Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:56 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
The above posts have been moved from an older thread on LAX-BOS meals to the 2010 Domestic Meals thread.

/Moderator

(No special meals on LAS-MIA, sorry).
Old Feb 28, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by gamehendge2000
I fly this weekly (aa150). Never been without a meal offered.
+1 I flew 150 last week and was offered a meal.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
Actually the route than i am going to be flying in F transcon redeye is LAS-MIA. This just seemed like the most relevant thread to post my question in

Would i be able to order a special meal on las-mia? I am guessing no

I am allergic to alot of seafood and it really bothers me so i am just trying to think of a way to avoid that if at all possible
I've never seen two seafood choices only on an AA flight. As mentioned above, the other option was a chicken parm.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:33 pm
Suspended

I am wondering about the meal on AA flight 1842 overnight from LAS-MIA in F. I was wondering if i can order a special meal?

It looks like from previous posts that only seafood (a salmon plate) was offered as the snack or like two soups were loaded on board for the lucky ones?

I can't eat most seafood so im wondering if anyone has been on this route recently? Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by SkiUtah
I am wondering about the meal on AA flight 1842 overnight from LAS-MIA in F. I was wondering if i can order a special meal?

It looks like from previous posts that only seafood (a salmon plate) was offered as the snack or like two soups were loaded on board for the lucky ones?

I can't eat most seafood so im wondering if anyone has been on this route recently? Thanks!
Special meals cannot be ordered on domestic F. There are usually two choices. Based on recent experience, the option other than the salmon salad is probably the chicken parm. Check with the FA, they might be willing to get you one of the Boston Market sandwiches from coach BOB if there are any left.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: Various
Nearly all of the Red Eye flights I've every taken have a fruit and cheese plates as one of the options. The fruit mostly being grapes and strawberries. As previously posted, I would go to Trader Joe's, Fresh & Easy, or XYZ Grocery store and get something, or make some arrangement of your own.

The only (domestic) routes that AA will provide a Veg or special meal (in First or Business) is JFK->SFO/LAX, LAX/SFO->JFK, LAX->MIA or MIA->LAX. These are the AA Flashship routes. The AA website states special meals are availabe on transcontinental flights:

Special Meal Availability

Special meals are available on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack and Breakfast Snack flights when ordered in advance.

Order at least 24 hours prior to the flight:

* In First and Business Classes on transcontinental flights in the U.S.

This is somewhat confusing, as it should read "only available on select transcontinental flights". If you want confirmation, you should call AA directly.

Did you look through all of the postings in this thread? It shows an example of the Red Eye menu from Non-Flagship routes:
LAX-BOX Red Eye Don't count on the soup, since they only load one or two and sometimes none.

Last edited by Robt760; Feb 28, 2010 at 11:32 pm
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:02 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Robt760
The only (domestic) routes that AA will provide a Veg or special meal (in First or Business) is JFK->SFO/LAX, LAX/SFO->JFK, LAX->MIA or MIA->LAX. These are the AA Flashship routes. The AA website states special meals are availabe on transcontinental flights:
While those three routes are the only ones with domestic 3-class service, AA's domestic "AFS" routes are considered all trans-cons between MIA/IAD/EWR/JFK/BOS and SAN/LAX/SFO/SEA (so basically all trans-cons except MCO-LAX).
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by MAH4546
While those three routes are the only ones with domestic 3-class service, AA's domestic "AFS" routes are considered all trans-cons between MIA/IAD/EWR/JFK/BOS and SAN/LAX/SFO/SEA (so basically all trans-cons except MCO-LAX).
Thanks Mark. I guess the answer to the LAS-JFK question is that it's not considered trans-con and I would presume would also be the same deal for LAS-MIA. Maybe he/she should try calling in a special meal request to see if they accept it. On a side note, another odd-ball flight that's technically trans-con, but considered Caribbean (?) would be LAX-SJU. I would have not clue of a Special meal can be ordered for that, or what the meal would be (Late Snack and a light Cont. Brk?)
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Starwood Gold, National Emerald Club
Good Morning it's 5am, would you like a cookie?

So this morning I flew the AA red-eye SFO-DFW, leaving SFO 12:30am and arriving DFW 5:40am. Of course, it was listed as a "Refreshments" flight due to the departure time. Shortly after takeoff, the FA came around and offered me the usual warm nuts and asked if I'd like a cocktail. Then a little after 5am CST just as I was waking up due to the Captain saying we'd be landing in about 25-30 minutes, the FA came around offering chocolate chip and oatmeal cranberry cookies to everyone. I think just about the entire F class cabin, including myself, looked at this lady like "hell no we don't want a cookie, it's 5:00 in the morning, gross!"

Now of course this was at no fault of the FA because she was working with what she had (although maybe she could have served the cookies WITH the warm nuts?) It was a good hour after we took off that i fell asleep and still had no cookie so it wasn't a case of me falling asleep too quickly and missing out.

Anyhow, why does AA not cater this flight with the warm nuts and then like 30-45 minutes before landing offer a bagel, biscuit, or a muffin -- even prepackaged or an old school bistro bag to go. A cookie at 5am just seems nasty -- and clearly everyone else on that flight thought so as well.

Now I realize this isn't a big deal -- it just seems a bit idiotic is all and like there are a million ways AA could cater this flight better while maintaining efficiency -- and monetary efficiency for that matter.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
But there are some of us that would LOVE a warm cookie for breakfast (or cold pizza)
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO
I would have gladly had 3-4 cookies
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Krysia
But there are some of us that would LOVE a warm cookie for breakfast (or cold pizza)
Yes, there are.

Must be a slow news day. Don't see the problem, myself.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
don't forget, it was 3AM PST when the cookie was offered.... i sure wouldn't want to eat a cookie at 3AM, or even be awake then!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by billgrates3
don't forget, it was 3AM PST when the cookie was offered....
Different time zones, of course.

Originally Posted by billgrates3
i sure wouldn't want to eat a cookie at 3AM, or even be awake then!
If you weren't awake, obviously you wouldn't want to eat a cookie--or a bagel or a biscuit.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Wow, the reactions here are surprising! I would take a warm cookie ANYTIME!!^

That's a great touch on a mid-con flight. That being said, perhaps the FA should have taken orders (would you like to be awakened for a cookie and a pre-arrival beverage?) during her first service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.