Search

777 mia-jfk

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
777 mia-jfk

I was looking to buy tickets to NY last night and I was really tired. I actually fell asleep twice in the middle of doing it. Anyway, I saw a flight MIA-JFK on Dec. 19th on a 777. It stills shows that today. So I bought it w/o looking to see if they were starting a new 777 service (like they had MIA-ORD last year) MIA-JFK. In searching all the dates around the 19th I see they don't offer a 777, only the 19th. Anyway, my status shows ticketed and I selected my seat. Now I'm thinking there's a bug in the system and they are going to change me to an AB6, and I don't want the flight- I hate, scratch that, despise the AB6. Help appreciated.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by travelismylife
I was looking to buy tickets to NY last night and I was really tired. I actually fell asleep twice in the middle of doing it. Anyway, I saw a flight MIA-JFK on Dec. 19th on a 777. It stills shows that today. So I bought it w/o looking to see if they were starting a new 777 service (like they had MIA-ORD last year) MIA-JFK. In searching all the dates around the 19th I see they don't offer a 777, only the 19th. Anyway, my status shows ticketed and I selected my seat. Now I'm thinking there's a bug in the system and they are going to change me to an AB6, and I don't want the flight- I hate, scratch that, despise the AB6. Help appreciated.

Sounds like a repositioning from something like a charter.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:14 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Sounds like a repositioning from something like a charter.
I agree. That flight does not exist the week before, day before, or day after, and AAL2548 has no flight history on FlightAware in the last 4 months. Seems more likely that the flight will go away altogether rather than having an equipment change, and the OP would then be able to choose another non-AB6 flight.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Anyway, my status shows ticketed and I selected my seat.
Did you book a seat in the J cabin? You will get Y service but a much nicer seat.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 8:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

You bet

Sure did. That's why I selected this flight. Hoping for my upgrade and lie flat seat- boy I miss that MIA-ORD 777 flight last year (still getting the lie flat on #86). The exec. plat. desk told me that it's legit for now, couldn't really explain to me why this flight is only for this day. I feel better, now that I see that the cabin is filling up. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I just found

I just found a 763 MIA-JFK. Looking for another ticket to NY and on Nov. 1 flight #972 MIA-JFK is a 763. I am liking these flights. Longer commute for me from JFK but I'll pick a 777 or 763 F experience and a little extra driving over a 737 F experience anytime. Sadly, I can never take the 762 b/c it's smack in the middle of the day, although I hope to soon one day. Only AA plane type I've never been on.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I just found a 763 MIA-JFK. Looking for another ticket to NY and on Nov. 1 flight #972 MIA-JFK is a 763. I am liking these flights. Longer commute for me from JFK but I'll pick a 777 or 763 F experience and a little extra driving over a 737 F experience anytime. Sadly, I can never take the 762 b/c it's smack in the middle of the day, although I hope to soon one day. Only AA plane type I've never been on.
That's a turn AA does with JFK/MIA and then back. I often take the flight (now departing at 730AM) down and J seat with the duvets and pillow is quite nice. However, with changes coming I not sure how much longer that 762 will be used for this route.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
That's a turn AA does with JFK/MIA and then back. I often take the flight (now departing at 730AM) down and J seat with the duvets and pillow is quite nice. However, with changes coming I not sure how much longer that 762 will be used for this route.
You're talking about 1165 and 1628 on a 200 and he/she was saying that 972 (which is currently an Airbus) will be on a 300.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.