FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/887180-promo-discount-code-codes-requests-offers-consolidated.html)

Tintin Sep 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by JAAbercrombie (Post 14673219)
Since the century 10% promo has ended and I do not have a Citi card, does anyone know of any promo codes that are good on flights booked to the end of Nov or through the end of the year? Thanks.

Citi AA card offers a promo code???? I have the card but never had a promo code. Can you enlighten me here?

Tintin

JAAbercrombie Sep 17, 2010 7:47 am

Originally Posted by JY1024 (Post 14673794)
As you can imagine, if a thread was started every time someone wanted a promotional code, this forum would be completely inundated. (Plus, you already asked for a code in the Century promo thread.)

I did a search on "promo code" and came up with this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Yes, this is the same thread you're posting in right now. . .:rolleyes:

JAAbercrombie Sep 17, 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Tintin (Post 14674368)
Citi AA card offers a promo code???? I have the card but never had a promo code. Can you enlighten me here?

Tintin

Supposedly, people who have the Citi card are getting promo codes for discounts on flights.

brp Sep 17, 2010 7:51 am

Originally Posted by JAAbercrombie (Post 14678979)

Probably didn't notice that that was posted before the thread was merged into the place that it should have been posted in the first place, did'ja?

Cheers.

JY1024 Sep 17, 2010 8:08 am

Originally Posted by JAAbercrombie (Post 14678979)

And yes, in case you forgot, the thread you started is also now in this thread...coincidence? :rolleyes:

JAAbercrombie Sep 17, 2010 8:09 am

brp & JY1024 - I am humbled. . :o

magic111 Sep 17, 2010 8:41 am

Interesting but useful information. As this is a frequently asked question someone has taken the time and posted relevant information about this topic in the FAQ

The FAQ is stickied on the landing page for the aadvantage forum with a black arrow pointing right located inside a green circle to the left of the topic. Really easy to spot as it has been visited over 111k times since it was placed on the page 4 months ago.

But if anyone still doesn't realize how valuable the FAQ is for the forum here is a relevant excerpt for your reading enjoyment.

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 11822034)
Reservations and Award Travel

• Does anyone have a discount or promotion code?

Proprietary discount codes, including DealFinder codes, should not be requested or posted in the AA Forum, and such posts will be deleted by the moderators. However, purchasing a 2011 Entertainment Book will give you a fixed $10 discount, $20 discount from certain cities, and 5% off an AA Vacations. The Entertainment Book offers a free 14-day online trial that provides access to the 2010 AA Vacations discount as well as printable coupons for rental car agencies and other vendors. Student Advantage is also offering members ($20 including rebate) a 10% discount valid for travel from Aug 16–Dec 16, 2010 and purchased between Jul 1–Sep 30, 2010. From March to September 2010, AA is running a Century in the Making promotion that provides 10% discount codes valid during four separate travel periods. A current list of public bonus offers can always be found listed on AA.com.

AA.com: Bonus Offers
FT: AAdvantage Enrollment Bonuses
FT: 2011 Entertainment Book
FT: 2010 Entertainment Book
FT: 2010 Student Advantage Discount (travel 8/16-12/16/2010; purchase 7/1-9/30/2010)
FT: 2010 Century in the Making Promotion (four travel periods Mar-Sep 2010)

FT: Gogo Inflight Wifi Discounts
FT: Admirals Club Discounts (2009 at select clubs) | Admirals Club Discounts (general)

The reason the CITI code thread is not included within this FAQ is because it is a targetted code. A search will find the thread but we know someone has already been there and asked if anyone had an unused code.

Finally let me also add my thanks for whomever sent the "Alert" and requested my service. By reading the FAQ I discovered a promo that it appears can be used by me.

btwayland Sep 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by chriskre (Post 14320795)
Yeah, AA kind of dominates our market unless you want to fly out of FLL.

I do it sometimes but keep ending up back with AA.

I'm hoping to get good at AA since that is the only FF program I'm with for airlines as I keep finding them to be the best direct flights for me.

After reading all these mileage and mattress run threads, which I'm still a little in the dark about why anyone would want to do this, I might be a convert from direct flights to connections :eek:.

We'll see. :rolleyes: Still reading.

AA is starting JFK-FLL non-stops soon (or have already) ... they have a 2x RDM promotion going on now (NYFLL), but you have to read the residence address requirements to see if either works or if you have to by NY to qualify for that bonus.

Tintin Sep 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Citi AA Promo Code - Real?

Originally Posted by JAAbercrombie (Post 14678998)
Supposedly, people who have the Citi card are getting promo codes for discounts on flights.

I have Citi AA World MC for long, but never received any discount promo code, ever. They do offer a reduced mile award travel program, usually twice a year, but they are only for award travel.

Anyone have more info on this?

Tintin

aktchi Sep 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Tintin (Post 14690561)
I have Citi AA World MC for long, but never received any discount promo code, ever. They do offer a reduced mile award travel program, usually twice a year, but they are only for award travel.

Anyone have more info on this?

Well certain emails are "targeted" and some people get them while others don't. I have been on both sides of that line and have no clue how Citi/AA decide these things.

jbdear Sep 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Code for $25 off R/T from DFW over $250.

Use Code DC8C62 for $25 off flight at AA.com. *Book by 9/26* Fly by 12/17.

Further terms below.

Enjoy! :)

http://aatxt.com/cowboys/rules.html

Terms & Conditions
Eligible Travel: Applies to new reservations for one-way or round-trip^ travel on American Airlines, excluding codeshare flights. Travel is valid from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to any American Airlines destination worldwide. Tickets must be purchased on AA.com no later than seven days (7) from game date and receipt of the code. Travel period: Travel within 90 days from game date and receipt of the code, unless otherwise noted. Travel embargo dates apply and are subject to change at any time without notice. Travel not valid on the following dates: November 19-24 +27-29; December 18-23 + 26-31 2010; January 1-3, February 18-21; March 11-13 +18-20, 2011. This discount applies to all published fares of $250 or more and requires instant purchase; Promotion code may not be applied to previous reservations, placed on hold or purchased; discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges. Promotion code is valid for use on AA.com only and cannot be redeemed by calling American Airlines reservations or at American Airlines ticketing locations. AA.com Promotion codes cannot be reissued or replaced. For full terms and conditions about AA.com Promotion codes, refer to www.aa.com/promotioncode. American Airlines and AA.com are registered marks of American Airlines, Inc.

dayone Sep 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Thank you.

jbdear Sep 19, 2010 10:25 pm

No problem. It appears the opportunity to acquire more promo codes will be available for future Cowboy home games for the rest of the season (or so it seems from reading the terms of the code/contest).

Text "AACOWBOYS" to 22898 during the next home game. There might be more $25 off where this came from.

Cheers.

NJUPINTHEAIR Sep 20, 2010 11:46 am

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 14690636)
Well certain emails are "targeted" and some people get them while others don't. I have been on both sides of that line and have no clue how Citi/AA decide these things.

I just activated my Citi AMEX. If I were to receive a code via e-mail, does anyone have an idea when these are sent to cardmembers, i.e., after activation or out of the blue with no frame of reference whatsoever?

dave_SEA Oct 1, 2010 8:30 pm

Any 10% AA deals until the next Century in the Making?

I see that the next AA Century in the Making begins Oct 4. I need to purchase a ticket by Oct 2- anyonw aware of any 10% codes or promos I can use?