trickinesses involved.)

Originally Posted by family friend
I fully realize the difficulty in my predicament. Perhaps everyone here can explain it to my wife, however? I was hopeful of prices being different but I see that isnt possible.

Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
I empathize. Ask your wife if she will read this thread, with comments from some elite and very frequent flyers. (As to "isn't possible," anything is possible just that the probability is somewhere in the depths of the Marianas Trench. (But DO check the AS deal - and see if there are embargoes or other trickinesses involved.)

It seems like the AS "First Class" fare only has first class seats on one of the legs. The rest is coach. I am still searching in hopes though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.