Sorry - what does WN stand for?
Southwest Airlines.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by sinanju
Not really relevant to his question.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:04 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
as much as I hate hearing that we are waiting for an agent to pull the jet bridge, AND/OR hearing that we are waiting while they move a piece of equipment, it happens at ALL airlines. EVEN WN!

have you ever thought that the original agent for your flight is stuck at a delayed outbound and there aren't enough agents to get to your inbound right away?

As much as I hate sitting and waiting for someone...it happens.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:37 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Always wondered, too....so I looked it up in the Glossary!
WN = Southwest Airlines
Old Sep 13, 2008, 5:02 am

Maybe AA should stop offering coffee breaks to the agents. That'll show 'em Is it possible that what she said was true? It takes hundreds of folks to make one flight successful, and one to fudge it all up. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Joka
We landed in BOS one time coming from LHR and we had to wait on the plane for almost an hour because "customs was too busy". Good planning on their part to have 4 big birds landing within an hour of each other. Certainly aggravating to arrive at your destination and be delayed deplaning but it happens all too often
Once, on arriving at BOS on a BA flight from LHR, the queue to immigration went most of the way down the corridor back to the gate from the hall since there were so many people. I assume that your flight must have landed after mine then!
Old Sep 14, 2008, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by skylady
Maybe AA should stop offering coffee breaks to the agents. That'll show 'em Is it possible that what she said was true? It takes hundreds of folks to make one flight successful, and one to fudge it all up. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
I was late getting to the gate once because I was stuck in one of the airport bars Only two agents that night ,me and one in baggage claim

Dealing with a drunk mother who was meeting a UM off of the plane ,she threw a punch at me in the bar and was taken in to custody by the local police.

Had a very difficult time explaining to the incoming crew who were waiting impatiently to get off and get to thier hotel that the reason for the delay was that I was in a bar fight.

Best excuse I ever had for being late meeting a flight.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
With staffing more limited, particularly in hubs and busier airports, there may no be an agent right away if flights are off schedule. Agents want to get the flight on and off the gate (or at least close the a/c door so they are done working the deboarding and boarding process) as much as the paxs.
This is a false economy, though. It's stupid to save 15 minutes worth of GA time when, in the process, you tie up an airplane, a flight crew, a cabin crew and risk having a bunch of passengers misconnect. I'm sure someone got paid a big bonus for figuring out how to reduce expenses for GAs by 7% some year; I'm equally sure that person isn't on the hook at all for all of the ancillary damage caused by being overly aggressive in cutting back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.