Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaii All-Partner Award

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Think the AS flight is the way to go and just get an AS flight up to Seattle. This isn't too bad since you'd have to connect in HNL anyway.
Good luck with getting inventory
LAX-HNL-OGG 2667
LAX-SEA-OGG 3594

927 extra miles to save on the price of an interisland ticket is great if you have more time than money. I wouldn't do it.... but maybe it is something the OP would like to do.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
LAX-HNL-OGG 2667
LAX-SEA-OGG 3594

927 extra miles to save on the price of an interisland ticket is great if you have more time than money. I wouldn't do it.... but maybe it is something the OP would like to do.
The OP bought their tickets 6 weeks ago.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deant
Have a question with a little different twist.

Looking at going LAX-HNL on AA and then connecting to an AA Codeshare Hawaiian flight to KOA.

Do I still need to get a separate ticket or award between HNL and KOA if it is a codeshare flight with an AA flight number?

Wanted to get everyone's take before I call AA.

Thanks.
Sorry, don't know the answer on this one. I suspect that it is still a separate ticket or award, but not sure.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
You need another ticket.
The award flights to Hawaii only get you to the direct point,
any further island hop, even if its an AA flight requires another
ticket ie more miles.

The good news is the inter island flights are very cheep we just got back
and flew both Hawaiian air and mokulele, both were around $40.00 each
way.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA MP( 1k; 1MM); Hyatt Globalist
Not very familair with AA rules, but recently I was trying to use up an interisland award using AA miles, but the agent told me, that to go from OGG to LIH (connect in HNL) would be 10,000 miles.
IS that accurate?
I did some searches and found some threads from 03 that say the max segments allowed are 4 for a RT, i.e. 2 segments one way?

thanksm

I guess it looks like in 04, it was indeed changed to 10,000 miles each way with connections. Thanks HJS

Last edited by HJsimpson; Aug 12, 2009 at 4:27 pm Reason: Found more info
Old Aug 13, 2009, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by HJsimpson
but the agent told me, that to go from OGG to LIH (connect in HNL) would be 10,000 miles.
IS that accurate?
I did some searches and found some threads from 03 that say the max segments allowed are 4 for a RT, i.e. 2 segments one way?

thanksm

I guess it looks like in 04, it was indeed changed to 10,000 miles each way with connections. Thanks HJS
Yes, 10K miles round trip or 5K each way. It used to be 5K round trip back in 2003/2004 time frame.

Unless your miles are expiring or you want to use them up (i.e. AA is not you primary carrier of choice), it is usually cheaper to buy them on HA than use miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.