Search

Standby rollover- priority?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Standby rollover- priority?

I did a search and checked the wiki but couldn't find the answer to this and I am getting conflicting answers from EXP desk. My question is pretty simple (and I'm sure it's been asked before): If I am #1 on the standby list for a 6 a.m. flight and they don't accommodate standbys and roll over the list to the 8 a.m. flight, am I now behind everyone on the 8 a.m. standby list or do I retain my #1 slot?
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:30 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Seems that it would be pretty well covered by the wiki page on Standby Priority

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...ority_%28AA%29

The same criteria would still apply. As you'd likely have earlier check-in time than those standing by for the later flight, so you'd have higher priority. But I don't believe that the lists "roll" in the way you're thinking.

Cheers.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
You should still be #1 unless there are pax who are standing by for the later flight who miss the earlier flight due to IRROPS or if there are pax whose later flight is cancelled or affected by IRROPS. Also, if there are deadheading crew who must fly to work a later flight, you will not be #1.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Read the wiki but I thought that was only for the original flight. Just got off the phone again and was told again that I drop behind all the people on the later flight standby list. But I hope that's still wrong like you said, as I'm not sure what time I'll be getting to the airport tomorrow and I put myself on the earlier flight.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:52 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by travelismylife
Read the wiki but I thought that was only for the original flight.
Original flight? Or the first flight on which you're trying to fly standby?

Unless you're on a IRROP or there are other unusual circumstances, each flight is essentially independent and memoryless when it comes to upgrades and standbys. All the rules in the AA computer system apply as usual - does not matter if you did or did not clear your previous standby or upgrade request.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

By original, I meant the first flight for standby.
So you're saying that even if I am number 1 for the 6 a.m. flight, I may be number 3 for the 8 a.m. flight if I checked in at 5 p.m. (24 hours before my original flight) and two other people (exps of course) checked in at 3 p.m. and put themselves on standby for the 8 a.m. flight? Is that correct ?

Originally Posted by JY1024
Original flight? Or the first flight on which you're trying to fly standby?

Unless you're on a IRROP or there are other unusual circumstances, each flight is essentially independent and memoryless when it comes to upgrades and standbys. All the rules in the AA computer system apply as usual - does not matter if you did or did not clear your previous standby or upgrade request.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelismylife
By original, I meant the first flight for standby.
So you're saying that even if I am number 1 for the 6 a.m. flight, I may be number 3 for the 8 a.m. flight if I checked in at 5 p.m. (24 hours before my original flight) and two other people (exps of course) checked in at 3 p.m. and put themselves on standby for the 8 a.m. flight? Is that correct ?
Yes, that is correct. Another way of saying it is that the 8 AM flight list is processed independently, and is not affected by whatever may have happened with the 6 AM flight list. Of course, in the circumstance you describe (ticketed on the 5 PM, with options for 6 AM or 8 AM) I would prefer to use CFC (what some folks call confirmed standby). It can often save you that early wake-up call and a long, frustrating day at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.