Wiki Posts
Search

AA Website Down for Maintenance on 11/01

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, BA Gold
AA Website Down for Maintenance on 11/01

Anyone else getting the site as down. Does anyone know if it was scheduled or a crash like on 10/23. If it was scheduled do you think we will see a new feature or setup like United added last week?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
Still down, but it was scheduled.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 12:09 am

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
It's usually down early in the morning for maintenance for about an hour. Nothing new.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:14 am

Programs: AAExp
I don't know if this is an AA site maintenance "feature" or not, but I just made a reservation on AA.com(I am an AA ExPlat) and, while seats are available in the exit row(s)...I was not able to view or select an exit row seat.

I Called the "KnowME" line and they were able to change my seats to the exit rows. I then asked to speak to AA.com where they acknowledged and verified my inability to view/select the exit row seats. The "techie" then said that I was not the only ExPlat to report this.

They did ask my computer (HP), Operating System (XP), Browser (Google Chrome but I normally use Firefox).

Hope no one else experiences this as well because I do like to plan my trips by getting the seating "profile" of the cabin and selecting my specific seat accordingly.

Cheers....
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by CStaln
I am an AA ExPlat...I was not able to view or select an exit row seat...The "techie" then said that I was not the only ExPlat to report this...Hope no one else experiences this ...
You are definitely not the only one:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884116
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:55 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Franklybrit
Still down, but it was scheduled.
And indicated on the site. Maintenance for websites happens quite often, and is not particularly new.

But thanks for letting us all know ^.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.