Wiki Posts
Search

757 Retrofits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 1k
757 Retrofits

Does anyone know if AA is still doing these / planning to do the 757 retrofits that they announced in 2007?

http://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/pr...upgrades.jhtml

This is the second year in a row I've made EXP with 90% of my miles coming from BOS - LAX/SFO flights and I'm at the point where i'm considering ORD layovers so I can at least hop on the 763 for the long leg. ORD Layovers. Not a good sign.

I haven't seen anything posted in the forums recently, and I'm sure there are other 757 sufferers that share my pain...

Also, does anyone think there's a chance that AA will start replacing these flights (which are always packed to the gills) with 763s anytime soon?
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: AA, DL, CO, NW, BA, CX
757 re-fits

Funny you ask that question. When I read the 787 press release today that is the first thing that popped inot my head. I have asked a few FA on recent 757 flights and they didn't know anything. Some didn't even know about the orginal annoucement.

I too am eager for them to be updated. Tired, old, dirty and always full.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
I doubt that too many FAs will know about the 787 announcement until they sign into their computers and onto JetNet. I didn't know until I read the statement this evening.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
It cant happen fast enough. The sooner the better.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
You could also consider JFK layovers, so you can take 763 or 762 transcons from JFK to SFO or LAX. Not that dealing with JFK is much fun either, but at least you get the nicer planes longer. And going eastbound, if you get stuck at JFK, you could always drive or train to Boston in a pinch, which is better than getting stranded at ORD.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
so funny... I have stopped flying transcoastal on AA precisely because I ABHOR, HATE and CANNOT deal with their 757 product. And I am willing to pay for it too... just the thought of the trip is painful until they upgrade.

Of course they're clueless to this... sadly...
Old Oct 15, 2008, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

How exactly are they 'clueless' to this when we all know they've announced an upgrade?

I am on a mobile browser at the moment so I can't link, but there is a thread over at TB about the roll out of the first retofit aircraft. They are moving forward, IIRC, ahead of schedule. Perhaps one of my fellow biforumuals can post a link.

Last edited by DillMan; Oct 15, 2008 at 10:51 pm
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DillMan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

How exactly are they 'clueless' to this when we all know they've announced an upgrade?

I am on a mobile browser at the moment so I can't link, but there is a thread over at TB about the roll out of the first retofit aircraft. They are moving forward, IIRC, ahead of schedule. Perhaps one of my fellow biforumuals can post a link.
There is a nice thread over there about 762 retrofits. If there was a thread about general 757 retrofits, I must have missed it. The only thing I could find on 757s is a discussion of an international subfleet, not much help for BOS-LAX. Here's the link. "Clueless" might be a better description of those who rely on a rant and speculation site for their flying information.

Last edited by gemac; Oct 15, 2008 at 11:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.