Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdmiral Club IFs...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2008, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
AAdmiral Club IFs...

IF, and I'm just saying IF, American was to close any clubs, what club(s) would be the most likely to get closed? They have clubs in:

Atlanta
Austin
Bogata
Boston
Buenos Aires
Caracas
Chicago
Dallas
Denver
Frankfurt
Honolulu
Kansas City
London
Los Angeles
Mexico City
Miami
Nashville
Newark
New York JFK
New York LGA
Orange County
Panama City
Paris
Philadelphia
Raleigh-Durham
Rio De Janerio
San Francisco
San Jose
San Diego
San Juan
Santiago
Santo Domino
Sao Paolo
St Louis
Tokyo
Toronto
Washington DCA
Washington IAD
Old Aug 24, 2008, 6:02 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What IF there were no more st00pid threads on FT...
Old Aug 24, 2008, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
I think they will be closed in reverse alphabetical order.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 6:51 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
They will probably close the oldest clubs first since they are the least fuel efficient. Hopefully if the economy recovers they will be replaced with Boeing 787 clubs.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 6:57 pm

They're clearly going to close FRA by the end of September, thus the current fire sale on new memberships there.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I think JFK clubs are likely on the chopping block. Who needs a club when there is a whole new terminal to enjoy.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
Originally Posted by HNL
Let me just first say that I am 100% offended by this. How rude of you to belittle someone's legitimate question.

Anyway, thanks to everyone else's thoughts.. I was just wondering because AA seems to have a lot of clubs in cities where they no longer have a lot of traffic. Just wondering if any had a higher potential for being cut or closed since every other airline is currently closing clubs.

Just wondering...
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ERJ170
Let me just first say that I am 100% offended by this. How rude of you to belittle someone's legitimate question.
No need to be offended. Questions without an apparently legitimate reason usually get short shrift here. Are you asking out of idle curiosity, are you concerned about your home club being closed, are you employed in an AC and worried about your job? If none of the above, why do you care?

Anyway, thanks to everyone else's thoughts.. I was just wondering because AA seems to have a lot of clubs in cities where they no longer have a lot of traffic. Just wondering if any had a higher potential for being cut or closed since every other airline is currently closing clubs.
I don't believe most of the people who post here have any personal knowledge of such things.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:33 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Prediction:
DFW(4), MIA(2), ORD(3), LAX(2), JFK(3), and STL(1) - all 15 of those clubs are closing.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I was just wondering because AA seems to have a lot of clubs in cities where they no longer have a lot of traffic.
American aspires to be - and often succeeds at - being a real airline. It has an extensive network, and seeks to bring profitable travelers onto the network. It knows the AA & partner travel patterns of the AC membership buyers, and of the EXPs and Plats who get limited complimentary access. AA also knows its employee and site lease costs. These data aren't likely to be found in the public domain.

And yes, AA FT board participants often know where the clubs are.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I think the "stupid" commentary is in reference to the many threads here that are started as--or are perpetuated with--pure speculation, pure guess, pure conjecture...and as such, dilute the true information needed herein.

Many seem to long for a crystal ball that points to what AA's next moves are, but w/o concrete facts from those who have such information in hand & are able and or willing to share them here, the rampant speculation is probably best left out of the mix.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*

Anyway, thanks to everyone else's thoughts..
You thought the other replies were serious?
Old Aug 24, 2008, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake
Originally Posted by HNL
Then the post count would go down by about 90%.

Cheers,

--J
Old Aug 24, 2008, 9:23 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

Anyway, thanks to everyone else's thoughts..
This may be the most amusing part

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 9:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
I just looked up the definition of snarky using a Google search. It said see the American Airlines forum on flyertalk. I could not agree more. These types of threads, not the thread itself, the responses, are what make this forum so entertaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.