Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by SFO777
DFW-PIT
October 26, 2010
AA 1118
6:20P-9:55p (actual 9:25p)
MD-80
No WiFi
Dinner

Opted for the "Chicken", which was grilled chicken with a tangy sweet/sour chili sauce.
When I opted for the same chicken with the tangy sweet/sour sauce on the chicken earlier this year, I had sworn I had tasted that flavor before. Then, it dawned on me: Kool-Aid Tropical Punch.

Originally Posted by SFO777
But the beans? Yuck.
+1 on the "Yuck" factor of the beans. Even refried beans would have been tastier than the beans served with the chicken.

But what catering genius decided to serve beans aboard an airplane without free samples of Beano®????

Perhaps Beavis and Butthead are working as catering managers at LSG Skychefs every time the Chicken 'n Beans are served on AA.

American Airlines: Something Special in the air!™

Last edited by Max M; Oct 30, 2010 at 6:21 am
Old Oct 30, 2010, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Nice looking breakfast, your biscuit looks very large or the plate was small...
Biscuit was large... The one this morning was smaller... As you will see in my next post!
Old Oct 30, 2010, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ORD - MIA
AA462 - 757
Breakfast

Same as the previous days SFO-ORD flight, just with grumpier FA's... Sorry the picture is bad, but I had been "told off" for taking a picture of the cabin, so tried to do this one discreetly.

Potatoes were different today though, mixed with a sort of semi-spicy tomato sauce and sweet corn... A little odd, would have preferred just plain breakfast potatoes!

See, smaller biscuit!

Last edited by BingBongBoy; Oct 30, 2010 at 3:25 pm
Old Oct 30, 2010, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MIA - MGA
AA969 - 767
Lunch

I was shocked! In a good way...

From reading this thread, I was expecting a lot less for this length of flight, but we were offered:

Drink and Warm Nuts.

Starter (big!) salad with mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomato.

Jerk Pork.
or
Cheese Ravioli.
I took the Cheese Ravioli as the Jerk Pork was spicy.
It was ok, if not a little bland, required salt and pepper.

Warm bread rolls.

White Wine, Red Whine, Champagne.

More drinks after lunch. I had Bailey's over ice.

Overall, in addition to the 763 Business cabin, this was a fantastic flight. The Purser who was on my side was absolutely superb. I have already wrote an e-mail to AA to pass on my thanks for a wonderful flight.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Max M
When I opted for the same chicken with the tangy sweet/sour sauce on the chicken earlier this year, I had sworn I had tasted that flavor before. Then, it dawned on me: Kool-Aid Tropical Punch.

+1 on the "Yuck" factor of the beans. Even refried beans would have been tastier than the beans served with the chicken.

But what catering genius decided to serve beans aboard an airplane without free samples of Beano®????

Perhaps Beavis and Butthead are working as catering managers at LSG Skychefs every time the Chicken 'n Beans are served on AA.

American Airlines: Something Special in the air!™
The thing I also noticed about the chicken is the prep is a concession to airplane ovens. While described as "grilled," the marks appear to be strictly for aesthetics. Rather than a flame broiled flavor, the chicken tastes like it was steamed or boiled, then quickly grilled for appearance. Then again, any grilled chicken that has been cooked, flash frozen, plopped in a catering cart for 4 hours, and then reheated will probably be like shoe leather.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
A week or so ago between LA and NY, had dinner flights both ways. Outbound had the nuts/drinks, app(ham)/salad and then either beef or pasta for dinner. The beef tasted alright, but was the consistency of shoes. Sundae for dessert.

On the return, the service was similar, but with shrimp as the app and shrimp as the non-pasta entree (I like shrimp, so not upset). I actually thought it was a lot better than the beef. Came on a bed of rice (I think, but can't recall 100%). Neither was as good as the beef dish they served about three or four years ago on transcons in J, which was much more tender and had a much better sauce.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
I had three flights over the weekend. Took some not-very-professional shots with my Blackberry, I'll add them later.

100% of my flying is leisure and not time sensitive, so as the below demonstrates, I will go out of my way to go on wide-bodies and take connections if the price is right (LAX-ORD 763 non-stop was the same price as LAX-DFW-ORD on a widebody pair, so why not wake up earlier, spend an extra sticker, and enjoy two flights?).

AA2412
763 LAX-DFW
Breakfast

Spinach omelette. It was very good, but not as cheesy as am used to (I prefer it with more cheese). Sides of potatoes and mushrooms. Too bad I hate mushrooms. Served with fruit and toasted bagel.

Other choice was hot oatmeal. Pre-departure orange juice/water was offered. Service was too slow for my tastes, though. I like to sleep on planes, even a short hop like LAX-DFW, so I like the food service to come quickly, and it took quite a while for even the food orders to be taken.

AA 2350
772 DFW-ORD
Lunch

Chicken Parmesan. I've had this before, a safe choice, but not my favorite. Side of green vegetables (which I didn't eat, because I still do have the eating habits of an 8 year old) and a salad. Oatmeal cranberry cookie for dessert.

Other choice was a shrimp salad (and that made chosing the chicken easy, since I don't eat shrimp). The service on this flight was top notch. Orders were taken before we took off so the service was prompt, important for such a short flight. In addition, pre-departure beverage orders were taken, and we could order any drink we wanted while we waited for take-off. It definitely helps that the plane boards through the second set of doors. I had also rotated my chair 90 degrees to face the window since it was a very clear day and some great views, and the FA set-up my meal on the window-facing tray table. I appreciated the quick but efficient service, since it still let me have about an hour to take a quick and much needed nap in the flagship suite before arriving in Chicago.

AA 699
763 ORD-LAX
Dinner

Cheese tortellini with a side salad and shrimp appetizer. I left the shrimp alone, but the salad was excellent. Had ceaser dressing and feta cheese. Just tasted a lot better than what I'm used to on AA. The pasta was also great, it's one of my favorites on AA. Dessert was either brownie sundae or cheese/crackers plate. Since I'm one of the few people in the world that doesn't like chocolate, I took the cheese/crackers.

Other choice was a chipotle chicken with salad and a side of rice. It looked pretty good. And, again, the service on this flight was amazing. With drink orders, after making the drink, the FA offered to leave the can and an extra bottle, which is a great touch that I appreciated.

Also, not meal related, but slightly annoying is the apparent inconsistency of having duvets and pillows on widebody domestic flights. I'm used to having them all the time. This weekend, only on the LAX-DFW run did we have them, not the DFW-ORD or ORD-LAX runs. DFW-ORD, okay, didn't really bother me for such a short flight, but ORD-LAX is a four hour flight, it can take just as long as LAX-MIA does with strong tailwinds and people do use the beds to get some sleep (especially since there is a lot of Europe arriving connections), and I expect a duvet.

Last edited by MAH4546; Nov 2, 2010 at 5:59 pm
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by MAH4546
I had three flights over the weekend. Took some not-very-professional shots with my Blackberry, I'll add them later.

AA2412
763 LAX-DFW
Breakfast

Spinach omelette. It was very good, but not as cheesy as am used to (I prefer it with more cheese). Sides of potatoes and mushrooms. Too bad I hate mushrooms. Served with fruit and toasted bagel.

Other choice was hot oatmeal. Pre-departure orange juice/water was offered. Service was too slow for my tastes, though. I like to sleep on planes, even a short hop like LAX-DFW, so I like the food service to come quickly, and it took quite a while for even the food orders to be taken.

AA 2350
772 DFW-ORD
Lunch

Chicken Parmesan. I've had this before, a safe choice, but not my favorite. Side of green vegetables (which I didn't eat, because I still do have the eating habits of an 8 year old) and a salad. Oatmeal cranberry cookie for dessert.

Other choice was a shrimp salad (and that made chosing the chicken easy, since I don't eat shrimp). The service on this flight was top notch. Orders were taken before we took off so the service was prompt, important for such a short flight. In addition, pre-departure beverage orders were taken, and we could order any drink we wanted while we waited for take-off. It definitely helps that the plane boards through the second set of doors.

AA 699
763 ORD-LAX
Dinner

Cheese tortellini with a side salad and shrimp appetizer. I left the shrimp alone, but the salad was excellent. Had ceaser dressing and feta cheese. Just tasted a lot better than what I'm used to on AA. The pasta was also great, it's one of my favorites on AA. Dessert was either brownie sundae or cheese/crackers plate. Since I'm one of the few people in the world that doesn't like chocolate, I took the cheese/crackers.

Other choice was a chipotle chicken with salad and a side of rice. It looked pretty good. And, again, the service on this flight was amazing. With drink orders, after making the drink, the FA offered to leave the can and an extra bottle, which is a great touch that I appreciated.
Glad to see you snagged the hard to get upgrade on 2350.^
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral
Glad to see you snagged the hard to get upgrade on 2350.^
I figure because it was a weekend?

Mine cleared about 36 hours in advance and the upgrade waitlist at the gate was only two people, and both cleared.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Thanks for those three MAH4546, I'll be going on all of those soon and appreciate it!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Service was too slow for my tastes, though. I like to sleep on planes, even a short hop like LAX-DFW, so I like the food service to come quickly, and it took quite a while for even the food orders to be taken.
I was on AA72 HNL-ORD last week, and the dinner service took 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete.

Normally I would enjoy not being rushed through my meal, but when it is an 8 hour 20 minute redeye flight, I would like to be able to take a power nap before working all day the next day.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:18 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by kw335
I was on AA72 HNL-ORD last week, and the dinner service took 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete.

Normally I would enjoy not being rushed through my meal, but when it is an 8 hour 20 minute redeye flight, I would like to be able to take a power nap before working all day the next day.
I have to agree - 2 hours 45 minutes is a long time to complete dinner service.

I really don't care for AA 72 HNL-ORD, (or red eyes in general) - I can never sleep on planes...
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I never complain about the food. I swear. I figure it is better to have no expectations. BUT...

...if I have to stomach even LOOKING at that teriyaki chicken it aint gonna be pretty. The meat is a tan/gray color; that should say enough. The sauce is thick and nasty. The rice is corrupted by the vile chicken...and there is no vegetable.

This is usually served with the other omnipresent choice of "tortellini" or "stuffed shells". If I eat the stuffed shells once more I'm gonna turn into one.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TXagogo
I never complain about the food. I swear. I figure it is better to have no expectations. BUT...
...if I have to stomach even LOOKING at that teriyaki chicken it aint gonna be pretty. The meat is a tan/gray color; that should say enough. The sauce is thick and nasty. The rice is corrupted by the vile chicken...and there is no vegetable.
Well now, since you asked for it ...

Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
AA2412
763 LAX-DFW
Breakfast

Other choice was hot oatmeal.
AA2428, LAX-DFW (757), 9:10AM departure this morning was offering a choice of the cheese omelet or the cereal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.