Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by lobo411

Slice of cheesecake
^
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Is there a reason the RDU-ORD flights have meals but the ORD-RDU ones do not?

I flew the 7:40 AM ORD-RDU flight last week and received a single biscoff. When I asked for more I was told they only catered enough so they had one for each passenger
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Is there a reason the RDU-ORD flights have meals but the ORD-RDU ones do not?

I flew the 7:40 AM ORD-RDU flight last week and received a single biscoff. When I asked for more I was told they only catered enough so they had one for each passenger
You'd think that with ORD being a hub, they would have enough for seconds..
Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

These refreshments/"N/A" flights are so stingy with food. Even sfo-ord redeye for example just gets nuts. With the competition offering paninis and snack baskets I think they ought to start feeding us more. At the very least a small snack from Y would be welcomed.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

These refreshments/"N/A" flights are so stingy with food. Even sfo-ord redeye for example just gets nuts. With the competition offering paninis and snack baskets I think they ought to start feeding us more. At the very least a small snack from Y would be welcomed.
And a cookie....

I once again reiterate that most people don't eat on red-eyes, most food on UA probably goes to waste and a lot of people would like a minimal or non-existant offering to cut down on the noise.

And I don't think US or DL offer food on any of their redeyes. Nor do I think CO does on mid-con red-eyes to IAH.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sts603
And a cookie....

I once again reiterate that most people don't eat on red-eyes, most food on UA probably goes to waste and a lot of people would like a minimal or non-existant offering to cut down on the noise.

And I don't think US or DL offer food on any of their redeyes. Nor do I think CO does on mid-con red-eyes to IAH.
CO has its cold plate. I recieved it this year when I flew SMF-IAH on a redeye. You get cheese, crackers, lunch meat (not much of any of the previous three), some veggies (carrots/celery), a little fruit and some cookies. It's not bad actually. I've long been annoyed with AA's domestic mid-con redeye food.

Said Meal
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:22 pm
Suspended

CO has its cold plate. I recieved it this year when I flew SMF-IAH on a redeye. You get cheese, crackers, lunch meat (not much of any of the previous three), some veggies (carrots/celery), a little fruit and some cookies. It's not bad actually. I've long been annoyed with AA's domestic mid-con redeye food.

Said Meal
I stand corrected. That said, how many people eat it on such red-eyes?

Noise issues in the cabin aside, I just think that adding meals to flights like ORD-RDU (where RDU-ORD), and restoring meal service to flights like BNA-DFW would be far better use of money.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
nd I don't think US or DL offer food on any of their redeyes. Nor do I think CO does on mid-con red-eyes to IAH.
DL only does a snack basket on redeyes from SLC-JFK. The snack basket usually has bananas, apples, twix, sun chips, reeses cups and little packets of peanuts and pretzels.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by sica4
ORD-LAX, First Class, 767-300, Dinner

Chipotle Chicken with Rice:
Same was served on 1865 IND to DFW less the shrimp cocktail (it was labeled a "snack"), but add strawberry cheesecake.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC

Noise issues in the cabin aside, I just think that adding meals to flights like ORD-RDU (where RDU-ORD), and restoring meal service to flights like BNA-DFW would be far better use of money.
I do! Something to munch on before drifting asleep watching movies on the laptop.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
AA 526 SFO-DFW 12/15/10
F Class Breakfast

http://i56.tinypic.com/2nv8bb9.jpg

Choice of
Special K Cereal
Fruit

or

Cheese Omelete with Roasted Potatoes & Bacon Bits
Fruit

Bagel or Biscuit
Mint upon arrival
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:13 pm

You'd be surprised. I've done my fair share of CO redeyes and I'd say at least half, often more, people at least munch on something. I know I always do.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:15 pm

AA 1705 DFW-MSP 12/15/10
F Class Lunch

http://i53.tinypic.com/6qh5dj.jpg

Warm mixed nuts

Choice of
Cheeseburger & Chips
or
Chicken Fiesta Salad w/ Corn, Black olives, tomatoes
Pita Chips and Parmesan Dip

Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie

I had the fiesta salad. Very tasty^ My crappy Blackberry camera does not do it justice
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:19 pm

You'd be surprised. I've done my fair share of CO redeyes and I'd say at least half, often more, people at least munch on something. I know I always do.
Agreed. More often than not people choose not to sleep or just can't sleep (like me) on planes. Sorry, but a 2K mile flight even redeye, nuts and a cookie is below average in the industry for F class service.

Every other major airline has a snack basket in F for these type of flights.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
I remember back when the "late night" meal actually had quite a few options - cheese/fruit plate, salad, or soup. I really liked the mushroom soup - creamy, but not too heavy. After a bowl of that with a piece of bread and a glass of wine, I was ready to zonk out for a few hours.
I would have loved some soup! I would have skipped the cold beef salad because the name is horrible (talk about bad marketing!), but I was pleasantly surprised.

I have to say that if you like soup with some kick, the AC at RDU had some absolutely fantastic Enchillada Soup for $5ish on Monday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.